Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 3)

Well if this does go through I would like to think with 12 picks combined in the 1st 2 rounds of last draft and next years draft we could restock our minor league system. We also need to lock Hart up long term.

It is tough to see LaPorta go based on his talent and the fact that from all reports he is a real good guy...but IMO it will not hurt our future as much as one might think based on the fact we already stacked at the position he plays.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure that you can't trade a player if he's on the DL, but can you trade an injured player who's not on the DL? I'm just thinking outloud after some of the posts a couple pages back speculating that Brantley could be included in the deal.
Since he isn't on the DL, it would basically be the equivalent of trading someone who missed a few days for personal reasons or something, wouldn't it? Unless there is some rule I don't know of, which is certainly a possibility.

I guess I was wondering if there was a rule about it or not. It makes sense that you can't trade a player on the DL, so it seems to me that there might be hurdles to jump if you wanted to trade an injured player not on the DL, if you could even do it at all.

This thread has been viewed over 86,000 times already! Over/Under on reaching 100,000 before an announcement is made? 430 uSers now logged in. Mark A is a genius! If we get CC, national attention will push local enthusiasm for the brewers into overdrive.

CC to the Brewers = Reggie to the Packers

Over.....assuming BF.net doesn't crash this evening before the announcement! I want him on the mound for the Crew tomorrow evening!!

you want to talk about how pathetic I am. I'm sitting at my girlfriends place ready to go to summerfest, and I have a $50 food/drink voucher and free tickets, but yet I don't want to go until I hear something.

Buster Olney on SportsCenter:

Indians and Brewers moving closer to deal. In trade talks, they're at the "10 yard line". Dodgers have nothing. Rays aren't serious. Phillies are lurking in shadows.

And they just interrupted with Breaking News, Jonny Damon put on DL. Unbelievable. Ironic as well, considering yesterday I made a sarcastic comment saying how I was surprised the CC story is above the Damon injury on ESPN.

Its nice to hear that the Brewers would get 5 of the top 35 picks next year if Sheets and Sabathia are gone (assuming they get CC).

Its kind of a win-win situation. Well, more of a win-don't lose too bad situation.

The new TH post definitely makes this seem plausible. Cain is on his way to Huntsville so he's out, Green is probably in, who is the third prospect seems to be the last remaining thing to be hammered out. I'm guessing as someone said earlier Cleveland was probably given a list of guys to choose from and they're in the process of doing that.

I wasn't a big fan of this deal at first, but looking at how weak the NL appears to be this year and how we fumbled away a golden opportunity last year it is nice to see us attempting to be a major player this time.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

it's just a matter of time now. Obviously we all new Escobar wasn't a part of the deal, but it's a pleasure getting this confirmed by TH. I am truely drooling right now thinking of having Sheets/Sabathia/Parra with Soup and McClung being the 4 and 5.....are you kidding me...

George Webbs has to be freaking out right now.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

TH says Laporta and Green and another prospect. Lets hope it isnt Brantly. It isnt Cain because he was told to report to Huntsville to replace LaPorta.

I'm thinking the Indians wouldn't want Brantley too badly with Sizemore locked up for a while. Hopefully, at least.

Archived