Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should do what the Indians did that year they were in last place, and then eventually beat the Yankees to get to the World Series. I think the key is to get a naked cardboard cutout of the team's owner, and cover the cutout with other smaller pieces of cardboard numbering precisely the amount of wins necessary to get to the playoffs.

We should do what the Indians did that year they were in last place, and then eventually beat the Yankees to get to the World Series. I think the key is to get a naked cardboard cutout of the team's owner, and cover the cutout with other smaller pieces of cardboard numbering precisely the amount of wins necessary to get to the playoffs.

That sure seems like a lot of work to put together the cardboard cutout. I don't think these guys are up to the task.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Not calling up Branyan and allowing Dillon to play 1B in the first game was a mistake. I don't see why Dillon and Gwynn are on the team. Both add nothing to the team. Counsell and Kapler both do the same things that Gwynn and Dillon do. I really don't see the need to have Gwynn and Dillon on the team.

Well, once we go like 1-9 on this trip, Ned will be gone. That should excite the anti-Ned crowd, but then the Brewers will probably lose 14 of the next 17 like old times and we'll finish with 90+ losses. That should clear out the bandwagon pretty nicely.

I'm sick of this pathetic defense. I wasn't buying it when it kept being said that the defense was so much improved this year. And after this awful defense displayed in Boston I hope I don't have to hear about the supposed improved defense anymore.

Among the most depressing of many depressing parts of this series was listening to the Boston feed, in which the announcers spoke about the Brewers as they would special needs children, a patronizing tone almost bordering on tenderness, but never anything veering on the way you'd speak about worthy peers. And neither should they. The Brewers are worthy of the contempt. The franchise. The management. The personnel.

It's an odd place to be, getting charity from the mouthpieces of a franchise that, other than the Chicago Cubs, had been synonymous with historical baseball futility.

I was really bothered when Fielder was smirking after his little league error. Time to make changes. Im not watching another game till Yost gets the ax.

Hopefully you enjoy watching golf or nascar. It'll be a long summer otherwise.

Maybe that is the problem. Ned and Doug have a naked cardboard cut out of Mark?

I had this irrational fear (so i thought) that TGJ would DH. I thought nobody in their right minds would ever do that. Boy was I right on both counts! We seem to be unprepared for what is coming up. I am thinking about sending daily planners to Doug and Ned to help them out. An excerpt would be:

May 17-19, at Boston

We play there, there is this DH thing they do.

As much as we love Tony Gwynn Jr., he is not a dh.

Before this series, let's adjust the roster so we can have a dh, we may just have one (or three) in the minors right now.

Wash car.

Archived