Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 2)

GoudaBrew

I watched the Cardinals post-game show yesterday on FSN-midwest. They were talking about how the Cubs had won AGAIN and then went on to say (in so many words),

"We know it's only April, but it looks like it'll be a two team race in the Central this year between the Cards and the Cubs."

Check the standings redbirds, the Brewers are a half game behind you! Don't be salty because everyone picked you to challenge the Pirates for 5th place this year!

It is nice to be more under-the-radar this year though. Our red hot start last year really became a spectacle.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=339745#p339745

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?t=10651

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope they don"t fall in the same rut Men in scoring Positions and less than 2 out and NO RUNS.

I also hope Ned Had The Idea to Start Counsell over Weeks for a few games and let Rickie ride the Pine and go with the Hot Bat

Since the Brewers are in the midst of a 4-game stretch against lefthanded starters, Counsell won't be starting over anyone until Sunday. Then you can rotate him. Start at short one day for Hardy, second the next for Weeks, so on and so forth.

My vent: Why can't the Rockies team that pummelled the Brewers into submission last year show up once against the Cubs.

New law for 2008- There shall be no more than one hot bat per game.

Braun and Hall each had three hits.

Thirteen baserunners and only 1 run to show is extremely frustrating. They could've, and maybe should've, scored run(s) in the 5th and 7th innings. Hopefully they can take 2 of 3 from Florida, I'd be okay with a 4-3 homestand.

My vent is about idiots that call into the postgame show on WSSP. One idiot just said the Brewers should've been bunting in the 7th inning with 1st and 3rd no outs with Gwynn. Just so stupid it doesn't even deserve time to be vented on but I can't help myself.

My vent is about idiots that call into the postgame show on WSSP. One idiot just said the Brewers should've been bunting in the 7th inning with 1st and 3rd no outs with Gwynn. Just so stupid it doesn't even deserve time to be vented on but I can't help myself.

I don't even listen any more. It's really too bad, as I used to really enjoy the show, but it has turned into nothing more than a whine fest. Too bad really...

Ya, the people that call into the postgame show can be terrible. My vent is related to that.

I'm sick of all the stupid baseball fans. Usually, I don't care, I just ignore them. But it's so bad now and every dang person has an opinion on everything. I'm all for more support for the team, and with them inevitably comes a lot of garbage, but it'd be nice if they didn't spout off after every game with stupid crap. A friend of mine went to the game today, and the first thing he says to me is "the brewers are terrible." The casual fan who steadfastly thinks Tony Gwynn is an offensive force, or Rickie Weeks is terrible because of his batting average get to me. If only there was a way we could notify them all of bf.net and they'd be shown the light.

If only there was a way we could notify them all of bf.net and they'd be shown the light.

Billboards. Lots of 'em. On every highway that leads to Milwaukee.

I'll go start on Hwy 41 right now http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

TerraceReserved[/b]]The casual fan who steadfastly thinks Tony Gwynn is an offensive force, or Rickie Weeks is terrible because of his batting average get to me. If only there was a way we could notify them all of bf.net and they'd be shown the light.

I hate to come off as an elitist, but hopefully they won't find out about this site. A majority of these fans are so set in their ways. So unbelievably stubborn. I know this because all of my friends down here in Milwaukee are one of them. They're good people but I can rarely stand to watch a game with them.

Apparently this type of fan who just started to follow the Brewers,because of the last couple of competitive years in Milwaukee,know everything. It's getting old real quick. They are the same morons who booed Bush hitting for himself last night, when Yost's hands were tied. They just have no clue, and probably never will.

My vent?

Check out the picture on Brewers.com for the article on Cameron making rehab starts in Nashville. Here's the caption -- "Photo: Outfielder Mike Cameron has five games remaining on his 25-game suspension. (AP)"

Yeah... Guys? That's Rickie Weeks. But it's ok, it's not like you're the team's official website or anything...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Maybe we could have some sort of, like, initiation period. They can't post right away, but first have to read a certain amount of relevant posts. Obviously there would have to be a way to test out of the initiation period.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I hate to come off as an elitist, but hopefully they won't find out about this site. A majority of these fans are so set in their ways. So unbelievably stubborn. I know this because all of my friends down here in Milwaukee are one of them. They're good people but I can rarely stand to watch a game with them.

Exactly. I have a bunch of good friends who are like this. If I start explaining why a player like Gwynn isn't good at offense (getting on base, power) they just become ignorant and say batting average and SB.

Honestly, when I came here I was a stupid fan. I liked the Brewers a lot, so I found this place, and starting reading. I had no idea what OPS was and thought batting average and HR were the only two important stats. When I found the new stuff interesting I gobbled all the information up. I just wish more people would be willing to do so to.

I'm pretty sure that most fans know about this site and have visited it at least a few times. I actually enjoy WSSP because they don't sugar coat the Brewers like the flagship does. Sure there are some callers who don't know what they are talking about, but the hosts know who has a clue and who doesn't. There are some very good callers as well.. They run down the important plays in the game, explain why certain strategies are smart or flawed, and pretty much cover it all without being total "homers". Every time we hear from Ned, the explanations are just horrible and doesn't allow any reporters to actually challenge him with questions. Its either "it happens" or "it was an aggressive play". Ned's answers are really hard to swallow, especially when he blows games. The radio guys have to fill in what isn't being said from what little they have to work with, talk to the insiders and beat writers directly, and frankly they do a pretty good job.

Ok, so the Brewers had all day to fix the picture of Rickie Weeks to one that's actually of Mike Cameron. Just sent in a non-friendly email telling them to get their act together. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but it seems pretty absurd that the official website can't even get a player picture correct.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Ok, so the Brewers had all day to fix the picture of Rickie Weeks to one that's actually of Mike Cameron. Just sent in a non-friendly email telling them to get their act together. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but it seems pretty absurd that the official website can't even get a player picture correct.

Could I see this email? If it's not allowed on the board PM's are always welcome. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived