Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension… (Part 3, Appeal underway)

RyDogg66
If Braun is cleared i don't expect MLB to make any announcement. they will simply notify Braun and he/his people will call a press conference. the last thing MLB wants to do is to officially address an issue that is just a rumor. The best way to stop leaks like this in the future is for MLB to neveraddress them directly.
Don't expect MLB to sit on their hands while Braun tells his side of the story about why he was exonerated. Do you think MLB isn't going to respond after Braun explains what they screwed up to result in a positive test when he in fact was innocent? No matter what happens, MLB will have to explain themselves.

Braun tested positive in October. It is now February. This isn't a murder case. Get this thing done already!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we really know that this process is taking any longer than normal? As I understand it, under proper confidentiality, we still wouldn't have even heard about the positive test.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I have a feeling that if he is exonerated it will still involve a heightened drug test protocol for a year or so.
It's easy for me to say, but if Ryan has to be tested more often in exchange for no suspension, I'd take that. I'd like to think that a 'clean' year after more rigorous testing might cut down some on the masses who have been assuming since December that he's a cheater.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I fully expect MLB to throw a lab, and possibly one or more lab employees, under the proverbial bus at the end of this no matter which way it goes.

I doubt that. The process must be u pkept no matter what. Rebuking the chain makes everything that has come before questionable, something that MLB does not want.

Lance Allen in the "one minute sports" this morning on Channel 4 said that MLB has 25 "business days" to make a decision on Braun then he said that would be February 19. What? February 19th is a Sunday. Lance, do you know what business days are?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Eh, I don't think anyone really knows. If the arbitrators need a few extra days to decide, I would think MLB would grant them that extension anyway.

I know and agree. The arbitors will take as long as they need to come to what they feel is the right decision. I just find it funny that Lance Allen does not seem to know what a business day is.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

If he's exonerated Braun's attorneys are going to have to decide whether the breach of confidentiality has caused financial harm to their client. If so, there could well be lawsuits filed if they can determine the source of the leak. Perhaps the delay involves behind the scenes negotiations to insure that MLB is held harmless for the leak.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Lance Allen in the "one minute sports" this morning on Channel 4 said that MLB has 25 "business days" to make a decision on Braun then he said that would be February 19. What? February 19th is a Sunday. Lance, do you know what business days are?

Well, he has to work on Sundays... http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/wink.gif

Maybe once pitchers and Molinas report, every day is a business day for MLB?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

What about these possibilities for the delay - a sample exists that is attributed to Braun as well as 2 others. They contain banned substances and by the letter of the law so to speak, they require 50 day suspensions. The levels and other circumstances call into doubt whether they are genuine or deliberately or accidently contaminated.

There could be actual investigations into the process and individuals involved in the process, either by law enforcement or a private agency.

Or perhaps they don't believe the samples are valid but have to come up with a reason to not follow the rules. Even if it seems highly unlikely and wonky in whatever way, there has to be an explanation for not following the rules.

Formerly AKA Pete

I remember when the news of this first came out and I thought to myself, "geez, having to wait till the end of January is going to seem like an eternity!" Hopefully, this ends soon, but it's looking like eternity is longer than I imagined.

This whole process is taking way too long. I am sure within days of the case being heard, the arbitrators knew the verdict. All this time that has passed is people behind the scenes covering their bases and doing damage control prior to the ruling being publicly announced.

My gut still tells me guilty. Why? Because history is against him and MLB will ultimately protect itself and the integrity of their testing system before the interests of any one player, MVP or not.

This whole process is taking way too long. I am sure within days of the case being heard, the arbitrators knew the verdict. All this time that has passed is people behind the scenes covering their bases and doing damage control prior to the ruling being publicly announced.

My gut still tells me guilty. Why? Because history is against him and MLB will ultimately protect itself and the integrity of their testing system before the interests of any one player, MVP or not.

History is blind. There could have been 10 cases over turned every season for the past 10 years and we would never know in theory.

Schlitz001[/b]]
TooLiveBrew[/b]]Or maybe Allen just misspoke & meant the 20th http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif
True. This is a leap year and things can get pretty confusing.

Yeah, that's not the point though. The 20th would still not be the 25th "business day". The 20th would not be a business day at all because it's President's day. February 29th would be the 25th "business day" since the hearing began on January 26th. The difference between business days and regular days is really not that confusing.

I realize that none of this has anything to do with Braun's situation and everything I read states that the 25 days (whether they are business or regular). This is just one of those things that bothers me for some reason more than it bothers others. If you are going to use the term "business days" in your report than at least understand what that term means.

At this point I am just annoyed and just assume get it over with. My initial shock wore off a long time ago and I just want to get the season started with or without Braun. I am still putting it at 80/20 that he gets suspended for no reason other than my own personal opinion.

Someone should just start the countdown to opening day thread so I can habitually check a thread other than this one on BF.

Archived