Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

Sure the Cubs have made quality starters out of Dempster, and Marquis and the Cards are winning games with Pinerio, Wellenmeyer, Lohse, etc, but maybe it has something to do with the coaching these guys are receiving and not just luck.

Dempster has had some success as a starter in the past. Not sure who would call Marquis a quality starter. As far as the Cards winning with the guys you mention...Its May 15th. The Cards are 3-6 in Lohse's starts, and in his last three he has given up 8, 7, and 4 ERs. Pinero is doing about what he has always done. Wellemeyer, we'll see. He may be the guy that supports your argument as he seems to be outperforming his career numbers since they made the decision to make him a starter. Then again, maybe it is just the move to starter trhat has made the difference for him (of course the Cardinals staff and front office deserve credit for that), but I'd prefer to look again in a few months.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gobias, I guess I need to take issue with your point (not you in particular as many have made the same point) in that I am somewhat tired of hearing people complain about things going well for other teams, and yet the Brewers can't catch a break.

I agree. Some here lament scheduling, the umps, and Rickie's alleged bad luck, among other things, while claiming that the gods are smiling on the Cards and Cubs. But I don't think it's a matter sheer bad fortune that the Brewers have fallen behind this year. They just aren't playing great baseball.

Some here lament scheduling, the umps, and Rickie's alleged bad luck, among other things, while claiming that the gods are smiling on the Cards and Cubs. But I don't think it's a matter sheer bad fortune that the Brewers have fallen behind this year. They just aren't playing great baseball.

This is true, but the good news is, with a 162 game schedule, teams genarally finish where they deserve to finish.

We shouldn't have lost two of three to LA. But to be fair, we probably shouldn't have won 3 of 4 v. StL. Luck is a fickle mistress!

Right, we should have won 4 out of 4 if the Brewers could figure out Little League basics like giving and receiving signs.

Right, we should have won 4 out of 4 if the Brewers could figure out Little League basics like giving and receiving signs.

No, we were lucky to win 3, not unlucky to not sweep.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This is true, but the good news is, with a 162 game schedule, teams genarally finish where they deserve to finish.
I'm not even sure what this means. Does it mean that if we finish dead last, we deserve it? Or does it mean that over 162 games teams will fall in line with their talent level?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

rainouts blow

Yeah, this one especially sucks. I got some stupid cold a few days ago and it's lingering and I was hoping I could relax and watch the game. Instead, I'm watching what the rest of the world watches on Friday night, and it kinda sucks.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Being within two runs of the Red Sox at the end of that game feels like a victory. Started the season thinking we could play in the big boy's sandbox. Not any more. Even though it's predictable, it's still depressing. The only good news at this hour is the statistical difficulty to sweep or be swept in a doubleheader, though I have every faith the Brewers can come through.

Maybe if we're in last for a bit Ned will finally be tossed to the curb where he belongs.

Not sure it matters at this point. I dont think a new manager would have any influence whatsoever in the way this group hits, or should I say, doesn't hit the ball.

So then is it the GM's fault? You surely can't trade all the players. It's time management re-evaluates how it handles things. Hernan should be playing second and Nelson should've been called up for the series. Melvin and Yost shouldn't be allowed to run a 7 11.

So then is it the GM's fault? You surely can't trade all the players. It's time management re-evaluates how it handles things. Hernan should be playing second and Nelson should've been called up for the series. Melvin and Yost shouldn't be allowed to run a 7 11.

No, but I would dump Weeks at the trade deadline, bring up Hernan or Crabbe and try and get some pitching or prospects and try and rebuild this thing for 2010.

Rickie Weeks having 3 errors is further proof that judging a player's defensive abilities based on errors is a joke.

Give Rickie a break today, he's probably tired from getting 2 hits and raising his average a whole .003 on the day.

Archived