Brewer Fanatic

Designated Yost Thread... Latest: No accountability and lack of urgency (part 2)

adambr2
But the thing is, naivin, the worst case scenario for any 3 of those options is obviously an out. The best case realistically for Counsell is a double, which would be pretty hard to score Prince in that situation. The best case scenario for either Hall or Cameron is a home run. Also, just because a player is slumping doesn't mean they'll automatically make an out.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the thing is, naivin, the worst case scenario for any 3 of those options is obviously an out. The best case realistically for Counsell is a double, which would be pretty hard to score Prince in that situation. The best case scenario for either Hall or Cameron is a home run.
Which still leaves them behind. That many runs down, you need more than just that HR, so its not really a question of HR vs. double, its more a question of extending the inning where you have men on base/scoring chance, or ending the inning. Would you rather have a run in, with runners at 2nd and 3rd, and Dillon at the plate, or Mitch Stetter coming in to pitch the 9th? Its not like any of them were going to do anything anyway, so the discussion is rather pointless, but Counsell's chances of getting on and extending the inning would seemingly be far better than Hall or Cameron.

So is a sensible decision batting Cameron second? IMO that proves how incompetent he is. Why not even put Gwynn in? 3 guys batting .200 or below. If you can't fire the players, you get rid of the GM and/or coach.

Let's put this in perspective, if a corporation had 3 underachievers, and the boss continually put them in the positions to fail? Who gets removed?

I'm disappointed that Yost wasn't fired last week, but I'm even more disappointed that Yost wasn't fired last season. Looks like Doug Melvin's intention is to live or die with Yost as his manager, Yost is probably his good buddy. Sadly, the Brewers won't make the playoffs with Yost as their skipper. Yost has never ever manage a team to the playoffs, not even in the minors.

It's time this organization remembers that this is a business, not a fraternity. The owner can't fall in love with the GM, the GM can't fall in love with the manager and the manager can't fall in love with his players.

Something has to give. If it's Melvin's fault, then get rid of him and promote Jack. If it's Ned's fault, get someone else in here. If it's the players fault let's make some changes. It's a great story that so many of these guys played together in the minors and it's a great story that they all get along so well. But being in last place isn't such a great story.

This is Ned Freakin' Yost we're talking about here. SIX years!

So is a sensible decision batting Cameron second? IMO that proves how incompetent he is. Why not even put Gwynn in? 3 guys batting .200 or below. If you can't fire the players, you get rid of the GM and/or coach.

Let's put this in perspective, if a corporation had 3 underachievers, and the boss continually put them in the positions to fail? Who gets removed?

I'm all about firing Yost, but batting Cameron second isn't a reason to do it. Cameron was practically signed as a #2 hitter. I wouldn't mind seeing Hart there, but then I don't think we have anyone to bat 5th. I usually have a hard time with the idea of guys coming around eventually, but I would rather take Cameron batting below .200 than Gwynn because I think that over the course of a season Cameron will almost surely be better than Gwynn.

As for your corporate perspective, it depends on how much clout the boss has. Most likely, one or two of the underachievers would go and be replaced with employees that are known to be competent just to see if the boss can handle fewer underachievers. If hitting is contagious, then I guess not hitting is also contagious. Maybe these guys gotta start catching the Braun disease.

But anyway, yeah...I still want him fired, though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=30572

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived