Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 3)

well the Cleveland game is going to get over well before the Brewer game, so I would imagine something will be said either around 4 when they are done or 9pm which seems the time the Brewer game will be done. The rate that this game is going he could be traded and in town by the end of the game.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are really going to quibble if they want Brantley instead of Cain?? At least they aren't asking for Escobar etc.

brewcrew, I wouldn't call the difference between Brantley and Cain "quibbling." There's a reason why Doug's included him in the big 5 that he won't trade 2 of.

bklynbrewcrew, with all respect, you're posting the same thing over and over. It's well-established that you don't like the trade and think it's too much and Doug is mortgaging the future if he does it.

Brantley was among the list of players that Melvin said that he wouldn't be trading more than one. Like most people I am nervous of what Brantley's value is/will be but he is one of the few Brewers prospects that is willing/able to take a walk. Even though I am nervous I don't want to see him go, especially tag teamed to another one of the big four.

I hope the rumor from a few post's back is true, that the Indians are trying to hold out for Green or Brantley. I would love to see the trade come down and it be for LaPorta, Cain, and Axford or some similar combination. (LaPorta, Gillespie, and Axford)

Maybe they'd listen to a LaPorta/Brantley/(Cain?). Anyway to get Green out of the deal.

I've liked Brantley's approach since draft day, but I'd rather keep Green. His slowly developing power and the question of whether he can play CF make Green (and his defense) more valuable, IMO.

And Bill and Brian are really hammering this "gee-whiz-big news day for the Brewers" shtick hard.

Personally I'm to the point where I look at Lucroy, Fryer, Lawrie, and Kendall (could be here a few more years), and say that we should offer LaPorta and Salome. I'd love to hold onto Green, since he has 2b/3b ability. I'm in love with Brantley for CF/leadoff. Frankly, part of this decision needs to come down to Hardy--will he re-sign?

If Hardy will sign a 4-5 year deal, you can afford to do a deal of LaPorta, Salome, and Escobar, but you'd BETTER get something back in addition to Sabathia, and they should probably take Mota from us, too

I switched over the the Cleveland Indians telecast for a few minutes and I can say for sure that Sabathia is still in the Cleveland Indians dugout as of the 7th inning. I did happen to switch right when the Indians announcers starting talking about the Sabathia trade rumors. They believe that Sabathia will be traded before his next scheduled start. Sounded pretty sure about that. They also talked about the speculation out there that we've all heard about where he might end up. That the Brewers were the front runners and so on. However, it sounded like they were going by the media reports as oppose to any insider type of information as to where he might end up. Ended by saying that until they hear anything from Shapiro, Sabathia is still with the team.

Also in that linked blog, it sounds like the Jays are offering A.J. Burnett for Esco or Hardy....interesting. If you really wanted to go for it, get CC, and Burnett to go with Bush, Sheets and Soup. Make Manny your long man, and that should put you into the postseason.

Right now going from Parra to Burnett is a downgrade in our rotation and if we wouldn't put Escobar in a deal for Sabathia, we're certainly not putting him in a deal for Burnett. Hardy is too valuable to the team right now to trade for Burnett.

I want no part in Burnett -- if he pitches well, he opts out of his contract and becomes a free agent as well. If he pitches poorly, he stays under his current deal and you have to pay him $12 million a year for the next year or two. I'd rather throw TGJ at the Padres for Maddux and get similar production.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Burnett is not even an option in my opinion. If he does well he opts out and if he struggles or worse gets injured which is entirely possible with his history we are stuck paying big money to an injured pitcher. The downside to Burnett is just too high to even consider.

Yeah, all the same, I want the official word

Fair enough.

To be fair, I asked about the blog's reliability on the IndiansInk forums. Learned that's who Castrovince was. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived