Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season

trwi7
I am extremely disappointed Braun was not smart enough to get away with this. I assume he has been still using something last year and this year to stay somewhat healthy and on the field.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, this kind of put a bummer on my day. It's almost like there was an accident in my family--just kind of leaves a stunned hole in your heart. I don't worship players at all, but I do "worship" my team. And when a big stunner "news event" happens with my team, it hits me kinda hard.

Thoughts as I sat out in the sun, reading Baseball Weekly and listening to the Baseball Network . . .

1) So, was his 2012 season, arguably better than his 2011 MVP season, tainted as well? Or is that what we should, more or less, expect from him in the future.

2) (somebody else mentioned something similar . . .) Wouldn't it be great if Braun played in 2014 for "free" or at a reduced salary, with the money going to charity or something? At least spin a positive out of it?

3) The ambiguity of Braun's statement really doesn't specify anything about Braun's transgressions. It could have been from 2011. It could have been the Biogenesis stuff. It could be from something completely unrelated. We won't know, for sure, until Braun specifically addresses it. And that might not happen until he retires and does a tell-all book or something (for all we know.)

4) Spring Training 2014 should at least be interesting and have plenty more media coverage than normal. For once. So what if it's for the reason it is. Just seems like the Brewers get so little spring training coverage (short of the MLB 30 Clubs in 30 Days thing).

5) (Others have mentioned this as well . . . ) At least he came clean and admitted he made a mistake. Probably every human being, at one time or another, has been guilty of something and lied about it (for an extended time, too) only to finally be proven guilty, resulting in an admission of guilt. It could be as simple as a 7-year old breaking a lamp and claiming "It wasn't me!" to as elaborate as some double-murder bank-heist. Initially, we are all, probably, a little shocked and disappointed in Ryan. But we've all been in his shoes, in our own ways. We will now see how much of a man he really is by how he faces this adversity and deals with it.

Go Brewers!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Really surprised at the amount of angst about the fact that he 'lied to the fans'.

Does he come across looking like a bit of a tool after his big presser in spring 2012? Well.........yeah. Lesson not learned after Rafael Palmeiro's fall from grace, apparently.

People calling him a 'piece of crap human being' and such..........proof once again that while we love our hero's, what we REALLY love is to see them knocked off their pedestals.

LOL okay man.

People hate being lied to. Over and over and over again. People hate being made fools of. And for what Braun did, lying over and over, throwing people under the bus, imo he is a piece of crap.

Here's the thing. Dude popped a negative, and then got off on a technicality. What was he SUPPOSED to say?

"Yeah, I got off, but here's the thing. I was ACTUALLY taking?"

I know we want our sports hero's to be White Knights, but that's not how it works. Dude got off on a technicality, which is fine. I'm not all that harsh about steroids. I do several (monitored) cycles a year, due to a medical condition. NBD. I suspect Brauny did one, maybe two cycles to get over an injury late in the year or whatever. He got popped, and he lied because he got away with it.

There's NOBODY here, and I mean NOBODY who is so perfect that they have never lied to a spouse, or a brother, or a parent, or someone at work, or SOMEONE, maybe not to hurt them, but to just shield them from information that might paint the teller of the lie in a negative light.

It doesn't make that person a "HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING" or a "PIECE OF CRAP HUMAN BEING".......

It just means they made a mistake.

I think when people throw out the terms HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING, a reality check is in order. Casey Anthony is a horrible human being. So far as I know, Ryan Braun hasn't murdered any babies.

The voice of reason.

I'm not sure what the people here wanted to happen from day one of this nonsense. Did everyone just want him to come clean as soon as his name came up in the case? Seriously?

He did make mistakes,, and lying may have been one of them, but I'm not so sure what can be expected of a guy with his career on the line.

I just hope he can come back next year, put this all behind him, and be the player he was for the Milwaukee Brewers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I agree with Bruce. If you don't idolize and worship pro athletes as super heroes this really doesn't come as a shock or provide some great outrage as a crime against humanity. I actually almost feel empathy for those that exhibit such delusion. These guys are just providing entertainment. Pro sports is just entertainment with little to no meaningful consequence to any of your real lives. Regardless of wins and losses ALL OF YOU still have to get up the next morning and go to work.

I still love Ryan Braun. Sure I'm going to miss him the rest of the year. But get the time served and move on. He made a mistake, he screwed up. Nobody's perfect. We all fall short of the glory.

Wish I had said it this way. ^

BRAVO!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If they moved him I would not have any issue with that either.

I kind of feel this way too. Prior to all this, I was excited to have the first Brewer who I could realistically see play his entire career in Milwaukee. While I still think having him on the team is far more preferable than not, it certainly moves him into the tradeable for the right price category versus the untouchable category I had in him before.

Pretty crazy stuff here. Some people have some crow to eat (not in a bad way). This is why I warned, and am always nervous believing an athlete's word because I like him or the team. Some people made pretty bold statements saying ESPN and MLB were garbage for spreading lies (this is from conversations with people, friends, and on the boards). Lets put it behind us and hope he doesn't drop off too much. I don't think he will much, hgh is not like roids. I'm just worried about injuries. Braun look pretty bad right now.

I think he goes in the category of pay your penalty, say all the right things and we will accept you back as a player long as you help us. Right or wrong he is one of ours for the foreseeable future. He did give us a team friendly discount twice. We as a team and fans accepted. Did he do it because he knew eventually he would get caught or because he wanted to get us a championship? I don't know. Lets just see how he plays clean and move on from there.

As far as trading him I don't think it is even a remote possibility. He has a no trade clause IIRC and nobody is going to give up enough to make trading him realistic.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I don't really idolize any player; if Braun comes back next year and plays like he always has I don't really care. But if he comes back and just sucks it is going to be a long 7 years for everyone and Braun will be Favre times a million. Performance and winning will cure all; but if he isn't the same player it is going to be rough

Pretty crazy stuff here. Some people have some crow to eat (not in a bad way). This is why I warned, and am always nervous believing an athlete's word because I like him or the team. Some people made pretty bold statements saying ESPN and MLB were garbage for spreading lies (this is from conversations with people, friends, and on the boards). Lets put it behind us and hope he doesn't drop off too much. I don't think he will much, hgh is not like roids. I'm just worried about injuries. Braun look pretty bad right now.

ESPN spread leaks and uninformed information that other news agencies didn't feel was verified enough to publish. They were in the wrong and that hasn't changed.

I don't think we need to go out and trade him right away. Previous to this I would say he was an untouchable as Jeter is in NY. Now, a few years down the line I wouldn't be as upset if he were dealt.

I agree with Bruce. If you don't idolize and worship pro athletes as super heroes this really doesn't come as a shock or provide some great outrage as a crime against humanity. I actually almost feel empathy for those that exhibit such delusion. These guys are just providing entertainment. Pro sports is just entertainment with little to no meaningful consequence to any of your real lives. Regardless of wins and losses ALL OF YOU still have to get up the next morning and go to work.

I still love Ryan Braun. Sure I'm going to miss him the rest of the year. But get the time served and move on. He made a mistake, he screwed up. Nobody's perfect. We all fall short of the glory.

The reason people idolize sports heroes, is so many of us played those games as kids and could only dream of being that good, so to watch talent like that especially after you invest so much time and money into teams like the brewers it still hurts. It'd be like if you were a musician growing up and you idolized jimmy hendrix or the beatles, or if you were a young business man and you idolized steve jobs and bill gates. People do it all over the place, just in different instances. They do what many of us wish we could and for that we idolize them.

People lie all the time; Braun's lie just happens to be a vey public lie. I can't find myself getting too worked up over it. Braun is just the first domino to drop of many in the near future. He is just one of 20-100 guys that have always denied in the past but in reality were doing it.

Archived