Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 2)

GoudaBrew
These players are known for their hard work and good attitudes. I don't remember them being touted as guys who ignored fundamentals and ran into tons of mistakes. They all developed at every level along the way. And now they're in the majors and not only has the development stopped, they now don't listen to their coaches and play poor fundamentally. Did they all suddenly forget how to play and become bad team players? This coaching staff is poor at teaching and poor at leading.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've zero confidence in Yost leading the Brewers to the playoffs ever. Yost should've been gone last season, but for some strange reason he's still around to ruin another season. A change in the team manager would be a step in the right direction for the Brewers. I wouldn't mind seeing Kremblas called up to manage the team for the rest of this season. I beseech the Brewers senior management to fire Yost immediately!

Doug Jones, I pretty much lost all respect for you as a poster today. If Ned Yost is going to be fired then he's going to be fired. I cheer my heart out day in and day out. No matter how much I want Yost gone, I never want to see this team lose. Are we going to win 162 games? Of course not. But I think it's pretty sad when fans aren't that upset because maybe Ned Yost will get fired sooner. Thats a terrible attitude to have. We're working with what we have right now. And what we have is Ned Yost like it or not. I'm not going to say your not a true Brewer fan for your recent comments, but to tell you the truth it makes me a bit sick to my stomach that some people feel this way.

I expected the vents to be about a squeeze play with the bases loaded...that is just stupid baseball.
I'm with you. That was awful, and I don't feel that way just because of the result.

The Yost hatred has hit a new low when so called fans admit hoping for Brewers losses. Unbelievable.

It isn't like I'm watching the game cheering for bad stuff to happen to the Brewers. My point is if the season is going to ultimately end up being a failure (and I'm not saying it is going to end up a failure, but if it does end up being one), I'd rather see us fail hard to get rid of Yost than stagger along and play just good enough to keep him.

Yost is a bad in game manager and I personally don't think he is much of a people person but I can't really know just how the players respond to him.

It isn't like I'm watching the game cheering for bad stuff to happen to the Brewers. My point is if the season is going to ultimately end up being a failure (and I'm not saying it is going to end up a failure, but if it does end up being one), I'd rather see us fail hard to get of Yost than stagger along and play just good enough to keep him.
For what it's worth, that's a pretty good synopsis of how I feel. Obviously, my first hope would be to turn things around and make the playoffs. If that isn't in the cards, I really don't care how many games we win. My main focus would be on getting the entire coaching staff replaced, in time for a fresh start with our young core of players.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=30554

Archived