Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension… (Part 3, Appeal underway)

RyDogg66
If I recall the bottom line said something like "Ryan Braun tests positive for PED", which if the new information we've since learned is correct...it wasn't a PED, it could have been medicinal. Maybe. Other than that, it's ESPN's job to report the story. If we're going to be mad at anyone it's whoever leaked it in the first place.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like pretty much nothing was said aside from thanking the MLBPA and some cliches about adversity.

Buster was denied his Hollywood ending of Braun on one knee offering the MVP to the baseball gods/writers in return for their forgiveness and for his own peace of mind.

Haudricourt tweeted:

Braun: "I've always believed that a person's character is revealed through the way they deal with those moments of adversity."

So, I guess Braun thinks he's handling it right. . .

If I'm Doug Melvin I'm none too happy that this has been dragged out as long as it has.

Any ideas of when the announcement will come on a decision? Why wouldn't they have an answer today? Maybe the hearing called for further investigation? My guess if hes' going to be suspended they had answer by the time the hearing was over. If they are reluctant to suspend him, then I could see a delay to debate and confirm Braun's testimony.

They have like 25 days before they are required to make a ruling, but usually it is known within a week or so. They had the hearing, then it's my understanding that both sides can also submit a written presentation making their case, both of which would I assume be read over. Each of the board members then can take as much time as they would like to make the ruling.

They may have already decided but are required to wait for the written part before they can do any sort of "vote" on it. We should know sometime this week I would imagine, they can announce the verdict now, and then submit their official paperwork on it by the deadline.

Dan Patrick is reporting on his radio show that there is -- according to what he has heard -- a "strong chance" Braun will be exonerated.
I heard this as well, and this is the first report I've heard where I've thought "Wow... there's a chance!" I've been listening to Dan Patrick daily for more than 2 years... and he's not one to start a rumor or controvercy. It's not like him to report something like this without having good sources. He was actually really critical of how ESPN has handled the whole Braun situation.

. I'm trying my best to not get my hopes up, but that would be good news for sure. Wow.
My thoughts exactly. If he gets exonerated it moved from a bad to very good off-season in my book. I like the moves we made for the most part and Braun being here all season would be great. Hard not to get my hopes up since I have been holding out hope this whole time. I am sure we will have to wait a while to find out for sure

I'd be floored, too, and not because of anything ESPN has said. I've barely given SportsCenter or OTL the time of day since the day after this story came out. Haudricourt has, IMO, done an award-worthy job of reporting on this story and making sure his stories weren't clouded by stupid BS.

I don't watch much MLB Network during the offseason, so I honestly can't tell you how they've done with this, assuming they've done anything at all. But anyone who still takes ESPN seriously after the way they handled this story is only asking to be fooled or misled down the line.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

also reporting 2 other teammates had "spiked" testosterone levels at the time of Braun's test

Oh, the little things that get missed when you report something without any factual evidence just so you can "scoop" the competition. Great job ESPN.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

it coming out in december was probably the best for the brewers, it allowed them to have a backup plan together if there is a suspension. this is another black eye for espn no matter what happens in the appeal i believe. Its not going to change how they do business though, which is sad because they really don't even have any competition as a cable sports television station.

patrickgpe[/b]]also reporting 2 other teammates had "spiked" testosterone levels at the time of Braun's test

So...if this is true...does this mean that two other Brewers tested positive and are also going through an appeal process? I sure hope not!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

patrickgpe[/b]]also reporting 2 other teammates had "spiked" testosterone levels at the time of Braun's test

So...if this is true...does this mean that two other Brewers tested positive and are also going through an appeal process? I sure hope not!

well we don't know if they are even on the team still. The other thing that i thought of right away that if they were anything close to a significant player espn would have reported it in December too, i would think.

It could mean that maybe there was something wrong with the testing process too if suddenly players that had always been clean, all tested the same day, all wind up with tests higher than ever seen before.

Heyman is saying weeks...that would be a surprise, since all indications beforehand were that a verdict would likely be addressed much sooner. The longer it goes the better? Hard to say. Just wish we knew, and now that there is at least one source saying he might be exonerated, this stretch is going to take forever!!!

It could mean that the other Brewers tested positive, and then the B sample came back negative right? Maybe that falls into Braun's defense of an unreliable testing process. Just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

From Jon Heyman on Twitter

@JonHeymanCBS

Ryan braun ruling is expected to take time, perhaps even weeks. #crew

I take this as a good sign, especially in combination with the Dan Patrick report. If the case were cut and dried, I would think it would be a quicker decision. Maybe this means that Braun's attorneys at least gave the arbitrators a lot to think about.

It could mean that the other Brewers tested positive, and then the B sample came back negative right? Maybe that falls into Braun's defense of an unreliable testing process. Just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if it sticks.
I like this type of speculation a lot more than trying to figure out if Braun has some serious disease or an STD

Archived