Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the battle stuff is tired. The only problem is, it's not the joke that's tired...it's Ned Yost using battle over and over and over again. It's not as if he used the term once and we're all stuck on it...that's how Yost describes the happenings game in and game out.

This team flat out sucks. Instead of fighting for a playoff spot spot we will be "battling" the pirates and reds for last place. This team needs a major shakeup starting with Ned and maybe ending with Melvins tenure coming to an end. The fact that the young players on this team are almost all regressing is a major indictment of Ned and his clueless staff.

Can anyone honestly tell me how Yost deserves a job? If anyone can blame the last two games on the Gallardo injury..... JJ cost them tonight. I thought Doug said the D was going to be better? Two games in a row the Defense pissed away.

Can anyone honestly tell me how Yost deserves a job? If anyone can blame the last two games on the Gallardo injury..... JJ cost them tonight. I thought Doug said the D was going to be better? Two games in a row the Defense pissed away.

anyone else think the Yount influence in the dugout/clubhouse is being missed and underappreciated now when it comes to the defense? do you think these "battling kiddos" are taking a lot for granted in the infield? i do. i think it's very possible that they have a lack of focus when it comes to the basics of playing the infield. it's been pretty embarrassing watching them the last few weeks. did i spell embarrassing wrong? that would be embarrassing. like blowing a routine double play and completely changing the momentum of the game. ouch.

I hate hating baseball before Memorial Day.

My expectations are pretty modest. Give me something meaningful to watch for 100+ games. The 2008 Brewers have failed in meeting even that goal. It's hard for me to justify the financial and emotion investment I make on this team every year when being out of it in May is the rule, not the exception.

This is what I don't get with these rants. How you will question how Yost has a job but then talk about how bad our defense is. Put God in our dugout and he is not going to win with the horrific hitting and defense this team puts out there. I won't even get into the pitching. I simply don't understand how you can say both things. The players on this team have under performed so much this year and yet all we seem to talk about is Yost. It is old and I don't think it is warranted this often. Complain about him because we are losing but all of the things wrong with this team falls on the players.

My rant is people on the internet and radio complaining about Yost more often than the players. If you read and listen enough I think you will actually believe that Yost plays and has more affect on the game than the players do. Now we say he is not motivating the players enough. His duties over the course of this last week have consisted of teaching baserunning, more motivation, and better defense. If a major league manager has to do these things, he is in big trouble already. I just am sick of the losing and the excuses and complaining people do that have nothing to do with the players. Everyone is frustrated.

this team just is not fundermently sound the defense and sisuational hitting are bad

and the back end of the rotation is a joke

If by back end you mean the final four spots, I agree. This really sucks. It looked like this might be the year where we actually have a rotation that can compete. Instead it is shaping up to be a year where we finish the year with worst rotation in baseball after Sheets is fitted for pinstripes in July - assuming he is not on the DL by then so we can't even trade him.

This is what I don't get with these rants. How you will question how Yost has a job but then talk about how bad our defense is. Put God in our dugout and he is not going to win with the horrific hitting and defense this team puts out there. I won't even get into the pitching. I simply don't understand how you can say both things. The players on this team have under performed so much this year and yet all we seem to talk about is Yost. It is old and I don't think it is warranted this often. Complain about him because we are losing but all of the things wrong with this team falls on the players.

Yeah, you kinda have to pick a lane, but it demonstrates just how much is wrong with this team, and over the long haul this season, pitching is by far the biggest problem. I heard someone on the radio say that firing Yost would be like giving a Tic Tac to a whale, and I think that about sums it up. There isn't a manager alive that can make our rotation built of 80% 4/5 starters and turn it into a rotation one would find on a playoff team.

My expectations are pretty modest. Give me something meaningful to watch for 100+ games. The 2008 Brewers have failed in meeting even that goal. It's hard for me to justify the financial and emotion investment I make on this team every year when being out of it in May is the rule, not the exception.

That is exactly how I feel, and that's exactly why I look back at the 2005 season so fondly. That team finished the season very strong and gave me reason to feel nervous about the outcome of a late-September baseball game. All I want is a decently competitive team. Is 81-81 really too much to ask for?

Archived