Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season

trwi7
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he avoids saying he 'made a mistake' or crap like that. Fess up and be a man. Just say what you did. You cheated. You lied about it. I hope he says those things instead of trying to diminish things. I hope he adds he wants to come back, be positive, be willing to do whatever it takes to prove he is clean, be willing to do whatever he can to make up for his mistakes. We'll see.

Too late.

Well guess I need a new hero, I was really rooting for him, first player I ever rooted for all the way up from the minors and he just happened to become a superstar. I just can't get myself to idolize a cheater.

Hate to say it, but then you probably shouldn't watch any professional sports.

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

RYAN BRAUN SUSPENDED

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

That's all the news today folks. Carry on.

Not a surprise...ended just like Lance Armstrong....he lied and got caught.....His fake outrage this spring while throwing the collector under the bus now truely reveal his character......

He didn't throw the collector under the bus unless you read one out of context sentence. He attacked the process. And for all we know, especially given the strange circumstances surrounding the failed test, its possible it was a false positive.

I for one believe that HGH should be legal in MLB. Hell I can go buy the stuff right now at the mall. You might as well let them all do it, and in fact I would be in favor of it. Now before someone comes with, "why not get rid of Laws, since people break them anyways", save it, this is a stupid sport, not real life. I am just glad that its going to be over after this season and hope that he is back to his MVP ways next year and beyond.

If you are in someway angered or "hurt" by this decision, get over your self. Are you mad at movie stars when they go to rehab, because that is on the same level of this and in the way it impacts your life.

I find the 65 game suspension to be odd considering all of the "evidence" MLB supposedly had. Remember, they had the goods for a minimum of 100 games if not enough for a lifetime ban. It is going to be interesting to see what happens to the others, especially ARod.

It was basically a plea bargain. Accept 65 games. Avoid something worse. Drop any appeal.

Part of a genuine apology includes acknowledging what the person did that was wrong.

We are not getting that right now, which makes the PR response ring hollow.

Either way, glad it's finally over.

Without knowing the circumstances, is taking a PED that's past the arbitrary line MLB draws wrong?

I for one believe that HGH should be legal in MLB. Hell I can go buy the stuff right now at the mall. You might as well let them all do it, and in fact I would be in favor of it. Now before someone comes with, "why not get rid of Laws, since people break them anyways", save it, this is a stupid sport, not real life. I am just glad that its going to be over after this season and hope that he is back to his MVP ways next year and beyond.

If you are in someway angered or "hurt" by this decision, get over your self. Are you mad at movie stars when they go to rehab, because that is on the same level of this and in the way it impacts your life.

Press conferences, throwing the collector under the bus, looking into the cameras and denying any and all guilt. Pathetic.

I won't criticize anyone for being outraged and for changing their opinion of Braun, but I just can't relate. To me it suggests that you're surprised when a player takes PEDs. My guess is that use in pro sports is rampant. My reaction within seconds was relief at how well this works out for the Brewers given the inevitability of a punishment and how much worse it could have been.

I don't idolize pro athletes. I watch them for entertainment. Today's announcement does nothing to further damage the Brewers on-field chances in 2013. It does however clear the path for 2014.

Although controversial to some, I agree with this. A lot of this stuff taken in the right way is very beneficial to a normal person's health as it is. Is it so terrible to extend people's lives and quality of life? There is all kind of performance enhancement allowed, MLB simply nitpicks on certain chemicals. Why not ban surgery while we are at it? Nobody needs Tommy John surgery to live.

Press conferences, throwing the collector under the bus, looking into the cameras and denying any and all guilt. Pathetic.

I guess I dont know why you quoted me, but to your response, I dont care. Like someone else said, Molitor was doing enough coke for everyone on here twice over, but he is still beloved to this day. These guys are just numbers and names to me, in essence, characters in a video game. What they do or say doesnt affect my life, it only affects my enjoyment of my team winning.

I won't criticize anyone for being outraged and for changing their opinion of Braun, but I just can't relate. To me it suggests that you're surprised when a player takes PEDs. My guess is that use in pro sports is rampant. My reaction within seconds was relief at how well this works out for the Brewers given the inevitability of a punishment and how much worse it could have been.

I don't idolize pro athletes. I watch them for entertainment. Today's announcement does nothing to further damage the Brewers on-field chances in 2013. It does however clear the path for 2014.

This is nearly exactly how I feel. My first thought was how much salary this clears up for draft picks and/or international signings.

Whoever convinced Braun to take the leap and get out there first is a very smart man. Two huge positives...1) it ends when the already lost 2013 ends, and even more importantly 2) the announcement of Braun's suspension will be trumped, what 15-20 more times going forward? Sure his name will still be mentioned but it won't hang out there for years as the last big name guy to be suspended. That time frame will be a mere matter of days before the media moves on to the next guy. Just wait for when the player named is an important piece to the playoff race.

Like someone else said, Molitor was doing enough coke for everyone on here twice over, but he is still beloved to this day.

Paul Molitor using cocaine did not make him a better player than those who chose not to break the law (or the rules of baseball) by using cocaine.

Are you kidding me? Yes I'm angered! I've supported this franchise since 1973 a consumer of their "product". I buy tickets, shirts, watch on TV, travel to watch the team on the road. Most of it has consisted of watching Losers and crappy teams and lousy players. Now this team has an elite Star, got to the playoffs twice w him as the centerpiece and now I have to listen to opposing fans dismiss this team and him as cheaters!???

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

RYAN BRAUN SUSPENDED

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

ROYAL BABY SURPRISE

That's all the news today folks. Carry on.

What's the surprise?

From the beginning of testing I was for baseball going beyond testing and setting up an investigative unit to get cheating out of the game. As this investigation went along I was a little concerned about how they went about it. I guess this clears up my concerns. Thank you MLB for taking it seriously. If only the NFL would take it this seriously. As far as Braun goes he made a serious mistake then compounded it by lying. I hope he learns from this and become who he should have been all along. If that is not a super star but merely a guy I would be much happier with him then than I am today.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Like someone else said, Molitor was doing enough coke for everyone on here twice over, but he is still beloved to this day.

Paul Molitor using cocaine did not make him a better player than those who chose not to break the law (or the rules of baseball) by using cocaine.

Cocaine could definitely help. It is a stimulant. It is moronic to use, it could kill you in one dose, but it could help.

Archived