Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
Taco Bell's new Volcano Taco isn't really all that hot.

I tried it and I needed to put extra fire sauce on there. On that note, their fire isn't all that fire. I want ++fire. Step up to the plate TB.

Del Taco has some hot hot sauce. I think it's called Del Scorcho or something like that.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back is better than The Cat in the Hat.
Weekend at Bernie's 2 is better than Weekend at Bernie's.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons is much better than Regular Dungeons & Dragons.

I tried it and I needed to put extra fire sauce on there. On that note, their fire isn't all that fire. I want ++fire. Step up to the plate TB.

Del Taco has some hot hot sauce. I think it's called Del Scorcho or something like that.

Taco Bell used to have Mild, Medium, and Hot. Now they have Medium, Hot, and Fire. I see what they did there!

Can I have a small soda? No, we only have medium, large, and extra large!

I'm eating a bag of peanuts (leftover from the 10/4 playoff game) and I notice that "Dry Roasted" is printed on the front of the bag. What does this mean? Also, that got me thinking, what would be the opposite of something being dry roasted?

Boiled.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

So TBS and Sharp are having this "lights out" promotion during tonight's game. Aren't they concerned about the amount of electricity used to visit their "lightsout" website?

Environmental initiatives being counter-productive? Never!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'm sure not many people realize it but taking the word of Chris Berman, Mike Golic, Don Shula, Jillian Barberie, and countless other celebrities to try the Nutrasystem diet plan really bugs me.

I mean, (a) they are paid spokespeople, (b) they can AFFORD the plan since they are rich, and © at a little less than $3.00 per meal (let's say $2.50 for this exercise), it costs you $12.50 a day (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack), $87.50 per week, and $4,550.00 per year. Sure, some will argue, that's the equivalent of what we spend on groceries at our house. But this is $87.50 per week FOR ONE PERSON! (not to mention any hidden fees, and membership accounts to join.)

Why do so many people fail at the Nutrasystem diet (while spokespeople can make it look so bleeding easy to succeed?) Because they can afford it and the public is unaware of what it really costs.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

On my new favorite online music site, rateyourmusic.com, there's a genre called "Traditional Doom Metal" - I am now kind of curious to hear the differences between traditional doom metal and similar genres such as funeral doom metal, death doom metal, brutal death metal, deathgrind, cybergrind and powerviolence.

Also, what makes traditional doom metal, traditional?

There is a special place in Hel...enville for people who give away those awful peanut butter candies for trick or treating. I'm talking about those ones in either orange or black wrappers.

You ever notice it is little old ladies who give away pennies during trick or treating?

My dish network customer service experience.

The smart card for Dish is being upgraded and a pop up o n my screen says if you see this call this number.

So I do.

Automated response asks for my phone number and I give it. I have 4 lines and didn't get the right one so it transferred me to a live but not indigenous to the US person on what sounded suspiciously like a free sports illustrated shoe phone from the 80's. The following is the conversation.

Rep- nann ann nook plles

Me- what?

Rep nann ann nook plles

Me- my name and number?

Rep- yss sire

Me- Phil and I think the number you have on file is....

Rep - no doss ttoddo

Me- that isn't right?

Rep- no doss ttoddo

Me- how about this one

Rep - No doss ttoddo

Me- how about this one

Rep - No doss ttoddo.

Me - those are the only numbers it could be.

Rep - hoew boate yer acomt nubero.

Me - what

Rep hoew boate yer acomt nubero

Me- my account number?

Rep- yss sire

Me- I don't know I have no bill in front of me. Can i find it on the tv?

Rep- yss goe tu nune

Me- (learning the strange language as I go very well I thought) go to menu?

Rep - yss sire

(I go to it and see the number she wants)

Me- it's xxxxxxxxx

Rep - Phel whte cnn i hepl you wht?

Me- I was prompted by the pop up on my tv to call if i didn't receive a new smart card so I'm calling.

Rep- whaatt dioo the msosge sayh

Me What did what message say?

Rep- thhe onke om thoe tmv

Me- it said what I just told you. I was supposed to call this number if I didn't receive the smart card.

Rep- thire sooumd boe a numger in th riohgjt comner ot toe mesdsageo what id it?

Me - a number in the top right corner of the pop up message?

Rep- yss sire

Me- i don't know when you told me to go to the menu to find my id number I had to cancel the message.

Rep - itb cusem uop ery fuir ouhrs.

Me - it comes up every four hours.

Rep - yss sire

Me- I don't see how that's supposed to help me now.

Rep- youe nedg a nef smaor krid maidls.

Me- yes I need a new smart card mailed to me.

(they get the address and surprise surprise they have the wrong zip code)

Rep - okey philed youus hsiould reovned a new smaort cord with ni 30 dasys. Jsut deostug the origunnl one woi sent

Me - I'm supposed to get the new one within 30 days and if i get the first one just destroy it?

Rep- yss sire

Me - how am i supposed to know which is the first one you sent me as opposed to the second one.

REp- if vo don;t woks its the fixt one

Me- so if it doesn't work its the first one fine.

Rep - you musldt instro the negw ssmalrt kard wiht sn21 days or oyu wil habe sifrupted stivce.

ME- I thought you just told me the new card could take 30 days to show up?

Rep- yss sire

Me - but if I have to insert the new card within 21 days or have disrupted service isn't that a problem?

Rep - you musldt instro the negw ssmalrt kard wiht sn21 days or oyu wil habe sifrupted stivce.

Me - I know I have to do it within 21 days but you just told me I would receive the new on within 30 days. Don't you see the problem

I'm having here?

(repeat the last six lines above four lines more times verbatim.)

Me- I know... never mind thank you.

Rep- sin ther anithing els i cna duie ofmt youm?

Me- no thank you you've done quite enough.

Rep - thnakis you fored dinng a sisk netowrk soutemnr

Me - (lightly sobbing) your welcome.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The reference in the layaway thread to Da Yoopers' Christmas classic "Rusty Chevrolet" makes me wonder how early radio stations will switch over to all-Christmas. Didn't the "holiday" station in Milwaukee start the format on like November 1 last year? (which is too early even for me) That would be next weekend!
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have not gotten up off the couch for about three hours. This is awesome. I'm totally relaxed, watching the World Series, and the wife is letting me. Now if I can just get here to make me a glass of milk and something to eat....
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived