Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension (Part 2)

Baldkin

(B) the positive test likely would have been thrown out in the initial meeting between Braun and MLB after the test

If Brendan Katin's case is any example, we shouldn't expect MLB to be in any kind of hurry to admit any wrongdoing, or even to just exonerate Braun.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the stories I'm hearing from a couple different people are true, Braun is completely innocent. I can't say anything more because its something that shouldn't have gotten out to begin with.

I assume you can't share your sources and obviously can't share the stories. But based upon what you know or what you've been told, do you think that his story will actually give him a chance to win this case?

(B) the positive test likely would have been thrown out in the initial meeting between Braun and MLB after the test

If Brendan Katin's case is any example, we shouldn't expect MLB to be in any kind of hurry to admit any wrongdoing, or even to just exonerate Braun.

MLB is in a bad position regardless of the outcome. If the leaked information proves to be inaccurate, or if he is exonerated, it casts a bad light on the testing program and the insiders that leaked the story before the appeals process was complete. If there's clear-cut evidence Braun was a doper and he is suspended, it's a black mark on the league as whole and is a step back in their efforts to combat the public's perception of PED in baseball. A wishy-washy backpedal or 25 game suspension is just as bad, and suggests that the testing program is subjective or inept AND that Braun is likely a cheater.

I don't see how delaying the inevitable would benefit the MLB, other than to give Mr. Selig and his cronies time to figure out how to spin it in the best possible way. They might be in a hurry to get it over with so the next big scandal or story can erode the public's memory of it.

The Braun camp is in a completely different situation: they will impede and delay the process as much as possible if they believe it increases the chances that he'll be cleared of wrongdoing.

Invader I think I may be hearing the same stories that you have. My reaction from what I heard is that he is completely innocent and has a great defense. But this never should have gotten out in the first place. Even if this info is true or not he will get heat either way from fans.

Invader I think I may be hearing the same stories that you have. My reaction from what I heard is that he is completely innocent and has a great defense. But this never should have gotten out in the first place. Even if this info is true or not he will get heat either way from fans.

I feel like I've probably heard the same thing then. I don't expect this to be resolved any time soon, but at this point I'm 50/50 on whether or not I think the suspension will be upheld.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

tomwopat[/b]]If there's clear-cut evidence Braun was a doper and he is suspended, it's a black mark on the league as whole and is a step back in their efforts to combat the public's perception of PED in baseball.
Just because someone get's caught doesn't mean that baseball has problem's. There are pretty strict laws and punishiments (including death in some states) for murderer's. Yet, people still do it. If no one was convicted of murder for a year, would you think that it's because of the strict laws or because of ineffective law enforcement work? Don't you think if they went several years without any positive tests in baseball that people would start questioning the effectiveness of the tests? In the public's eye, I'm guessing that many would view it as surely someone has to be cheating, not just the occasional fringe minor league player that seems to get caught every year around spring training.

I look at this as a way for MLB to say See, the drug testing is working and the cheaters are getting caught.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Man do I wish I had insider information like woogie and Invader. Instead I have to wait until January.

Woogie quick question. When you say Braun will get hear from fans either way - do you mean if what you have heard is true he will still get heat or that some fans will think he is guilty no matter what so he will get heat?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If the stories I'm hearing from a couple different people are true, Braun is completely innocent. I can't say anything more because its something that shouldn't have gotten out to begin with.
That narrows it down to:

- venereal disease he's taking meds for

- venereal disease causing elevated levels of testosterone

- penis enlargement surgery

- sex change operation

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That narrows it down to:

- venereal disease he's taking meds for

- venereal disease causing elevated levels of testosterone

- penis enlargement surgery

- sex change operation

Or infertility. But yes, all sex related issues.

To answer your question he will get heat from fans either way because people will still think he is guilty if cleared. But if he gets cleared from what I heard he will be getting a different kind of heat from fans. I don't want to say anything because it would be irresponsible since it is a friend of a friend thing and who knows if it is true or not.

For Invader and Woogie, basic question: will this news be shared sooner than later, or will we have to wait until January?

For exoneration purposes, I would hope sooner than later...
I really don't know. I agree that hopefully sooner than later, but we'll see.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think people are really grasping at straws. If the reports are true, he had synthetic testosterone in his system. That is a no-no, the suspension, in my eyes will most likely be upheld.
It is looking to see if there are other possibilities since Braun and others claim he is innocent. Now he could very well be guilty but 3 well respected posters have what sounds like similar info that they are hearing. What is wrong with holding out hope that Braun is actually telling the truth? Even you said the suspension will most likely be upheld, you dont sound definite on it.

But if he gets cleared from what I heard he will be getting a different kind of heat from fans.
Gotta be the sex change operation then.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The rumor several of the posters have referenced is almost assuredly the same one that's been on social media sites and a couple of blogs the last couple days. Some of the dialogue coming out of Braun's camp does seem to line up with it as a possibility, but I haven't seen a real source even hint it could be true or that it's even medically possible this could influence a drug test.

Here's a link: "More Braun Than Brains" - Hire Jim Essian

The rumor several of the posters have referenced is almost assuredly the same one that's been on social media sites and a couple of blogs the last couple days. Some of the dialogue coming out of Braun's camp does seem to line up with it as a possibility, but I haven't seen a real source even hint it could be true or that it's even medically possible this could influence a drug test.

Here's a link: "More Braun Than Brains" - Hire Jim Essian

Yeah right. I don't have the banned substance list in front of me, but I highly doubt any anti-viral meds are on the list. I also doubt having the herpes virus would cause a positive test.

A lot of what I've read since I ran across the rumor seems to indicate that medication for that issue would not influence a drug test or testosterone levels, but a poster on Brew Crew Ball did have this to say:

Not trying to spread rumors

And I realize this is a thread created for taking out Anger, but a doctor friend passed on this information that has left me wondering.

There is a new Herpes medication that would spike Testosterone levels, and given the details this doctor friend thinks there is a good correlation between the unique tests and possibly this drug.

Again, this is not anything from Braun’s camp, so don’t start this as a rumor. It just is a rather feasible option as to what is happening, and if it is the case I foresee a hard choice in Braun’s future.

by PJLizard

Archived