Brewer Fanatic

Braun Suspended for Remainder of 2013 Season

trwi7

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if he's suspended and appealing, if he already appealed and was denied, whether he bargained down the suspension or what.

Seems like he accepted a plea bargain and isn't appealing - at least that's what I'm taking away from the article.

Well guess I need a new hero, I was really rooting for him, first player I ever rooted for all the way up from the minors and he just happened to become a superstar. I just can't get myself to idolize a cheater.

I wish I could suck at my job as much as the "journalists" at ESPN and not get fired.

What are you talking about, they are probably getting promoted for this, it is their job to create stories and speculation so ESPN is in the news and all the idiots have material to talk about and "analyze" all day. Look at all the different TV and radio shows they have which NEED new topics EVERY single day, or new details/updates about ongoing stories. The American attention span is about 3-5 seconds long, you can't talk about a story on Friday that broke on Monday without "new" rumors.

Good, just get it over with already, and they obviously had him, so I'm glad he's admitting guilt, even if it took all of this to get here...at least we're here.

What a mess, what a shame, and what a disgrace...I'm glad, at least, that this chapter will end.

Braun's going to take a (deserved) beating for this, but if he stays clean, he can win people back, once he's served a suspension.

I find the 65 game suspension to be odd considering all of the "evidence" MLB supposedly had. Remember, they had the goods for a minimum of 100 games if not enough for a lifetime ban. It is going to be interesting to see what happens to the others, especially ARod.

While I fully support MLB's effort to rid the sport of PEDs and I would never be in support of the thought that they should just allow PEDs in the game, my biggest disappointment from all of this is the lies that Braun continued to tell with a straight face. Especially after he was quoted as saying at one point a few years back that players that are caught should just come out and admit their wrong doings.

Of course, I am sure there are those who believe he is still innocent and he was basically forced into admitting his guilt with a "gun to his head".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

There may be a day when I look at him differently, but today I see him as a fraud and a liar.

There are a lot of people who have believed him and stood by him and defended him all along, and he was playing those people for fools.

If they trade him away, that's fine with me. I don't want this joker in my hometown team's uniform.

5 years from now hardly anyone will even care unless he gets caught doing something again. Look at all the previous guys that got caught; Colon was in the All Star game this year. He will take a beating for sure but he basically can avoid the media until next February; perhaps things will die down a bit by then.

If he was going to be suspended it probably couldn't have worked out better for the Brewers

I agree for once I wanted to take a player at his word . He is s disappointment to the brewer fans. I guess my Braun shirt will be hung up and used a towel to clean up messes. What gets me he comes off very cocky and now wants to apology to everyone. Well Ryan you let down not only is older fans who should have know better but the young kids who looked up to you. You will be known as a liar and cheat. Hopefully he be removed from every Brewer record book. He should never be used along with the brewer greats Yount Molitor and Cooper.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Assuming Braun knew he was going to get nailed, he's smart to get out in front of things now. The team sucks, so him missing the rest of 2013 hurts the team less. Also, if he waited until next year and missed an equal number of games, his salary is quite a bit larger. So taking the hit now saves him money.

Finally, and most importantly, I'm going to go on the assumption that a bunch of guys are going to get nailed for the Biogenesis stuff. Braun's smart to be the first to get it done, get it out of the way, and try and put it behind him. Other guys will start getting suspended. Let them make the news.

This will NEVER be forgotten by people. Never. But if he knew he was going to get suspended, he did the best thing. He just acknowledged it and said he was sorry.

A lot of people will probably wish he said something about the previous incident, but legally, it's probably not in his interests to admit anything about it.

The only thing that might help Ryan is to fess up what he did with the Biogenesis stuff. Otherwise, people will continue to speculate. If he said something like, "I was looking for an edge. I've had some injuries. I took some stuff to help. I'm sorry I lied about it. I got caught in a trap and did what ever I could to get out. It was dumb. I know better, but you get in the situation and you do dumb things. I take responsibility for the wrong things I have done."

I hope he avoids saying he 'made a mistake' or crap like that. Fess up and be a man. Just say what you did. You cheated. You lied about it. I hope he says those things instead of trying to diminish things. I hope he adds he wants to come back, be positive, be willing to do whatever it takes to prove he is clean, be willing to do whatever he can to make up for his mistakes. We'll see.

Archived