Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season: Busted by A-Rod/his people?

rwa12

Heard on ESPN radio that it was apparently ARod's "inner circle" who released the Biogenesis documents linking Braun. They did it to deflect from ARod. This bothers me. I'm not a fan of what Ryan did, but having another player turn you in so that the focus isn't all on him, isn't kosher.

-------------

Previous topic: Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season: Aaron Rodgers' Reaction

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, that is insane if its true. what a piece of trash

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If that is true ARod needs to make sure he wears extra "armor" at the plate for the rest of the season as a "Code Red" may be in order here...

Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I’m entitled to them.

Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Jessep: You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said ‘thank you’ and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Jessep: I did the job that —

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Jessep: You’re ******* right I did!

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

it makes complete sense why Braun has not spoken out yet.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Arod may have given the information to yahoo but we don't know for certain that Arod or yahoo gave that information to MLB. For all we know MLB might have uncovered a whole bunch of additional info during their own investigation.

Its even worse that Arod actually ratted out a team mate in the Yankees organization. I know Cervelli is a AAAA type player but what the heck do they yanks do with Arod when he ratted out a team mate?

Braun still very likely did what he is accused of so it doesn't bother me too much that Arod did this to him. I would be curious how Arod even got the info in the first place though unless he saw this coming and did some underhanded business to get the info. Who the heck knows; Arod certianly isn't going to admit to anything

Braun was probably going to have more than enough evidence against him regardless of the Yahoo report that didn’t have his name redacted, but still if A-Rod did that, what a chump. Turning in your fellow players because you have the most and biggest evidence against you is pretty shady.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Heard on ESPN radio that it was apparently ARod's "inner circle" who released the Biogenesis documents linking Braun. They did it to deflect from ARod. This bothers me. I'm not a fan of what Ryan did, but having another player turn you in so that the focus isn't all on him, isn't kosher.

Yet Ryan is "the cockroach"? This is going to stick in my craw until someone in the national media calls A-Rod a cockroach too.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Braun isn't a cockroach, but he is a cheater and a liar, and it doesn't matter what A-Rod or anyone else did that might be considered worse.

Braun is still responsible for his own actions. Just like all of us are.

Be careful of setting yourself up for further future letdown, those of you who think Braun started using in 2011 to get over lingering injuries. Please either take a moment to research or accept on its face the connections in this case that date back to Braun's days at the University of Miami. Braun has been a PED user his entire career as a Milwaukee Brewer. I state that as fact. You can choose to take it as a likelihood.

Whew...glad that's settled. I was waiting for someone with the facts to enlighten us all.

Today's developments surely won't be enough to convince some of you how far back Braun's PED usage dates. And they shouldn't necessarily be enough for that matter, since this easily could be an attempt by a disgruntled associate to further damage Braun's reputation. Again, while I am quite comfortable stating and accepting it as fact, I don't expect anyone else to. I'm simply one of many people whispering the realities of the Braun situation so that it won't be a huge surprise as details continue to emerge going forward.

Put it this way, this lawsuit is more smoke. And when there's smoke...

Be careful of setting yourself up for further future letdown, those of you who think Braun started using in 2011 to get over lingering injuries. Please either take a moment to research or accept on its face the connections in this case that date back to Braun's days at the University of Miami. Braun has been a PED user his entire career as a Milwaukee Brewer. I state that as fact. You can choose to take it as a likelihood.

Whew...glad that's settled. I was waiting for someone with the facts to enlighten us all.

Today's developments surely won't be enough to convince some of you how far back Braun's PED usage dates. And they shouldn't necessarily be enough for that matter, since this easily could be an attempt by a disgruntled associate to further damage Braun's reputation. Again, while I am quite comfortable stating and accepting it as fact, I don't expect anyone else to. I'm simply one of many people whispering the realities of the Braun situation so that it won't be a huge surprise as details continue to emerge going forward.

Put it this way, this lawsuit is more smoke. And when there's smoke...

To state something as fact you must be able to back it up with tangible evidence. Where's yours? Do you have any primary resources that demonstratively prove that Braun has juiced throughout his career? If you don't, what you are stating is your opinion. Your opinion may turn out to be correct, but at this point and time without anything other than your belief, it is most certainly not fact.

Today in sports media strategy.

Former MLB star offhandedly suggests that he was told Pujols and Verlander took PEDs: horrible liar who deserves to get fired from his job.

Random guy trying to get a paycheck based on some outlandish defamation claim with no real supporting evidence: print the exact contents of his complaint as if they are 100% true and verified.

Former MLB star offhandedly suggests that he was told Pujols and Verlander took PEDs: horrible liar who deserves to get fired from his job.

Random guy trying to get a paycheck based on some outlandish defamation claim with no real supporting evidence: print the exact contents of his complaint as if they are 100% true and verified.

Not even close to the same thing.

You have Jack Clark who knows nothing about Pujols and Verlander besides what someone told him. Oh, and that someone has denied he ever said such a thing as well.

Then you have a supposed long time friend of Brauns making accusations. Not some "random guy" as you are trying to say.

Now, I dont know if Brauns friend is lying or not, but to insinuate these situations are anything alike is just ignorant.

Not even close to the same thing.

You have Jack Clark who knows nothing about Pujols and Verlander besides what someone told him. Oh, and that someone has denied he ever said such a thing as well.

Then you have a supposed long time friend of Brauns making accusations. Not some "random guy" as you are trying to say.

Now, I dont know if Brauns friend is lying or not, but to insinuate these situations are anything alike is just ignorant.

Oh yeah, Braun's good "friend." I think maybe believing unquestioningly the allegations and characterizations put forward in a complaint that will most likely be dismissed by a guy asking for $$$, as opposed to statements made by a fellow MLB player with little incentive to lie, is a touch more ignorant, but hey to each their own.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Braun just has to fess up to everything he's ever done.

Unless he's got a felony tucked away, what can it hurt him? The guy's rep is shot to hell. Hiding something that can later come out will only do more harm. He's just gotta say what he did, when he did, and why.

I mean, if he said he took PEDs in 2011, would it really be that much different than if he said if he took them while in college as well? Or in 2009 as well? I don't think so.

And besides, people are pissed at Braun more for his lying after the 2011 season than the whole PED business. They're pissed that he lied to his teammates. His fellow baseball players. The writers. The fans. That, more than taking PEDs, is what people are pissed at Braun about.

So he just should fess up, answer all the questions, take the hits, make his apologies. He needs to sit in front of reporters for as long as it takes, answer all their questions, not dodge anything, not be evasive. He needs to walk up to every reporter, every player that he fed BS to, and apologize.

Coming completely clean is the only way he can ever regain some semblance of trust with his teammates and fellow players and fans. If he avoids questions, everyone will just think he's lying. If he won't answer questions, same thing. Vague answers, same thing. And if he omits something, and it later comes out, it will only reinforce the perception he can't be trusted.

Frankly, I hope he just spills it all. Even if he says he's been a PED user since he's 16. If someone says, "I know Ryan Braun did PEDs in college", Braun can just shrug and say, "I already fessed up to that."

For the rest of his life, people are going to call into question his accomplishments. By trying to hide the extent of the PED use, it's not going to change that perception. So just get it all out and move on.

What's the over/under on people here who still say we don't have enough evidence to say Braun used after he makes his statement?

I don't think this is the type of situation that is forgotten with good performances on the field.

Archived