Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 2)

I'm supposed to be camping right now but can't get away from the computer. Stupid Jack Wilson.

This trade will happen or not whether we're at the computer or not. I'm glad I went out to the Farmer's Market this morning and had breakfast with my wife rather than refreshing here all morning like I was tempted to.

Like Doug "Bob" Melvin said, it's in Cleveland's hands now. It just seems that LaPorta's as good as gone and most here have made their peace with that!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Cleveland doesn't pull the trigger by Sunday night, Melvin better stick to his guns and pull this deal off the table. I would love to see Shapiro end up taking less and having to explain that to his boss and the fans of Cleveland.

Like Doug "Bob" Melvin said, it's in Cleveland's hands now. It just seems that LaPorta's as good as gone and most here have made their peace with that!

That's my problem - I've made peace with it in the last 24 hours, but now it probably won't happen...... come on Shapiro - make up your mind already! I want to see CC introduced during tonight's game....kind of like when Sheets got back from the Olympics......

Maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought. If they're talking Broxton for Wilson (and maybe parts one way or the other), we should be right in there with Hardy for Broxton (and parts one way or the other)!!

Its not Broxton being talked about being traded for Wilson. It is Broxton being traded for Sabathia.

Then who are they offering for Wilson??

I donno if they have offered anything yet, but the pirates are asking for basically the same deal the Dodgers are offering for CC.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

If Cleveland doesn't pull the trigger by Sunday night, Melvin better stick to his guns and pull this deal off the table. I would love to see Shapiro end up taking less and having to explain that to his boss and the fans of Cleveland.

I concur. Whatever happened to the Vicente Padilla rumors? Granted, that doesn't have the same ring as "CC"!!

I'm now to the point where if it happens, great. If it doesn't, great. We either get a top tier pitcher or we keep some of our very good future stars.

I think that is what is nice about where we are sitting as a team. We should not be desperate, since I think we are better than any of the other WC teams, but if the right deal is there we can go after to make a run at the Division. If we dont get the guy we want we have a ton of prospects and we can work on trades in the off-season.

I really havent been following this thread or the CC thing too closely. Is this going to be a trade deadline thing or something that could happen pretty soon?

It appears this is a short-term offer. We want to get as many starts from him as possible.

I just visited Indians247. They seem to be a little dilusional on who they can get or misinformed on who is involved. They are still tossing around LaPorta, Escobar, and Jeffress for Sabathia. Someone even mentioned Mark Rodgers.

I go out of town away from the computer and all contact with the outside world and come back to this? Wow! If it's LaPorta, Green and Cain, that's not awful. Cain is blocked by a whole lot of guys and you have to give some to get some. My biggest frustration is in listening to the 4 letter radio network from the East Coast, they're assuming that Sheets is gone. And the Brewers have no way of resigning him. I'm really hoping this deal gets done.

I really havent been following this thread or the CC thing too closely. Is this going to be a trade deadline thing or something that could happen pretty soon?

Any moment.

I actually don't think it's gonna happen today. I think maybe sunday or monday, closer to our deadline.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived