Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just purchased 2 face value tickets to Game 5 of the NLDS at Wrigley! What's a guy to do? Should I sell them and make a king's ransom, or go to the game, assuming the Brewers miss the playoffs?

Right now, depending on where they are, tix for game #5 at Wrigly on stubhub are listing for anywhere from $150(SRO) to $15,000 (Upperdeck - outfield? I think some guy is just takig a stab in the dark at that one). Generally the upper deck seats are going between $300 - $750 each. Bleachers - about the same, maybe a little more and lower deck between $1,200 and $2,500.

http://www.stubhub.com/ch...-vs-tba-10-6-2008-585517/

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

stupid question but are you out the money if there isn't a game 5? or are you going to get a refund somehow?

I'll be out $16 in service fees. If it doesn't go the distance, then, oh well, the reward was much too great. Otherwise, I'll get refunded fully.

Anybody have the best idea of where to sell them? Anybody know any Cubs fans who would pay handsomly to attend a postseason gaem?

Those Cadillac commercials where they have people talking while driving in one of their vehicles on poorly-lit, reddish-purple scense...

...aside from the lady who used to be on "Grey's Anatomy," are they using celebrities, or people I'm supposed to otherwise recognize?

From the ads, I get the sense that I'm supposed to know who they are...but I don't.

Their ad for the Escalade Hybrid is one of the worst I've ever seen.

"Why don't Hybrids have dvd entertainment, etc?" Umm, maybe because it's the most impractical thing imaginable to put in a car?

Ooh Ooh, I have something to post about Sam's Club.

Someone from a Sam's Club called me this morning because a former employee listed me as a reference. The caller had only three questions for me, which I was to answer yes or no.

The first one (paraphrased) was, "Do you have reason to believe that this person might threaten violence against co-workers or customers?"

The other two weren't as attention-grabbing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sometimes I feel like doing way off the wall things out in public. For example

In a grocery store or someplace crowded and rather quiet, pull out my phone, place a fake call, ask to speak with the dog and start barking.

Grab one of the microphones found at cash registers and then yell: "Swing and a drive to left and deep! Get up! Get up!....."

Grab someone else's grocery cart and run down the aisle

I have others, trust me.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived