Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 3)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
splitter, they declined Jenkins' option, but what didn't bring picks was when they didn't offer arbitration.

Dhonks, I believe you can't offer arby to a player who's option has been declined.

Sorry to go off topic, but I thought Jenkins just missed out on being a class "b" free agent so we wouldn't have gotten picks anyway.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

TH says he unsure about the blog...

I just saw that mlb.com blogger from Cleveland also. He says a "major league source" says a deal might be done, then in the next sentence says "the rumor couldn't be confirmed."

Don't know how much weight to put on a report like that.

He posted that at 3:56p

random side note: sabathia is listed as the starter for the indian's next game on indians.com

i know it wont switch until an announcement is made, but it will be interesting to see if/when it changes.

Of course, it's possible that TH doesn't want to be scooped. That said, I agree that an uncomfirmed blog report (he couldn't even name the other two prospects), even from the Indians beat writer, isn't what we need to hear.

I see the Brewers getting Sabathia. But I want him to start tomorrow so that Parra and Sheets can go on Tues and Wed. If Sabathia goes Tues, does that mean that Parra gets pushed back, or that both Sheets and Parra get pushed back? Having both pushed back wouldn't kill since it'd be letting Sheets go with an extra day of rest.

I see the Brewers getting Sabathia. But I want him to start tomorrow so that Parra and Sheets can go on Tues and Wed. If Sabathia goes Tues, does that mean that Parra gets pushed back, or that both Sheets and Parra get pushed back? Having both pushed back wouldn't kill since it'd be letting Sheets go with an extra day of rest.

or it would be a way to skip manny and reduce his innings http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That said, I agree that an uncomfirmed blog report (he couldn't even name the other two prospects), even from the Indians beat writer, isn't what we need to hear.

They might have a list of three or four prospects and they have the option of selecting two.

Lame Cleveland wanting all my prized LH bats, I step out and work on the yard for a few hours come back and see Brantley mentioned... Trading away Brantley and Green would leave Gamel as the only potential starting caliber LH Bat. I know Nelson is LH, and he may yet get a chance, but I'm not counting on it. I liked Cleveland quite a bit up until Friday, now they are really starting to get on nerves, I realize that they have a responsibility to the organization to get the best deal they can for Sabathia, but he's still just a rental and LaPorta is a top prospect MLB wide, not just in the Brewers system.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It seems that Shapiro tried to shop the Brewers offer and realized that Melvin wasn't bluffing, so now they are hammering out the details. We pretty much know three things, CC is coming and LaPorta is leaving and two others in the touchable pool are going as well. I wonder if Melvin is still pushing for a reliever to come over, or if he will be happy with a bullpen strengthened by Bush or McClung joining it.

Archived