Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension (Part 2)

Baldkin
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Funketown wrote:

This board needs to get back to its roots of being disgusted with Yuni and Junior Spivey.

Keith Ginter should NOT start......and Brady Clark does have value.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The things that have leaked out clearly show that Braun has herpes, the ebola virus, shingles, menstrual cramps, small pox, a runny nose, is gay, is a scientologist, is a Wicca, eats bran flakes, goes bowling once a week, and wears/design ugly shirts.

Is this thread starting to get jacked up for anyone else too? I suspect the length is the issue.

Mods, could we lock this and start another or something? I can't see any of the new posts past page 36 and before that it was not updating properly with the last read function.

Again, I ask why would people think Braun's camp leaked the info when stuff like this is the natural result? Even on a message board of knowledgeable fans we have devolved to the journal-sentinel comments section. Braun can't comment on the issue at hand so the rumor mill is going crazy. It stinks for everyone involved that this was leaked. If Braun is guilty it should have came out in January and there would not have been this insane rumor junk

Is this thread starting to get jacked up for anyone else too? I suspect the length is the issue.

Mods, could we lock this and start another or something? I can't see any of the new posts past page 36 and before that it was not updating properly with the last read function.

Agreed this is ridiculous. All people were doing was commenting on speculation that had been raised by sources out there and all of sudden we are talking little green men.

Braun can't comment on the issue at hand...

He can and has. He has chosen to hide out and limit his comments to non-specific denials...saying "This is all BS...", etc.

This is my take as well. Hey, if he doesn't like the speculation then he CAN end it and put his face in front of a camera and tell his side. However, it appears that he has instead chosen to put himself behind a spokes person and legal team. Not really the best way to come out and say you're innocent, imo.

It's not really this thread, just that Yuku is sucking right now.

That said, this needs to stop being a repository for any rumor someone happens to see on the internets. This isn't TMZ, we can do better.

Agreed this is ridiculous. All people were doing was commenting on speculation that had been raised by sources out there and all of sudden we are talking little green men.

I'm wasn't talking about the content of the posts, though that has gotten a little out of control. I am just having actual problems reading the thread. Yuku sucks.

fondybrewfan]Well Braun said he would speak publicly about it but his attorney advised him not to. Hard to fault the guy if his attorney tells him its a bad idea. I have no doubt that he will talk about it; but only after the appeal is complete.
Not to mention that he has to look out for the best interest of the MLBPA and any other players that may find themselves in a similar position in the future.

Well Braun said he would speak publicly about it but his attorney advised him not to. Hard to fault the guy if his attorney tells him its a bad idea. I have no doubt that he will talk about it; but only after the appeal is complete.
Not to mention that he has to look out for the best interest of the MLBPA and any other players that may find themselves in a similar position in the future.
Exactly. If anything Braun said anything publicly that could jeopardize his appeal, its better to just keep his mouth shut.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

If anything Braun said anything publicly that could jeopardize his appeal, its better to just keep his mouth shut.

If, as he has claimed, he is completely innocent and it's all BS, how would simply stating the truth and giving factual answers to any questions jeopardize his appeal?

Instead we have gotten plenty statements coming and/or leaking from Braun's "camp" that sound like spin and half-truths, such as:

"There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program,"

So their are highly unusual circumstances that will prove that he is innocent, but stating exactly what those circumstances are right now will somehow jeopardize his case next month?

and

"...there will be a defense. It's not something he knew or should have known about."

But revealing right now the details of what he didn't know and should not have known about would somehow jeopardize his case next month?

If anything Braun said anything publicly that could jeopardize his appeal, its better to just keep his mouth shut.

If, as he has claimed, he is completely innocent and it's all BS, how would simply stating the truth and giving factual answers to any questions jeopardize his appeal?

Instead we have gotten plenty statements coming and/or leaking from Braun's "camp" that sound like spin and half-truths, such as:

"There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program,"

So their are highly unusual circumstances that will prove that he is innocent, but stating exactly what those circumstances are right now will somehow jeopardize his case next month?

and

"...there will be a defense. It's not something he knew or should have known about."

But revealing right now the details of what he didn't know and should not have known about would somehow jeopardize his case next month?

In a word, yes. If you were going to court, would you state your specific defense and tactics to the public before your trial? Obviously this is a little different than court but it's still a hearing and I'm sure they are gathering every amount of info possible. MLB will try to defend their testing system and I don't think Braun and his team want to give them any more ammo than they already have. If they have a solid defense, I certainly wouldn't want to give MLB a heads up and give them more time to find holes in it.

Braun and his team have already denied the claims and have even stated there are unusual circumstances which will prove he is innocent. I don't think there's a reason to state those circumstances before the hearing.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived