Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greatest Game: Super Dodgeball on the Nintendo. i've only played it once, but it was the most awesome thing ever.

Second: MVP Baseball on the Sega Master System. not lifelike one bit, but totally addicting.

i loved me some MK on the Genesis. The Mother had no idea there were death moves since I'd do the Friendships when she walked by. Nice touch, Sega.

Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator has quality posts, but I guess he has to with that name.

hawing, re:Kendall

Now everytime I see Kendall, I sing outloud "hey, hey, hey, hey!" I blame you.

I just saw "Gonzo," the docu on Hunter Thompson by Alex Gibney. It was great, definitely best doc on HST I've seen. Then again, he's my favorite writer, so I was bound to love it.

I've just got to say . . . . SLINGBOX IS AWESOME! I am literally 200 miles from my home and I am able to watch the Brewer broadcast of tonight's game that I recorded on my Tivo in my computer room. And I'm able to do this all from my hotel room!

I don't know how it works, but it works! Great stuff, this technology stuff.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I could've sworn I had tickets to Saturday's game.

It turns out they are for next Saturday. Apparently.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I am going to Summerfest tonight and was fully prepared to bite the bullet and spring for the $15 ticket. Twenty minutes ago a coworker sent out an email announcing he has one Summerfest ticket he isn't going to use--first come, first serve. I booked it over there and got the ticket, just seconds ahead of two other people. Munny!

I'll see you there stevo(my fiance wanted tickets to see John Mayer, so we be going tonight!). I'll be there in shorts, a Brewers shirt, and an "MB" hat. I'm a big guy(6'3, 265), feel free to say hi and buy me a beer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I can't think of a metaphor that can describe just how surprised and delighted I am that they found an uncut version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis in a film vault in South America. Something I long thought was lost forever.

Stevo, is that a 3-piece that dress as batteries on stage?

Sorry, I'm sure that one's been used many times before.

Have fun at Summerfest, fellas. I've got tickets, but there's just no one playing that is inspiring me to drive down from Madison. I could go for some people watching and grub, but that's a lot of gas money for lunch and looking at women.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Doug Melvin's press conference announcement that "we're going for it" reminded me of this clip from "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".

The way I see it, Frank Reynolds = Melvin. The girls = the playoffs. Melvin is going to "try the move". We'll see if it works.

GO FOR IT

Edit: Also, notice how disgusted JJ Hardy (Mac) is with "The Move"....ha!

In the life's little lessons department

When attending a party where you don't know anyone if they ask what you do for a living don't tell them you run a little red wagon chop shop. If you do make that mistake and they ask you what that means don't compound the mistake by telling them you chop up stolen little red wagons and sell the parts. It's just a waste of a good joke.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I spend way too much time on this site...to the point where I'm reading threads that don't interest me just because I haven't read them yet. And I'm also hungry, thanks to the talk of the Tombstone pizza. I don't think I have any good food around though, even though I spent $100 at the grocery store today.

Archived