Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 2)

GoudaBrew

Getting a jump on everyone else here I see. Let me be the first (today) to say it:

I HATE JEFF SUPPAN

We got our 4-5 respectable starts out of him. He's done, that's it. Maybe 3-4 more quality starts out of him the rest of the year.

THIS GUY STINKS

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, this is hard. I've supported Turnbow for a long time, but seriously, dude has things to work on. And I realize that's quite an understatement. DFA him. If he clears waivers, he can hopefully work things out and come back in September. If he gets picked up, that's about $3 million we don't have to pay for. Joe D's bat has a much better chance of helping us win games right now (not that Turnbow would have made a difference tonight anyways).

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

The Derrick Turnbow situation reminds me a lot of the Chad Moeller situation. Everyone in the fan base knows he stinks, but the front office can't figure it out.

Derrick makes more money and they should swallow it. Junk! Moeller was harmless in context.

They've really done it to themselves with the whole Dave Bush situation now. I'm pretty sure he can't come back up to the big club for another 7 days or so. I'm afraid that means they've got to keep Turnbow around taking up space for that length of time? They sure as hell can't put him in a game again. I guess he'll just be a chair-moistener until Bush can get called back up.

The Derrick Turnbow situation reminds me a lot of the Chad Moeller situation. Everyone in the fan base knows he stinks, but the front office can't figure it out.

I remember when Moeller was DFA'd. I was walking to the car from Miller Park, turned on the radio, they were in a commercial, like a minute later Jim comes back on and says Moeller was DFA'd. I subsequently honked the horn in joy.

why didn't we overpay Dave Bush? at least then he'd still be on the 25 man roster. We can't drop Suppan or Turnbow because we payed them too much??? how does that make sense, and to be fair, I was ready to loose Suppan before tonight, and Turnbow... that's a whole other story and everyone of you is familiar with it. But really, Bush gets sent down because we are pack rats and we're afraid of losing someone or some money, seriously, if Turnbow goes to another team and does incredibly well I'll be happy for him and I won't be mad at the Brewers for letting him go, he deserved to get dropped before the season even started.

I'm tired of Rickie Weeks.

His bat currently annoys me. But his defense is horrible. Just once I want him to a make a quality play.

Yost thinks Weeks should be batting about .270. LOL! Apparently Weeks is the only guy in the league that hits into bad luck.

He also can't figure out why Rickie hasn't yet received his Gold Glove award from last year.

Get your head out of your butt, Yost.

I have never been a big Suppan fan, but the notion of dropping him is ridiculous. This year he's had 2 bad starts and 4 really great starts (6 ER over those 4 starts), it's just that the 2 bad ones were pretty bad. He's not an ideal #2 or 3 but he's definitely a solid rotation guy that we need right now.

Maybe Soto really is that good and his crazy BABIP last year wasn't that crazy? Color me very impressed, although it doesn't bode well for the Brewers. He still can't possibly keep this up (neither can Lee IMO) but he is very very good and I would love to have him. Seems like a pretty good defensive catcher as well

Archived