Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension… (Part 3, Appeal underway)

RyDogg66
Schlitz001[/b]]
TooLiveBrew[/b]]Or maybe Allen just misspoke & meant the 20th http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif
True. This is a leap year and things can get pretty confusing.

Yeah, that's not the point though. The 20th would still not be the 25th "business day". The 20th would not be a business day at all because it's President's day. February 29th would be the 25th "business day" since the hearing began on January 26th. The difference between business days and regular days is really not that confusing.

I realize that none of this has anything to do with Braun's situation and everything I read states that the 25 days (whether they are business or regular). This is just one of those things that bothers me for some reason more than it bothers others. If you are going to use the term "business days" in your report than at least understand what that term means.

Just realized I had the wrong starting date. The hearing started in the 19th (not 26th), so the 25 day would be Feb 12th and the 25th business day would be Feb 22nd.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it definitely 25 business days? I thought Tom H had a post a week or so ago talking about it and he was saying it was already day 15, like it's just simply 25 days from the hearing start date, not 25 business days. If it's 25 days from the hearing itself starting, we're already on day 18 or so.

Is it definitely 25 business days? I thought Tom H had a post a week or so ago talking about it and he was saying it was already day 15, like it's just simply 25 days from the hearing start date, not 25 business days. If it's 25 days from the hearing itself starting, we're already on day 18 or so.
Yes, but it's metric. So that makes it 35 days.

Has this really turned into a debate of when the 25 days are up? It really doesn't even matter since the 25 days was just a guideline. If the arbitrators need more time, MLB will usually allow it.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Has this really turned into a debate of when the 25 days are up? It really doesn't even matter since the 25 days was just a guideline. If the arbitrators need more time, MLB will usually allow it.
I know that and I wish I would have posted the Lance Allen "25 days" thing in the Off Topic "What's bugging me thread" instead of this thread. It just bugged me that Lance Allen said "25 business days" and then stated a date that was inconsistant with that statement.

For whatever it's worth, Bill Michaels just said on his Twitter feed that we would find out "By Monday."
I'm assuming that Michaels is basing this purley on the 25 days thing and really has no more insight that we do.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

For whatever it's worth, Bill Michaels just said on his Twitter feed that we would find out "By Monday."
http://i.imgur.com/eJRiO.gif

As long as you feel your source is valid... I'm pretty sure that's Bill on the left.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1285142_o.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Every day I get to work and a I check this. Then when I have a lull at work, I check this thread again. Then when I'm at home last night, I check this thread. I keep thinking another source will pop up, or a someone will have a verdict or whatever, and every day I'm disappointed. UGH.

Can't imagine how much worse it'll feel if one day I log in and see a guilty verdict though. At least at this time there is some small hope that he won't be suspended.

Every day I get to work and a I check this. Then when I have a lull at work, I check this thread again. Then when I'm at home last night, I check this thread. I keep thinking another source will pop up, or a someone will have a verdict or whatever, and every day I'm disappointed. UGH.

Can't imagine how much worse it'll feel if one day I log in and see a guilty verdict though. At least at this time there is some small hope that he won't be suspended.

If it stinks this much for us imagine what it is like for Braun. IF he is innocent imagine what the last few months have been like.

I know others have said this, but it's long been at the point where I just want it done either way just so we can all stop worrying about it. I have to think it will be "any day now." I do think as long as this has dragged out, it could well be in Braun's favor.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If it stinks this much for us imagine what it is like for Braun. IF he is innocent imagine what the last few months have been like.

Yeah, I've thought of that. I wonder what Braun is thinking...of course, he actually knows the facts and what happened at his appeal and whatnot. Hard to say, maybe he knows he's guilty and he's just hoping on hope that he can somehow get out of it. Maybe he really believes he's innocent and he's hoping this will clear his name and not tarnish his legacty and whatnot. If it's the second one, I'm sure every day that goes by is torture. He cant talk about it, he has all these people bashing him and can't really say anything. And even if he is innocent, there is no certainty that he will win his appeal and he could be labeled as a cheater for something he believes he didn't do. That would be hard to swallow...if that's the case.

He also maybe thinks he is going to win the appeal based on how that went or whatnot too. While it does suck for him, he at least knows the facts and has a better idea of whats going on than the rest of us do.

FYI - Listening to WTMJ and they stated that the ESPN guy that broke the Braun story will be on shortly with "latest developments". Of course "latest developments" could mean absolutely nothing new.

edit: As suspected...he provided nothing new.

CBS 58 did a little promo for their 10 PM newscast about if Braun could be traded to the Yankees. I recorded it just because I want to see how stupid it is.

That sounds like must see television to me. /blue

For fun... What would it take for the Yanks to land Braun? Cano + Pineda

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

CBS 58 did a little promo for their 10 PM newscast about if Braun could be traded to the Yankees. I recorded it just because I want to see how stupid it is.
Have to love sweeps, huh? http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/wink.gif

It is getting harder to wait for a verdict to come down, but at least the situation should be resolved one way or another soon, and even if he is suspended, the team has had time to figure out a backup plan.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I saw some silly blog the other day about how the Yankees should try to get Braun. I think the guy was just more or less stating how cool it would be. Some moron at cbs probably just saw it and is making a fluff story about it. It's a dead sports time, especially when all you have to cover today is the Bucks.

brwrsfan wrote:

I saw some silly blog the other day about how the Yankees should try to get Braun. I think the guy was just more or less stating how cool it would be. Some moron at cbs probably just saw it and is making a fluff story about it. It's a dead sports time, especially when all you have to cover today is the Bucks.

Just saw it, that's what it was about. Specifically this.

To the blogger's credit, he leads off by saying he's basically just daydreaming. But then he also says 2012 will be a lost season for the Brewerighrs, so there's that.

Right, because having 2 hitters who can hit 20+ home runs and having a very good rotation makes for a lost season.

A lot of "pundits" out there just see "Oh, the Brewers lost Fielder, they won't hit any homers this year." They forget that Melvin signed A-Ram and we still have Hart, Weeks, etc. even if Braun is suspended. I bet most of them don't even know about Norichika Aoki coming to the Brewers, either.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived