Brewer Fanatic

Per ESPN: Braun Tests Positive, May Face 50 Game Suspension… (Part 3, Appeal underway)

RyDogg66
Realistically, I think we have all been anticipating Braun being suspended while hoping he wouldn't be. I for one hope that if he is suspended it will be because of some type of accidental reason (i.e. combination of medication or the like) that will not completely damage his chances at reaching the Hall of Fame. I take great pride in having HOF players wearing a Brewers cap, especially a player like Ryan Braun who will likely spend his entire career in Milwaukee.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realistically, I think we have all been anticipating Braun being suspended while hoping he wouldn't be. I for one hope that if he is suspended it will be because of some type of accidental reason (i.e. combination of medication or the like) that will not completely damage his chances at reaching the Hall of Fame. I take great pride in having HOF players wearing a Brewers cap, especially a player like Ryan Braun who will likely spend his entire career in Milwaukee.

Yeah, I agree. We all probably thought he would wind up with the suspension, but I think many of us kinda got some hope with the fact that it was taking so long and all the rumors and comments about it seemed to indicate he might have a real shot to beat it. He still might, but I just feel poorly about it based on information received this morning.

I'm one of the most pessimistic people on this board, yet I'm not getting too down on this yet. While I refuse to get my hopes up too much, remember that if he's innocent/not guilty/exonerated, MLB will say nothing. The news would come from the Braun camp, who should be heading to Maryvale. Geez, I'm sounding like an optimist :ohwell

I have 2 windows on my computer open, one is to brewerfan.net and to jsonline brewers twitter page.

I have had my radio at work on WTMJ for the last 2 weeks. However, I know not everyone is able to tolerate listening to Sykes and/or Wagner every day.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I just want to know what the heck happened; the actual outcome of the appeal is almost secondary to me. Yeah him being suspending for 50 games will suck but if he is suspended for some random dumb reason regarding a weird test and not because they guy was doing PED's in his MVP season will make me feel a lot better about the guy going forward.

This is pretty much exactly where I'm at. At this point I've made my peace with Braun being out 50 games, but I desperately want to hear a reason that isn't PEDs and waiting for that portion of it is driving me nuts.

Maybe they are coming for the Aoki press confrence for tomorrow.

Is this supposed to be in blue? If Aoki was on the Yankees or Red Sox, I could possibly see this.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

dat hoser very good point but maybe they will break the news he guilty and want to get braun reaction . IS Braun already in Camp?

I highly doubt the MLB will try to get additional "shock value" out of this. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a really bland, monotonous person in a brown suit reading a prepared statement and not taking any questions.

As to what any of this "means," I wouldn't try reading into anything. I know it's hard to wait, but there are equally valid reasons on either side as to whether something "means" something, so until we actually hear a statement, everything is pure speculation.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I guess it's possible Braun is already there and just hasn't "reported" to camp yet. And perhaps his camp notified MLB Network or whomever to be there today. I guess if he was innocent, that is entirely possible that he would make the announcment. It just doesn't feel like it though.

You're right Monty, it's all speculation and it's just so frustrating to wait. I know many of us (myself included) take the Brewers way too seriously and something like this just has so much riding on it and we just want it to be over and hopefully with the result we all want.

Why would MLB make an announcement in Maryvale? Now certainly Braun would if he were the one breaking the news.

My impression wasn't really that MLB was going to make an announcement there, but that the reporters were instructed to go there by someone. And if MLB announces the suspension, they will all be there to get player reaction and whatnot.

In my opinion, I don't think this means anything. How do we know the MLB Network has any information on what's going to be announced? They could have just received information that the decision was going to be announced today, and they just want reporters in camp to get reaction. If Braun is suspended, MLB will make the announcement and The MLB Network will be there to report. If Braun is not suspended, even if Braun does not make an announcement, the result will leak and The MLB Network will be there to report.

You're right Monty, it's all speculation and it's just so frustrating to wait. I know many of us (myself included) take the Brewers way too seriously and something like this just has so much riding on it and we just want it to be over and hopefully with the result we all want.

I'm right there with you, and it can be kind of fun reading what other people's feelings are on the matter, but I don't want anyone to get too high or low based on someone else's speculation. No one will know anything until the arbitor makes the decision and we are informed what it is. If and until I hear otherwise, I'll hold out hope that he'll be cleared.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived