Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 2)

GoudaBrew
Crap -- I used their website 'form email' thingy -- you know, where you fill in your name, email, etc., and then type in the box they provide. It wasn't R-rated language. I just told them it was absolutely embarassing & ignorant that they just posted a pic of another black guy, & called it good (yes, I know it most likely wasn't intentional). Also expressed my frustration that they've had all day (at least) to fix it, and that it's gross that a web reader has to be the one to tell them which player is which. That's not really the way I said it, but for short-hand, it'll do.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure that most fans know about this site and have visited it at least a few times. I actually enjoy WSSP because they don't sugar coat the Brewers like the flagship does. Sure there are some callers who don't know what they are talking about, but the hosts know who has a clue and who doesn't. There are some very good callers as well.. They run down the important plays in the game, explain why certain strategies are smart or flawed, and pretty much cover it all without being total "homers".

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not even sure of the guys names, but the guy with the higher-pitched voice (Josh I think?) is an idiot. I was listening to them while driving back from the game on Tuesday, and he basically ripped apart every caller that didn't like the Gabe Gross trade with absolutely no data to back himself up. Gwynn has defense and speed, which makes him far superior...that was his entire argument. It wasn't even his seeming-hatred for Gross, it was just the way he conducted himself when presenting it. It was like he had a personal vendetta against Gross, and it was the most unprofessional thing I've ever heard. It was seriously the dumbest hour of radio that I've ever listened to. The lead guy wasn't as bad, as he seemed to be mostly trying to settle the other guy down.

You don't have to be a "homer" to conduct yourself something above idiotic.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

...I found this place, and starting reading. I had no idea what OPS was and thought batting average and HR were the only two important stats. When I found the new stuff interesting I gobbled all the information up. I just wish more people would be willing to do so to.
When the Sports director of Channel 12 news refuses to learn about OPS (probably because it makes his one and only skill, remmebering bits of worthless trivia seem even more worthless) you can't get too mad at people who don't have time to get their info from other sources.

(pared back long nested quote --1992)

The only guy I have heard on the radio, TV, or newspaper who seems at least likley to give new stats and ideas, like batting the pitcher 8th, a try is Homer on 100.5 FM.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I flipped on 540's post game for about 5 minutes the other day. In that span, Homer declared his hatred for small ball and a caller used EQA to bolster his point. I think I know where I'll be listening from now on if I want to hear a post game show.

Edit: Of course, that five minutes is a small sample size, so perhaps I shouldn't draw such a strong conclusion from that yet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I flipped on 540's post game for about 5 minutes the other day. In that span, Homer declared his hatred for small ball and a caller used EQA to bolster his point. I think I know where I'll be listening from now on if I want to hear a post game show.

Edit: Of course, that five minutes is a small sample size, so perhaps I shouldn't draw such a strong conclusion from that yet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Homer is on everyday at 3:00.(100.5FM/Madison, 540AM/Milwaukee) Has to be one of my favorite radio hosts. He just happened to be coming on at the end of the gameyesterday. He hated the pitcher 8th and said so, but instead of just writing it off took the time to actually educate himself and changed his opinion. He has read "The Book" and actually tried to defend batting the pitcher 9th earlier in the year while talking with Tom Oats and Jeff Potrykus.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

logan, I assume you mean 'batting the pitcher 8th'?

Anyway, no response from Brewers.com on the Cameron story / Weeks photo, but the picture has been changed on the site. Am I wrong to be a little miffed that they didn't even send me a 'hey, we changed it' email?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Im not that hard on Yost, but playing the IF in there was just dumb, especially with Helms up and Hanley Ramirez on third. It was just really really dumb. Then the ball hit should have been a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning.

Im not that hard on Yost, but playing the IF in there was just dumb, especially with Helms up and Hanley Ramirez on third. It was just really really dumb. Then the ball hit should have been a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning.

Never even should have gotten to the 10th inning. The bases loaded up with Hart at the plate and he looks like a little leaguer and grounds out.

These Brewers piss me off

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived