Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season: Busted by A-Rod/his people?

rwa12
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just deplorable. ESPN & Buster Olney apparently flat-out making up statements. Tom Haudricourt treating this comically absurd defamation lawsuit like it's a serious story. Will there be any form of retractions or repercussions for any of their irresponsible reporting? Clearly not.

Good lord, the baseball media is horrendous.

I dont think what Tom H. did was wrong, he pretty much reported on it and ended by pretty much saying "come on, really?", but Buster Onleycaresaboutaheadline can turn in his credentials at the nearest garbage can on his way home tonight

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I find it interesting to read that people still expect accuracy and integrity in journalism. Since the advent of social media, journalism is in real time. There is no fact checking, it's purely sensational, and being the first to get the story. Outside the Lines is fairly well researched, I trust what that show says for the most part. Other than that, news in general is basically TMZ, they just pretend not to be. CNN, ESPN, any media source is basically a sieve for rumors and scuttlebutt. Journalism is dying, people don't want it. By the time something is researched and presented, it's already dated and irrelevant.

As far as retractions and such, they are relaying rumors, that's all. Nothing to retract.

I really don't think they are slandering Braun by relaying what they hear. Most has been pretty true. The guy did some ugly stuff, lied about it, and made accusations. It's not a stretch to believe anything they say about him at this point, and I don't believe anything he says.

Public figures in general now are subject to intense scrutiny. Heroes of the past would have never withstood the media attention these guys get. The days of infallible heroes are over. When every aspect of your life is easy to research and examine, flaws will always be found. Reporters get more attention for bringing athletes down than raising them up. Mantle would never have survived, guys like Tebow; who despite being a lousy QB is a really decent human being, is mocked for his lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure you owe me a diet pop now. That was hilarious!

[Mod note: Locking this thread...and quite a ride it was. With Ryan Braun coming out with two written statements yesterday, we're locking this thread and moving all relevant posts to a new topic for discussion.]

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived