Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season: Aaron Rodgers' Reaction

Invader3K

If you want to know if there was evidence, do a little homework on the matter. Read an article or two. MLB had his doping schedule and his college teammate who turned on him and detailed his use all the way back to U of M.

And if you don't want to take the time to read up on the matter, then try some common sense. Braun has MLB's case presented to him when he refuses to answer their questions. Soon after he seeks them out to pursue a deal. What does that tell you?

I gotta say I'm taken back by the continued speculation and doubts with regard to Braun's transgressions. It's all out there if you're willing to hear it. Maybe that's what it is. People just don't want to believe its true, so they avoid hearing the facts. Heck, Braun essentially admitted to it in his one public statement. If he was merely admitting to a white lie or two on insignificant details, he would have made that clear. Instead he broadly stated that he's not perfect and made mistakes. Trust me, you're not ambiguous about small mistakes when you're suspected of big ones.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to know if there was evidence, do a little homework on the matter. Read an article or two. MLB had his doping schedule and his college teammate who turned on him and detailed his use all the way back to U of M.

what articles are you talking about, because I didnt read anything about detailed use all the way back to U of M...

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Articles (aka speculation) do not equal evidence. At this point I would have thought that was obvious to anyone following this story.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is it completely crazy of me to think that MLB trying so hard to get a lifetime ban on A-Rod is just Selig and the good ol' boys club trying to help the Yankees get out from under that terrible contract? I'm not defending A-Rod here........this just reeks of more "make up the rules as we go" nonsense. Latest word is that if A-Rod appeals, he won't be able to play during the appeal process. What kind of garbage is that???

Latest word is that if A-Rod appeals, he won't be able to play during the appeal process. What kind of garbage is that???

When they were talking about this on MLB Tonight they said it was because he would be suspended under the "integrity of the game" clause or something like that and you cannot appeal that kind of suspension.

Is it completely crazy of me to think that MLB trying so hard to get a lifetime ban on A-Rod is just Selig and the good ol' boys club trying to help the Yankees get out from under that terrible contract? I'm not defending A-Rod here........this just reeks of more "make up the rules as we go" nonsense. Latest word is that if A-Rod appeals, he won't be able to play during the appeal process. What kind of garbage is that???

Those were my initial thoughts as well as the Yankees keep trying to manufacture reasons to get from under that contract and baseball seems hellbent on helping their big marquee team any way they can. I also tire of the sanctimonious nature of commentators and fans regarding Braun and ARod while ignoring that Andy Pettite is on the team and they have had plenty of history with PED's from Giambi and others along with rumors they don't like to mention about Cano. I can't remember which blogger/Twitter judge, maybe Quinn, posted something along the lines of how could ARod get along with his teammates knowing he took PED's. I though maybe room him with Pettite on the road?

What I do not like is a non PED Braun is likely a .300 .500 .800 guy. So the Crew has been screwed by a liar to the tune of $120 mill. That is not good. Honestly, I would think the contract could be null and voided in any court of law.

Latest word is that if A-Rod appeals, he won't be able to play during the appeal process. What kind of garbage is that???

When they were talking about this on MLB Tonight they said it was because he would be suspended under the "integrity of the game" clause or something like that and you cannot appeal that kind of suspension.

yes they can, they can appeal only to the commish, and not to a panel of arbitrators.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm quite tired of MLB using "leaks" as a tool to build public fervor in favor of these suspensions. Am I missing something or is all of this supposed to be confidential? This would be like facing termination at work and constantly having "a source close to the situation" telling everyone in the lunch room. Maybe I'm biased because of Braun but I think MLBs public handling of this is downright shameful.

Even if Chris Carpenter had a hot urine (which I'm sure he never would because how would he explain that to his son...), I'd be disappointed if the info was leaked before he was allowed his full "private" appeal process. This whole thing has just soured me on MLB as a whole. Why is nobody holding MLB accountable for taking care of their own house?

Even if Chris Carpenter had a hot urine

Ooohh...that sounds painful. You mean like a burning sensation? I think that would be related to something other than PEDs.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It still stinks of "we're going to do what we want to do", and despite the fact that A-Rod might be one of my five least favorite players ever, I think it's complete crap.

Those were my initial thoughts as well as the Yankees keep trying to manufacture reasons to get from under that contract and baseball seems hellbent on helping their big marquee team any way they can. I also tire of the sanctimonious nature of commentators and fans regarding Braun and ARod while ignoring that Andy Pettite is on the team and they have had plenty of history with PED's from Giambi and others along with rumors they don't like to mention about Cano. I can't remember which blogger/Twitter judge, maybe Quinn, posted something along the lines of how could ARod get along with his teammates knowing he took PED's. I though maybe room him with Pettite on the road?

Quicker answer: No. I don't think it's completely crazy to wonder about these issues. Especially the "baseball seems hellbent on helping their big marquee team any way they can" part.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Yankees stand to save something like $100 million off the A-Rod contract. So yeah, it shouldn't shock anybody if there's a strong push to ban A-Rod for a long time from somebody with $100,000,000 to gain. I don't think that even counts as a conspiracy theory.

What I do not like is a non PED Braun is likely a .300 .500 .800 guy. So the Crew has been screwed by a liar to the tune of $120 mill. That is not good. Honestly, I would think the contract could be null and voided in any court of law.

.300 OBP? I think that's an exaggeration. For all we know, a non-PED using Braun could easily still be a .350-.375 OBP guy. Heck, for all we know, his 2012 season line is what a non-using Braun can do.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

.300 OBP? I think that's an exaggeration. For all we know, a non-PED using Braun could easily still be a .350-.375 OBP guy. Heck, for all we know, his 2012 season line is what a non-using Braun can do.

Braun still has an incredible amount of talent. PEDs are not the steroids they were in the 90s. I think they are mostly used for recovery/prevention of injuries nowadays. Sure there might be a little bit of strength or whatever added but I think most stuff is used to stay on the field. And perhaps that's why Braun spent his first time on the DL this year. So we may still get the same averages of the old Braun but possibly for less games.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I think we will no longer see the homeruns. The ball jumped off his bat. When I first witnessed it I thought it was an amazing, god given gift, though I did have my thoughts that it might not be. Being that it is so out of the norm for a player to be able to do that, I am more convinced it was PED aided. I don't think we will see near the power he's shown from here on out. And with that lost power I'm sure he will be pitched differently. I just don't think we will ever see a season like 2012 out of him again. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I would still bet on him being an .850-.900 OPS player for the foreseeable future. I believe he will be worth his contract for atleast a couple more years possibly 4-5 more. Those last couple years are anyones guess.

I just don't think Braun is just going to turn into some joe schmo left fielder. He obviously will have motivation to prove that he is still a good player and I truly believe he will remain an elite talent. Maybe he is on the DL more often and maybe he slides to an .875 OPS; who the heck knows. I would definitely put money on him staying above an 800 OPS.

Braun was clean in 2012, supposedly passing over 30 tests. So I would imagine he could have a huge year.

This is what I don't get. If Braun has been on something since he was in college, shouldn't he have failed a test before 2011? If he did only use in 2011, then it really didn't make that big a difference and he should still be an elite player.

Braun was clean in 2012, supposedly passing over 30 tests. So I would imagine he could have a huge year.

This is what I don't get. If Braun has been on something since he was in college, shouldn't he have failed a test before 2011? If he did only use in 2011, then it really didn't make that big a difference and he should still be an elite player.

The flaw with this line of thinking is the belief that you can't pass a drug test if you are on PEDs.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The flaw with this line of thinking is the belief that you can't pass a drug test if you are on PEDs.

Ding Ding Ding

Assuming for the sake of argument that the soon-to-be-suspended players are actually guilty, I think part of the reason MLB, Buster Olney, etc. are going so over the top is to distract people from the fact that the only thing these suspensions demonstrate is that MLB's testing policy is a joke and that probably half of MLB is taking something. Braun passed however many tests after his 2011 suspension when he had the biggest target in the world on him? A-Rod passed years of tests despite being arguably the most high-profile player in the game (and known former steroid-user)? The only players who got caught were the ones (allegedly) dumb enough to buy directly from some fly-by-night dealer in Miami, who got exposed not by testing but by some crazy ex-employee? It's a joke. The tests must be a farce and by extension there must be scores of players using just like there are in every other major sport. Shrieking about the "purity of the game" helps distract from the logical conclusion these suspensions suggest, which is that there is no such thing.

100% correct, SRB. MLB's testing is a complete joke and facade. If 10 players are suspended as result of this investigation it will be as many players as have been suspended for failed tests in the last 4 years. That is easy math.

Archived