Brewer Fanatic

The Magical Magic Number is… (part 2)

liveforoctober
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would really like to see the Brewers win their 2 games ti get into the Playoffs instead of backing in.
So if the Brewers and Cards win tomorrow, then the Brewers lose and Cards lose Friday, then the Brewers win their final four games, is that "backing in?"

Enough of this "backing in" stuff already.

I am really hoping that the clinching moment of '08 is somewhat recreated tomorrow night. We pick up the win, and then cut to the big screen to watch the Cards lose to the Cubs. That would be an awesome way to clinch. Plus, I would be there again. Really want that to happen. The least fun would be if we win tomorrow, then the Cards lose on Saturday afternoon. Then there's no cool on-field celebration. I'd take it though I guess. Wanna clinch ASAP.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I am really hoping that the clinching moment of '08 is somewhat recreated tomorrow night. We pick up the win, and then cut to the big screen to watch the Cards lose to the Cubs. That would be an awesome way to clinch. Plus, I would be there again. Really want that to happen. The least fun would be if we win tomorrow, then the Cards lose on Saturday afternoon. Then there's no cool on-field celebration. I'd take it though I guess. Wanna clinch ASAP.
How about this: Cards lose in a relatively short game. Brewers game goes longer, maybe even extras, and we win and get to have the on-field celebration.

dlk9s wrote:

How about this: Cards lose in a relatively short game. Brewers game goes longer, maybe even extras, and we win and get to have the on-field celebration.

Agreed. It's kind of lame when you have to wait and watch to celebrate.

I got home from work yesterday, and the first thing I did was check baseball scores. The Mets were losing 6-2 in the 9th. I muttered some NSFW words and navigated elsewhere. I was so upset that I never came back to anything sports related all night.

This morning, I was checking the standings. The Brewers are up by 5. It was early, but it didn't make sense that we were up by 5 when our magic number was 3. The math didn't seem right. Then I checked the Braves site to find how they're handling it. It had an article about the WC lead dropping to 1.5. This gives me pause, because I just saw that it was at 2. How did the Braves gain a half a game when the Cardinals won? I backed up my browser to confirm that it said 2. That was when the stray thought came into my head. Did the Mets make a comeback? I check the Cardinal's last game column...

I take back everything I said about you Cappy and Mets!!!!!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4704/fetisov.jpg

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived