Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah, 99.1 WMYX in Milwaukee did switch to all Christmas/holiday music today - November 1.

This is too early for me, and I like Christmas music. I can only imagine how irritating it is for those who aren't a fan of the genre.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have never been to the Sandbar in the Dells. I blame myself. I usually ask my friends if they want to go. They ask "what's the Sandbar?" I reply "a place that lets 16 year olds drink." They say " why would we want to go there then?" My friends are not Dead Milkmen fans.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I had a weird dream the other night. I was sitting in a class room and Heath Ledger was in the desk right next to me, and the class was watching one of his movies, but everyone knew he was dead so it was kind of awkward. Weird. No idea why that one happened.

Family Guy has officially jumped the shark.
how so?

I still like it, but yeah, the same-ness has gotten a little boring. the episode i got most mad about was the "stewie kills lois" episode that all ended in a dream. they tried to play it off with a joke, but it was just annoying they'd do that.

although just as i was starting to like King of the Hill, they go and cancel the series. yet they renew American Dad, which isn't that funny.

I still like it, too, but it's lost its luster lately.

-It has become increasingly apparent that the creators/writers are injecting their agendas into the show. I won't get into it here, but if you've been watching the show lately, it's quite obvious. It's bordering on offensive.

-The episode with Stewie and Brian traveling back to Nazi Germany was absolutely pointless. Did they run out of ideas?

-Peter has become ridiculously stupid. His baffoonery isn't funny anymore. I almost hope they kill him off.

How come the in the Boston Celtics name, Celtics is pronounced like "Seltics", whereas people from Ireland/Scotland/Wales pronounce it "Keltic"?
That's the weirdest thing ever, because I was just asking myself the same question about 2 days ago.

How come the in the Boston Celtics name, Celtics is pronounced like "Seltics", whereas people from Ireland/Scotland/Wales pronounce it "Keltic"?

Yet, the Scottish soccer team Celtic is prounounced the same as the Boston Celtics.

I've had recurring dreams lately where I can dunk. I can't do fancy tomahawk LeBron James dunks, just good solid just-over-the-rim dunks. And I'm not playing against anyone. It's just me, a half-court, and a basketball. Dunking. They are probably the greatest dreams I've ever had.
I am not Shea Vucinich

It was pretty nice outside here today so I had the windows in my room open (no screens) while I was watching TV. Eventually I started to hear something rustling around and it caught my attention. A little lizard probably about 4 inches long got in my room through the window and couldn't get out. Well I had to do what I could to get him back in his habitat and the heck out of mine. The plan: I took a cup and tried to cover the guy up with it and then slide a piece of cardboard underneath so I could scoop him up and chuck him outside. Good intentions, bad delivery. I totally smacked the cup on my tile floor right on his leg, sheared it right off. Managed to throw his newly crippled self outside, but I still had a twitchy lizard leg sitting on my floor. I used a napkin to pick it up and when I did, I totally felt some kind of small electric shock coming from the leg, it was so weird. It zapped me.

Archived