Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I drank 1/2 a pitcher of margaritas at dinner. I think they replaced all the tequila with sugar, because afterwards I wasn't intoxicated - I just had a horrible stomach ache. So I came home instead of going out with people, fell asleep at 8, then woke up a little after 11. It's now 2:30 AM, and here I am, stone cold sober, wishing more people would be posting on BF.net, since I feel like I've read the entire internet.

My overnight dream was that we received our 2009 season ticket invoice. Our terrace level location was changed to section 405 and our loge location to section 380.

I was mad about both (of course, it being a dream, I wasn't immediately realizing that Miller Park has no section 380).

I was going to call our ticket rep to find out how the heck we got bumped out of the family sections...but then I woke up.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Last night my son and I wandered the mall while we waited for mom to finish getting her nails done. We saw some cool stuff:

* The book Baseball for Dummies, by Joe Morgan. It had a one-paragraph blurb about OBP.

* A screenprinting kiosk with a shirt on display featuring photos Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr, and a picture of a Barack Obama CLOCK. Normal pictures of the first two guys, but the picture of Obama was clearly just a clock with his face on the clock face. The shirt also had the words "Unite 4 Change" which I think is a Brett Favre reference, but I'm not sure if its pro-Favre or anti-Favre - the word "change" might imply starting Aaron Rodgers, or it could be written from a NY Jets perspective.

* Rob Zombie over the loudspeakers in the golf/camping/fishing upstairs area at the Dick's Sporting Goods store. The music wasn't playing downstairs, and I normally wouldn't assosciate Rob Zombie with those activities.

* Golf club heads bigger than a human head. I haven't played golf in years - does everyone just really suck at golf these days?

Last night my son and I wandered the mall while we waited for mom to finish getting her nails done. We saw some cool stuff:

* The book Baseball for Dummies, by Joe Morgan. It had a one-paragraph blurb about OBP.

The book Baseball for by Dummies, by Joe Morgan. It had a one-paragraph blurb about OBP.

/fixed

So last night, my gentleman friend took me out for a belated birthday dinner. We got all dressed up and went to a steakhouse and it was just a really wonderful time. I'd begged my roommate to stay at her boyfriend's so we had the whole place to ourselves. We were in the cab coming back to watch the Sox game when it hit me: I'd put my wallet and my lipstick and my subway pass in my small purse but not my keys.

The going rate for a locksmith in Boston at 8:30 on a Saturday night? $220. Christ amighty.

Archived