Brewer Fanatic

The Magical Magic Number is… (part 2)

liveforoctober
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry if the backing in stuff bothers you DLK9S but I would rather see my team winning to get into the playoffs not having to depend on the cards Losing. Good Teams win their way in so far all the Division winners have won their way in.
What a complete crock. Have we become the Cardinals ALREADY? Now we have to get style points to make the playoffs valid? Gimme a break! All the division winners have WON their way in only by the nature of the schedule. Had the Tigers been ready to clinch and the chasing team plays and loses first, then does that count as a "back door victory"? Sheesh...

I could care less if we "sneak in" this weekend, win both games 29-0 or come charging down Wisconsin Avenue in a Trojan Horse.

Good teams win their way in? At least ONE good team won't make the playoffs at all. We most likely will. End of story.

I am really hoping that the clinching moment of '08 is somewhat recreated tomorrow night. We pick up the win, and then cut to the big screen to watch the Cards lose to the Cubs. That would be an awesome way to clinch. Plus, I would be there again. Really want that to happen. The least fun would be if we win tomorrow, then the Cards lose on Saturday afternoon. Then there's no cool on-field celebration. I'd take it though I guess. Wanna clinch ASAP.
How about this: Cards lose in a relatively short game. Brewers game goes longer, maybe even extras, and we win and get to have the on-field celebration.
Well, that works too. Just assumed that's pretty unlikely. Could happen though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The Brewers really haven't backed in, it's just that the Cardinals have been pretty hot. I think that their little run is over now.

I'm actually glad that the clinching has been delayed a bit. Better that these guys have to keep playing for something rather than sleepwalk for the final dozen games. Even after they clinch they will still be fighting it out with Arizona.

sorry if the backing in stuff bothers you DLK9S but I would rather see my team winning to get into the playoffs not having to depend on the cards Losing. Good Teams win their way in so far all the Division winners have won their way in.

Yeah, I don't get this whole arguement either. How have we been relying on the Cardinals to lose? They have won 12 of their last 15, and the Magic Number is still 2 with 6 to play. We have 6 games to win 2. I'd put money on them winning more than 2 of those final 6. So, other than the fans enjoyment of the moment, who really cares if they clinch from a Brewers win or a Cardinals loss? They still won their way in. Are the Phillies in any better shape winning 4 of their last 14 and "winning their way in"?

i agree that i want the bbrewers to win their division and clinch however would like to see them winning the first two games . That all is just my opinion on how i like to see the Brewers take the Division. I have waited almost 29 years for this and guess i should not be so picky.

i agree that i want the bbrewers to win their division and clinch however would like to see them winning the first two games . That all is just my opinion on how i like to see the Brewers take the Division. I have waited almost 29 years for this and guess i should not be so picky.
That's a perfectly valid opinion; it's just that you've shared it a lot recently, so I think we already know how you feel about it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Certainly we can all agree that the sooner the Brewers clinch, the better.

Now, back to the numbers!

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/298649052_2b17d5bec9.jpg

Even if it doesn't happen tonight...how awesome would it be if part of the key was a Chris Carpenter loss tonight?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Tonight for the Cards is one of those times when the un-quantifiable reasons that a manager is important comes into play. Losing a game like that at home in this race could be enough for some players to dwell on it the rest of the season. We'll see if that was too much for them to take or if they can forget about it and continue playing as well as they have been lately. Before yesterday's glorious choke job they had won 12 of their previous 14 games.

okay, everybody. I am now convinced that it is SAFE to post in this thread.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/pitchleague/onebaseball.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/pitchleague/tierone.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived