Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535

OMG OMG OMG!

Oxygen is going to play marathons of America's Next Top Model starting mid January! All the seasons! With interviews from past contestants!

I'm soooo excited!! The only time I see old episodes rebroadcasted is before the previous cycle starts, and then it's on MTV and it's only the recent cycles. All day Sunday, and it's after the football season has ended!! YEA!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG OMG OMG!

Oxygen is going to play marathons of America's Next Top Model starting mid January! All the seasons! With interviews from past contestants!

I'm soooo excited!! The only time I see old episodes rebroadcasted is before the previous cycle starts, and then it's on MTV and it's only the recent cycles. All day Sunday, and it's after the football season has ended!! YEA!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!

Its sad that I know this isn't sarcastic. Either that, or creepy.

I'm guessing the game you saw was #4 Montana vs. #1 James Madison?

A few years ago, college football went to the labels of FBS and FCS.

FBS=Football Bowl Subdivision

FCS=Football Championship Subdivision

FBS are the big boys in their bowl games.

FCS is what FBS needs to do: college playoffs.

Burnie, thanks for the explaination.....but I still don't understand. So there are two Division I's?? I just assumed that any college team that was not a division I was either a Div II or III. What's the purpose of having 2 Division I's?

Whizkid, thanks for the clarification on Div. II. Maybe I never hear about Div II because it seems like all the smaller colleges in WI are Div III.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Can anyone explain what the big deal is about Josh Groban? The Madison Christmas station plays songs by him like every hour.

WOLX plays "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams about 30 times a day. That and "Blue Christmas" by Elvis. Play some variety.

Speaking of Christmas music, can anyone ID this alleged Christmas song for me? It's about a guy bumping into a girl he used to know in the grocery store. He sings about his job and other stuff that has nothing to do with Christmas. I've heard it on both Madison and Milwaukee Christmas music stations.

Burnie, thanks for the explaination.....but I still don't understand. So there are two Division I's??

Yes --

There is 1A -- which is Big Ten, Pac 10, SEC, ACC, etc.

and then 1AA

1AA teams would be "Big Sky" like Montana, Idaho -- "Ivy League" like Cornell, Princeton DeVry, "Colonial" -- James Madison, Delaware, etc... "SWAC" -- Grambling, Jackson State, etc... "Southern" -- Appalachian St., The Citadel, etc...

A lot of 1A teams will schedule a 1AA team as a NC game -- especially since most teams now play 12 games instead of 11, and had to scramble to schedule teams these last few seasons (that is why UW ended up playing Cal Polygon).

Most 1A conferences though penalize teams for playing 1AA teams in tiebreakers... For example if Michigan is 12-0 and Wisconsin is 12-0, if Mich beat a 1AA team as a NC game, and UW beat 0, UW would win the tie-breaker.

Hope this helps.

Speaking of Christmas music, can anyone ID this alleged Christmas song for me? It's about a guy bumping into a girl he used to know in the grocery store. He sings about his job and other stuff that has nothing to do with Christmas. I've heard it on both Madison and Milwaukee Christmas music stations.
That'd be Dan Fogelberg: Same Old Lang Syne. It's considered Christmasy because "the snow was falling Christmas Eve" when he bumped into his old lover in the grocery store.

And WOLX plays that a heck of a lot too. For those of us who enjoy Christmas music (which I know does not include burniebrewer and others here), it's disappointing that they resolutely maintain such a wee tiny and small playlist.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

NeedMoreFans[/b]]Can someone explain to me how "It's Cold Outside" is a Christmas song? It's about a guy trying to get a girl to stay at his house longer, and the girl being reluctant but talking herself into it.
Same thing with "These are a few of my favorite things".....When did this become a Christmas song?

Completely different topic but a random thought...I'm thankful that the news clarified that throwing a shoe at someone in Iraq is considered a show of disrespect. Unlike here in the states where it is a sign of love and affection.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Man, if you ever want to get a Star Wars freak to start foaming at the mouth, use the terms "wookie" and "chewbaca" interchangeably.
Or leave the second "e" off the end of Wookiee, or leave the third "c" out of Chewbacca. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

(I want to point out for the record here that I am NOT a Star Wars freak. I will admit to being a spelling and language use freak.)

Ok, this is a question that is too dumb to ask anywhere else. The other day on ESPN I saw a NCAA division I football playoff game that involved Montana and someone else. It wasn't billed as a conference playoff game. What is that? I thought Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. were Div I. Also, is there a Div II. If so, I never hear of it and what teams are Div II
FBS (formerly Division 1-A) = 85 scholarships

FCS (formerly Division 1-AA) = 63 scholarships

Division II = 36 scholarships

Division III = 0 scholarships

You're right that Wisconsin has few D2 schools (only Parkside which is non-football).

The Minnesota schools are D2, so many Wisconsin kids go there for football and basketball.

FCS (formerly Division 1-AA) = 63 scholarships
And some FCS schools run non-scholarship football programs, such as all members of the Pioneer Football League: Valpo, Butler, Drake, Dayton, San Diego, Davidson, etc....
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I heard Da Yooper's "Rusty Chevrolet" on a country radio station yesterday. I haven't heard that song in about 20 years. It still makes me smile.
Oh yeah, the only song I've ever heard with "ShopKo" in the lyrics. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Note that they aren't playing it on WOLX. That would cut into their valuable Andy Williams/Josh Groban/Amy Grant/Christmas Shoes time.

Archived