Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be really cool if I could get some perfectly placed wind to come along and blow all of my leaves to the curb. This would save me a few hours of raking today.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Someone raked my entire lawn the other day while I was at work. I'd like to know who it was so I can give them a case of beer. Doty Island neighbors are the best. Although it might have been the ghost of the original owner of my house who died last week at 103 years old.

Deer need to learn to look both ways before crossing the street.
I saw one in the middle of bluemound the other day, pretty strange.

Why does the Oakland A's logo have an apostrophe? Doesn't that mean possession? If its plural you just add an s. Wait, maybe if it spells a word you have to use the apostrophe? Like As would mean as. But if you write the whole word, it would be Athletics, not Athletic's. Weird. Athletics is a great name for a team by the way.

Why does the Oakland A's logo have an apostrophe? Doesn't that mean possession? If its plural you just add an s. Wait, maybe if it spells a word you have to use the apostrophe? Like As would mean as. But if you write the whole word, it would be Athletics, not Athletic's. Weird. Athletics is a great name for a team by the way.
You use an apostrophe when truncating words or numbers, like if you were to say 1982, you'd say '82. Or even when I just used you'd - the apostrophe takes the place of the rest of would.

The apostrophe in the A's logo is fine.

This is probably a dumb question but oh well. If a mouse were to die between a wall and refrigerator, would it be possible for the smell to get carried through the fridge and freezer? We put poison out around the house last week and within the last couple days our house smells awful in some places, but especially in the fridge and freezer. We searched through all the food but none of it is the source.

yes the smell can get into the freezer or fridge. We had to clear out my mother in laws house when she had to move into a nursing home and she was a lifelong smoker who, to be kind, had let the house cleaning get away from her the last year or so she was there. All the food in the freezer smelled like stale cigarette smoke. I suspect she hadn't eaten much of it for a long time so it may have to be due to long term exposure but I know outside smells can get into the freezer.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

My wife continuously enters those low chance-high reward raffles and never wins, yet keeps trying.

Today she received a phone call. She won two Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets, a show we were planning to attend as it was.

Am I the only one who sees that album cover moving?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I went to the eye doctor today and he ordered blood tests. Seriously.

While my eyes were dilated, after my CT scan, I went to a sub sandwich shop to grab some grub. I went inside to order; and directly to my left was a cop. I had sunglasses on inside on a cloudy day. He sorta stared at me, so stared at him not realizing how I had drawn attention to myself. Taking the glasses off and revealing retinas as large as a dinner plate would probably have gotten me a drug test though.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived