Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season

trwi7
Very disappointed that he played this game with people. Doesn't change my opinion of the system at all, but it does change my opinion of Ryan Braun. At this point I'm just hoping the leaks continue (at least with respect to Braun but NOT with respect to people still under investigation) so that we can see what's really going on.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed but I'm not in "outraged" camp. I just hope he learns a lesson from this.

So does this mean he is on strike one or two? I'm sure the details will come out later but I wonder if he is a screw-up from being out of the game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if this has to do with the bereavement leave he just took? Anyway, best case scenario for the Brewers and my fantasy keeper league. I almost feel like the Brewers should trade him but it would be the ultimate "sell low". I'll be very curious to see how he's treated on opening day next year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Like someone else said, Molitor was doing enough coke for everyone on here twice over, but he is still beloved to this day.

Paul Molitor using cocaine did not make him a better player than those who chose not to break the law (or the rules of baseball) by using cocaine.

How did it not help him? Thats like saying greenies didnt help players in the 70's,80's. Cocaine probably helped him get over long nights of partying.

Like someone else said, Molitor was doing enough coke for everyone on here twice over, but he is still beloved to this day.

Paul Molitor using cocaine did not make him a better player than those who chose not to break the law (or the rules of baseball) by using cocaine.

Have you used cocaine? Have you ever played 162 games of baseball in a single season? It seems to be uppers could significantly help you.

Now this team has an elite Star, got to the playoffs twice w him as the centerpiece and now I have to listen to opposing fans dismiss this team and him as cheaters!???

That is the saddest part isn't it? It would have been nice to enjoy the few good times without finding out it was tainted. He essentially took back everything he ever gave us.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Boo to this, I'm upset it comes out as true. I really believed the guy was falsely accused and hunted down by MLB. The "Truth" hurts. I can't look at Braun now anywhere the same way I used to as a fan. All accomplishments mean nothing anymore, it was fake. Production fueled by PEDs.

I don't want him to remain on this team through 2020 anymore. The sooner a team takes him the better.

Im not even that upset that he took PED's.

My issue is the lying to everybody that dared question him. That to me shows his true colors of not just a baseball player but a person. He lied to his most hardcore fans and supporters that actually thought he was telling everyone the truth.

Sad.

whelp, egg on face. oh well!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

That is the saddest part isn't it? It would have been nice to enjoy the few good times without finding out it was tainted. He essentially took back everything he ever gave us.

If it helps, it's only really tainted if you believe that no players on either the teams the Brewers beat out for the playoff berth or the Arizona Diamondbacks were using as well.

Are there any Braun quotes directly admitting anything, or only as far as "mistakes" and "willing to accept consequences" and "I apologize". Those are all roundabout confessions, but not a very satisfying conclusion.

Seems like more of a "I still think I'm innocecent, as far as I knew I was clean, but I made mistakes in getting involved with shady people/enhancements and MLB made it clear I wasn't getting away, so I'm willing to accept the consequences in the best interests of the team and I apoligize to all for being mixed up in this".

I guess I don't mind being naive for a little while longer. I just don't see him lying with a straight face while knowing he got busted taking disallowed PEDs. Maybe there is "more to the story" as he once said. But probably not ... ugh.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Was the collector's reputation really "ruined"? Reason I ask is that I haven't heard boo about him since Braun's speech last year.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Does anyone know whether or not the Brewers have the option to void the remainder of his contract? I realize the Yankees considered something similar with A-Rod & wound up not doing it... but I'm curious about Braun's contract (if anyone knows, or knows of precedent).
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As Brewer fans the big question now is what kind of hitter will he be going forward? Was he a user all along and a great hitter because of it or can he be the same type of hitter going forward?

I guess we are going to find out.....

Have you used cocaine? Have you ever played 162 games of baseball in a single season? It seems to be uppers could significantly help you.

Not really. IT doesn't give you more energy all the time without a price. I think if you ask anyone who used coke the crash is twice as low as the high is. It may help you on Tuesday but Wednesday sucks twice as bad. They really are two different things. If they weren't it would be hard to explain why coke wasn't as rampant as steroids were. That isn't to excuse Molitor. I have said this before but he wasn't as high (no pun intended) on my list as many other players. A major part of that was his drug use and what I always felt was a me first personality.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

My guess on this is the he used something to help him recover from injuries faster during the 2011 playoffs, and he obviously got caught from that. I highly doubt he's used since that positive test, so that's what this is all stemming from. He likely got whatever he was taking from Bosch. Then he realized he could get off on a technicality, so he did. He denied it because he thought there was no chance of him ever getting caught, but then this biogenesis stuff came about and he finally got burned. I just wish he had come clean when he failed the test, and explained why he failed it and that it was a one time mistake. He would've gotten the 50 game suspension, and people would've gotten past it a lot faster than they will this.

The main problem I have with this is him lying to us all about it, and throwing so many people under the bus in the process. Cheating has been prevalent in baseball, and mistake happen. I can get past that and forgive him for that. The part I have a problem with is being lied to. Lots of people supported him wholeheartedly, and were all let down. It's really disappointing, and that's the part that I'll have a harder time getting over. He lied to all of us hardcore fans who supported him up and down, and that is what hurts most.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

TH says they cannot void the contract.....

Does anyone know whether or not the Brewers have the option to void the remainder of his contract? I realize the Yankees considered something similar with A-Rod & wound up not doing it... but I'm curious about Braun's contract (if anyone knows, or knows of precedent).

per Haudricourt, no.

The histrionics of the anti-drug people have made me care far less about this than I previously did (to be clear, I'm talking mlb.com and other unmoderated backwaters). I have trouble sitting on the same side of the fence as "Hes NOthing but dirty cheater and FRUAD!! He shouyld be ban for life and give back the MVP because hes worthless SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud Seleg just gave him a wink because hes Brewers what happned to ban for life like he should be?".

Dude's exposed as just another roiding human and not a significant evolutionary leap forward. Oh well, he's still my favorite player and now we'll hopefully sell before the deadline like we should.

Can the Brewers void his deal? To me it's clearer now why Braun wanted these contract extensions. The I love Milwaukee line is total BS, he did those deals to protect his actions. think about how much money he would have cost himself had he not pocketed the $105 million extension. He would be lucky to get $10 million a year as a known cheat.

If Braun has any integrity left in his body he should approach the Brewers about re-negotiating his $100 million dollar extension down. He has put the future of this franchise in a terrible situation based on his cheating. I'm sorry doesn't work anymore, pay ALOT of the money back Ryan.

I'm sick

Go Brew

Maybe it's a generational thing (I'm 47), maybe it's just being brought up differently, I don't know. However, I'll never understand this mindset of "They should just allow PEDs in sports..who cares?". What about just continuing to work hard and seeing where your abilities take you and taking some pride from that? I'm tired of this attitude that if you are not "gaming the system" you must be a sucker.

For those of you who just want them to legalize PEDs in sports, do you mean unlimited use of any steroid or HGH or anything? Is that really what you want to see? You would find that entertaining to watch? Seems like a bad action film or turbo charged video game to me and I would have absolutely no interest in watching it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived