Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walk a .105 hitter and then have him score on a wild pitch. Vintage Brewers. Considering the Nats have several pitching prospects and the Brewers pretty much zip, looks like the Nats will soon be cruising on by the Brewers. Then we can be dead last again. Should have stayed in the AL and demanded that KC stay in the AL Central. Then at least there would be a fight for the cellar every year.

Terrible road trip, punctuated by two possibly three losses to the motherloving Nationals, but we're going to get fed the same applesauce by Melvin and Yost when they come back to town. All is well. Just need to execute. Need to get some good outings from the pitching. Need to be more patient at the plate. Blah-blah-blah. You folks see what PNC Park looked like? Get ready. That's Miller next year.

You folks see what PNC Park looked like? Get ready. That's Miller next year.

That's fine by me, I love that ballpark.

In all seriousness they're now 3-12 in their last 15 road games, pathetic. Hopefully Sheets can pitch well again to split the series (against the worst offensive team in the league...)

We cant even beat the team with the least talented roster in baseball. Seriously look at the nationals team. That is a AAAA team if ever there was one. Yet we have lost two out of three to these clowns. How can Attannasio sit back and let yost keep managing this team.

Bring Back the Stein wrote:

Sweet, I miss being able to walk up and buy tickets for a weekend game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

"We just got Yosted. Again. I'm going to try to stay calm. *steam pours out of ears* "

Buckethead; How exactly did Ned Yost cost us this game?(Iknow this is the vent thread; but really YOSTED; gimme a break.

"We just got Yosted. Again. I'm going to try to stay calm. *steam pours out of ears* "

Buckethead; How exactly did Ned Yost cost us this game?(Iknow this is the vent thread; but really YOSTED; gimme a break.

Three moves I think he is talking about is 1. Parra left in the game in the 5th. 2. Pitching Mota 2 innings on consecutive days 3. Not walking Lopez to load the bases and make a force at every base.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Bring Back the Stein wrote:

Sweet, I miss being able to walk up and buy tickets for a weekend game.

Yeah, real sweet. Crowds where you can carry on a conversation with your buddy across the field without shouting are exactly what this franchise needs right now.

Brewer Fever wrote:

Yeah, real sweet. Crowds where you can carry on a conversation with your buddy across the field without shouting are exactly what this franchise needs right now.

I would never do that. It's just rude.

I blame Wang.

Does Kendall bear any responsibility for Parra not being able to finish off batters? He averages what, 16 pitches per inning and has sometimes electric stuff. Kendall got some serious man crushes going with his hot start. Is his game management part of the problem here?

Edit: He was on the bench today, my error pointed out down below.

We cant even beat the team with the least talented roster in baseball. Seriously look at the nationals team. That is a AAAA team if ever there was one. Yet we have lost two out of three to these clowns. How can Attannasio sit back and let yost keep managing this team.

But they're on the road. It's really tough on the road but these kids just keep battling no matter where they are. Didn't you see them come back today? That's battling and grittyness at its finest.

Brewer Fever wrote:

I would never do that. It's just rude.

Exactly. It's easier to use your cell phone. Then you can be one of those morons who sits behind home plate waving their arms while talking on it. "Look how cool I am, I'm on TV". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Does Kendall bear any responsibility for Parra not being able to finish off batters?

Absolutely!!! Totally agree with the direction of this rant! His inability to help pitching today from the bench was simply inexcusable! I would also fault him for the injuries to Riske, Gagne, Sheets, Capuano, and Gallardo.

Does Kendall bear any responsibility for Parra not being able to finish off batters?

Absolutely!!! Totally agree with the direction of this rant! His inability to help pitching today from the bench was simply inexcusable! I would also fault him for the injuries to Riske, Gagne, Sheets, Capuano, and Gallardo.

Stupid of me, and I get it (I have to work today and caught the game on the MLB function). Doesn't excuse my gaffe. But my point about Kendall remains the same.

MickeyDavis wrote:

Exactly. It's easier to use your cell phone. Then you can be one of those morons who sits behind home plate waving their arms while talking on it. "Look how cool I am, I'm on TV". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Don't do that either. I don't answer the phone during games.

I blame Wang.

Lovin' the Brewers right now, lovin' them.

Actually, I did rather like that comeback tonight in the 6th. But after we failed to score in the next two I thought that the game might go down the crapper.

Freakin Yost! Was it just me, or was the ump real inconsistent tonight - I wasn't on the in-game thread but he just seemed to not even have a zone.

Regress has to be used carefully, too. I sure as heck hope Billy Hall does some regressing.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Our offense is offensive and our defense is indefensible!

Endaround and casey are grumbling about the definitions of "consistency" and "regression!"

It is only May 26 and Yost is clearly praying that the Brewers get hot in August!

I've wasted too much time caring about the Brewers!

I blame this man's black magic:

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/48/38/0000034838_20061021020603.jpg

Since the Brewers tangled with him, they have played .400 ball! Argh!

this is pure vent.

I know we have our share of sweeps throughout the years, but could we just finish the book and sweep a good team for once?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some time we swept a good team, but that's not the point of this thread. I feel mad and upset that we couldn't pull it off after 2 nice wins to start the homestand. It's almost like they're satisfied with the series victory (I know they're not, really, but anyways . . . )

At least that's a nice 3 hour block that I can delete from tivo right away tonight.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived