Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 2)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Willie Randolph can be fired at 3 a.m., I think anything can happen at anytime in baseball. I'm getting close to calling it a night though, and, much like Christmas Eve, I hope to awake to some really nice presents (CC) and not too many pairs of socks (losing more than LaPorta plus a lower level prospect or two).

I never really was that into following trades in the past....can they be announced at all hours of the night? A certain amount of time after games are over? Just wondering if there's any reason to keep checking tonight or if I should just call it a day.

At this late point, I don't think any trade will be official, but the teams could hammer out the meat of an agreement and it could be leaked still.

The commissioner's office has to approve any deal if a certain amount of cash is involved, but that doesn't sound like it's going to be an issue here.

Sabathia is scheduled to pitch Tuesday, we have 48 hours to realistically get him up here, take the physical etc..... I hope Cleveland doesn't drag this out, if they do DM could pull the plug publicly and make Shapiro look like an idiot if push comes to shove and especially if Shapiro ends up taking a lesser deal. LaPorta, Green & Cain what is Stupiro waiting for. It's Christmas come in July take the deal MS!!!!

Knowing Doug, CC will be in a Brewer uniform by tommorow http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
That's what I was thinking. Maybe we'll trade for him so he can make a Kevin Mench-esque entrance tomorrow night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I'm not exactly sure how happy I'd be with this move considering the long term ramifications and potential for us to be without Sheets and Sabathia next year, but we'll see what happens.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

LaPorta and Green, plus more? Isn't that totally crazy for a rental? Ugh...

For a rental and 2 #1's? Yes, probably..

For a world series? No..

As long as it is Laporta and not one of our other top 5 prospects I think you have to say no winners and judge in November..

Dhonks, makes a good point. The money should be there for us to possibly sign both Ben and CC next offseason, but why even stop there. I would say let's let the season play out as is, and this offseason do the following:

Trade Fielder for Cain from the Giants.

Sign Sheets 5 years at 19 Mil per.

Sign CC 5 years at 21 Mil per.

Rotation:

Ben Sheets

C.C. Sabathia

Yo Gallardo

Matt Cain

Manny Parra

Lineup:

1B - LaPorta

2nd - Weeks

SS - Hardy

3rd - Branyan/RH Platoon partner

Lf - Braun

Cf - Hart

Rf - Gamel

C - Kendell

Bullpen:

Torres

Shouse

McClung

Villenueva

Stetter

Riske

The offense should be pretty average, but the pitching staff would be unmatched in all of baseball (with every single pitcher having the ability of having a sub-4 ERA. Our lineup would be super cheap allowing us the wiggle room to have the above pitching staff. The key would be to continue to develop talent on the offensive side (something we should have plenty of, looking at our current minor league system). Suppan and cash could be shipped off for the right side of the 3B platoon. Hall also could be moved for a moderate upgrade either in the bullpen or a backup MIF.

Archived