Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 2)

GoudaBrew
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time to cut the chord with Yost and Sveum and start over.

I think this is the key. I can't take much more of Yost, but Sveum is driving me nuts, too. The hitting has been curious this year as well, so maybe Skaalen needs a boot. Seems like they're overthinking every single at-bat.

I didn't see the whole game...did Yost argue any of those missed calls? And by argue, I mean actually argue? He's been wussing out pretty badly this year so far. The one thing that I liked about him when I actually liked him was the fact that he defended his players on the field. Apparently he's more worried about defending them to the media now.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Two 4 run leads blown in this series.

It's early but it feels like another year with more promises and hopes and yet more underacheiving talent.

It's going to be time to move in another direction if that's what it turns out to be, Gallardo or no Gallardo.

Oh, I need to see if the domain name www.firephilcuzzi.com is available.

This just reminds me of MVP '05, arguably the best baseball video game ever, where you could send the manager out to argue a call and determine how passionately they will argue that call.

If it was actually a bad call, sending the manager out to argue would give the team a boost of momentum. I don't think the creators of that game were just going on a whim.

Come on, Ned! I wanna see some cursing and spitting! Give your team a little kick in the rear for once this year!

~Nottso

Time to cut the chord with Yost and Sveum and start over.

I think this is the key. I can't take much more of Yost, but Sveum is driving me nuts, too. The hitting has been curious this year as well, so maybe Skaalen needs a boot. Seems like they're overthinking every single at-bat.

I didn't see the whole game...did Yost argue any of those missed calls? And by argue, I mean actually argue? He's been wussing out pretty badly this year so far. The one thing that I liked about him when I actually liked him was the fact that he defended his players on the field. Apparently he's more worried about defending them to the media now.

Honestly does it even matter? Tell me one time when they change a strike call because the manager comes out?

Honestly does it even matter? Tell me one time when they change a strike call because the manager comes out?

It's not about this call. It's about the next one. When Gagne started getting squeezed, Yost could have thrown himself on his sword to try to get the next call.

That was insane today. Gagne threw well enough to get the job done, and he got insanely squeezed and outright jobbed on that call at first base.

We were getting the bounces in the first half of last season. Maybe this is a good sign for the summer.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This team is absolutely done. Complete group of underachievers. Next time we won't overrate these guys on paper. Terrible in-game decision making by both coaches and players. No reliable closer, and no lead is safe against any team. Add in the horrible pre-season oversights, and an unexpected injury, and these guys have folded. This team is equivalent to the Florida Marlins right now, but with less promise. When they are 10 games out by end of June, its official. This is where the batters start to bear down a little too hard at the plate, the strikeout numbers inflate, and they march themselves right out of reasonable contention. The bubble has burst.

10 million dollars for a bum closer,Yost has to better look else where for a new closer

Maybe DM should have done a better job in the first place? Then Ned wouldn't have to look elsewhere on the team for a closer.

Bruce Ciske covered a large part of it. Somehow or another these umps have to be held accountable.

Also, as I said in the post, it can (hopefully) give the team a kick in the butt. These aren't grizzled 40 year old vets. Most of the important players on this team are in their early 20s, so I'm sick of hearing that they've been through so much and they're mature and all that crap. They're kids, and they need direction the same way a 23 year old kid needs direction. I'm only 26, and I'm fully aware that I still need direction in my job, so if my boss just lets me go and says "oh, he's been through a lot and he's mature, so I don't need to do anything," I would probably fail. I realize that's not the best analogy, but hopefully the point is there.

And yes, sometimes that direction comes from standing up to someone that's cheating your employee, someone like the umpire that makes a shoddy call. Standing up for his players to the media, the way he has been, just sounds fake. No one calls out their player to the media, so it's no big surprise when Yost continues to say his players will come around. But the passion and fire of standing up to the umpire on a crap call shows the team that he's genuinely got their back. Just my opinion, I guess.

~Nottso

There isnt another place to look for a closer. Our crap starting pitching so far has put us in a spot where getting 6 innings out of a starter seems like a gift so we cant move Torres. Riske has been ineffective and Mota has fallen on his face in previous attempts to close. He also carries a huge WHIP

Gagne was getting squeezed and he did get jobbed on that call at first base. With that said, Gagne's biggest mistake IMO was pitching Bourn like the little slap hitter was instead Jim Thome. Gagne kept trying to get Bourn to chase a changeup and it lead to a walk.

We had a two run lead at the time and Tejada/Berkman close to being due up next, throw Bourn some fastballs and make the guy with a .333 SLG percentage hit his way on instead of trying to paint the corner with a changeup. It drives me nuts late in close games when pitchers nibble around the plate with pretty much a slap hitter batting, thus a walk comes from it. If a guy that's mostly a singles hitter rips a ball hard, so be it, but don't friggin walk him while trying to hold on to a lead and the 3-4 hitters right behind him.

Archived