Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 3)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This deal is defintely happening; its a complete and utter lock. The Brewers are offering LaPorta who is miles better than any other player mentioned from other teams. If we are also giving Green and others this deal is a cinch for Cleveland to take and cannot and will not be topped by anyone else. Sabathia will be a Brewer in a matter of hours no ifs and or buts about it.

Something is definitely up with LaPorta being out of the lineup. When you see that Errecart and Brantley are hurt there's no way that he's kept out of the lineup unless something was happening and soon.

Relax. Players have been sat down before because negotiations were ongoing and there is the risk that the deal would collapse if an injury were to occur. The only thing that can be said for sure is that talks are at the very least still on the front burner.

I want to be the first to wish Matt LaPorta all the best in Cleveland and to say that he will be sorely missed as part of the 2009 and beyond Milwaukee Brewers. I am sad to see this trade going down but we offered way more than any other team. Good luck Matt and heres hoping you help Cleveland for years to come.

I want to be the first to wish Matt LaPorta all the best in Cleveland and to say that he will be sorely missed as part of the 2009 and beyond Milwaukee Brewers. I am sad to see this trade going down but we offered way more than any other team. Good luck Matt and heres hoping you help Cleveland for years to come.

So what's the trade if you are saying your goodbyes?

I will weep no tears for LaPorta, regardless of how he performs for Cleveland and regardless of how the Brewers season turns out. This team has a great opportunity ahead of it and I'm glad the management isn't gnashing its teeth about an amorphous future. We've been waiting for this future for a long time.

I'm not working tonight, can't get the scoop. Unusual things happen like plane flights, car rentals, etc when trades and roster movements happen. If it happens tomorrow, I can scoop it, but today, alas!

I'm pretty sure that you can't trade a player if he's on the DL, but can you trade an injured player who's not on the DL? I'm just thinking outloud after some of the posts a couple pages back speculating that Brantley could be included in the deal.

I'm pretty sure that you can't trade a player if he's on the DL, but can you trade an injured player who's not on the DL? I'm just thinking outloud after some of the posts a couple pages back speculating that Brantley could be included in the deal.

Since he isn't on the DL, it would basically be the equivalent of trading someone who missed a few days for personal reasons or something, wouldn't it? Unless there is some rule I don't know of, which is certainly a possibility.

Archived