Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 2)

Our offer is 1,000 times better and it isn"t even close........ The dodgers farm sysyem is like he yankees... nothing but hype....... if Cleveland balks at our offer, offer the same package to kansas city for zach greinke

I agree on both points. Infact, i might like Greinke a little more than Sabathia, simply because we would control him for several years.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having problems refreshing this thread, or loading any other ones. We're gonna crash yuku if this trade doesn't happen soon.

Just another reason for Cleveland to make up their mind!

Although if the trade happens yuku will probably crash over the influx of people who will rush to the boards.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I know that this is going to get locked after about 30 thirty seconds but figured I'd post it and get my two cents rather than have it get lost in the 50 page Sabathia thread. This makes sense on so many levels. The Brewers get Sabathia for a top-level prospect and second-tier prospect and the Indians get a slight upgrade at shortstop who is ready to contribute right away as well as a big-time prospect who is almost ready and a good prospect who is probably 2 years away still. Plus, this opens up short for Alcides Escobar next year or at the latest two years from now and you can move Peralta to third or second or trade him or let his contract run out.

Rosenthal just said that Broxton could be the tipping point? or was that Kennedy? And I can't believe Rosenthal just said that JACK WILSON of all people is holding up a decision on Sabathia.

Jack Wilson is always a thorn in the Brewers side it seems. If the Dodgers would trade Broxton as well that'd add some punch to the Dodgers offer.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yes, absolutely, it's been stated several times, JACK WILSON is holding LA up.

Think about this, LA's top prospect at shortstop fell on his face, so they're all over the place looking for a SS. They decide to focus on Jack Wilson, and Pittsburgh is asking for some of the same guys they're offering for Sabathia.

1. What does that tell you about the offer for Sabathia? If it's even close to an offer for Wilson...it's not enough.

2. If the SS prospect failed this badly, forcing a run at Jack Wilson, why on earth would Cleveland entertain that player as an option, in exchange for the best trading chip on the market?

Something just doesn't add up.

If the Dodgers would trade Broxton as well that'd add some punch to the Dodgers offer.
I agree. However, adding Broxton would be counter productive IMO. You gain a starter, but lose a valuable piece of the bullpen. It'd be creating a hole in another spot.
Follow me on Twitter

When you look at these two offers its not even remotely close. The Dodgers are offering a bunch of garbage outside of Laroche who has lost a lot of value over the last year or so. When I say the Brewers are basically bidding against themselves at this point it is in reference to the fact that the Dodgers cannot be taken seriously whatsoever if that is the offer that they have given cleveland. LaPorta is a top flight prospect while the Dodgers are offering practically nothing. If I were Melvin I would take LaPorta out of the offer and substitute someone like Salome in his place. No team in baseball is trading stud prospects like LaPorta anymore. Seriously when was the last time a team traded a top end prospect for 2 months of anyone? Most teams have wised up and trades like this just dont get made anymore.

Maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought. If they're talking Broxton for Wilson (and maybe parts one way or the other), we should be right in there with Hardy for Broxton (and parts one way or the other)!!

Its not Broxton being talked about being traded for Wilson. It is Broxton being traded for Sabathia.

When has Rosenthal been right about a trade? He had us giving up Escobar with LaPorta yesterday according to numerous sources. Maybe he is right on this it just seems like another source being wrong. According to a guy on the Indians board the Cleveland tv is saying the Brewers have not offered Cain in the deal and it is just LaPorta and Green

Maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought. If they're talking Broxton for Wilson (and maybe parts one way or the other), we should be right in there with Hardy for Broxton (and parts one way or the other)!!

Its not Broxton being talked about being traded for Wilson. It is Broxton being traded for Sabathia.

Then who are they offering for Wilson??

fondybrewfan wrote:

Green and Cain and to a certain extent LaPorta are also incredibly blocked from getting to Big Leagues, we certainly can't assume Fielder will get traded. At some point you only need a certain number of prospects and right now we have an over abundance of corner outfield types. We already have stalwarts in Hart and Braun in the OF so we just don't have room in the next 2-3 years for all of these guys. So why not take a chance, do the CC trade, get the picks and start a whole new crop for when we start to lose the guys in Milwaukee? This seems like a perfect opportunity to take a gamble to me because the Brewers can certainly afford it prospect wise

Cain is most certainly blocked that much is true. In no way are Green and LaPorta blocked. Green can play 3B or 2B, LaPorta LF or 1B. Cameron is temporary solution in CF, Hart could play there, Braun RF, LaPorta LF. If Gamel doesn't stick at 3B then Green fits there perfectly, or as I envisioned he could be the 2B of the future.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

LaRoche strikes me as a player who will probably end up like Andy Marte. A top prospect that people don't want to give up on but never lives up to the hype. Delwynn Young isn't anything more than a nugget in a trade, Nelson Cruz'esc. The SS I really don't know enough about to say anything. The turning point very well could be Jonathan Broxton. Cleveland has been looking for a sure thing closer for years now and hasn't found one yet.

Would the Dodgers offer for CC be Broxton, Lui, Young, and Lambo? Is that better than LaPorta Green? Then LaRoche plus more for Jack Wilson?

Archived