Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After taking a number of long distance drives, worst state I've ever driven through was Nebraska. There's a reason the speed limit is 75. I remember doing 80, and actually being passed by a state trooper. Apparently he was in a rush to get out as well.

Worst state for me is Illinois. I drive from top to bottom and I always did it in August, the week before their State Fair, so I was on the road with all the semis hauling stinky animals.

I drove between Milwaukee and New Orleans about 3-4 times a year for 5 years. That's a 16 hour trip.

After taking a number of long distance drives, worst state I've ever driven through was Nebraska. There's a reason the speed limit is 75. I remember doing 80, and actually being passed by a state trooper. Apparently he was in a rush to get out as well.

i used to drive every so often between Madison and Denver, so went through Nebraska. if you trusted your alignment enough, you could almost put the car on cruise and take a nap once you're west of Lincoln. it's a thousand-mile drive and i'd do it by only ever stopping for gas. the troopers generally all park in the closed weigh stations, so i'd only slow down for those and the overhead cameras.

I got a ticket in Nebraska for 84 in a 75, somewhere along that long boring stretch that is basically the entire state. Nebraska is one of 7 states that I've gotten a speeding ticket in. Also Wisconsin, Illinois, Texas, Florida, California, and South Dakota. Ouch.

The people in the apartment above me are having a party and are very loud. Banging the floor, and yelling. I know I kinda have to expect this on a friday from time to time, but I'm just about ready to go up there and kick some butt

I watched Bull Durham for the first time ever this morning, I really liked it.This is a very simple game.

My favorite line from the movie

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains"

its now my sig.

I'm playing in a softball tournament this weekend. Normally I would be pumped but not this time. Why you ask? It's because its coed AND its pumpkin ball. I do not like hitting or throwing a huge softball. Throwing it hurts, and hitting it feels like you're hitting a head of lettuce.

Archived