Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

This is from another board. Said they never cut to commercial on MLB.tv with the microphones still on.

Rock, "What should we talk about? How much Mota has struggled? laugh laugh"

30 second pause

Brian "naw, how about our lack of success against Rusch" more background chuckles.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please...someone...DFA Mota!!!

But I also agree with a post from above. The Brewers severely lack in the "professional" hitting department. Way too much free swining and hacking. Where is the patience at the plate? Where is just trying to get hits and letting everything else fall into place? Where is Weeks and Braun being smart enough not to ALWAYS swing at low and away pitches?

Have some freakin discipline you guys or move outta the way so we can focus on Packer training camp coverage! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Preemptive anti-jinx vent: If this team loses tomorrow, and then 2 of three to the Reds this weekend with Javier Valentin at some point turning a 1-run game into a 4-run game, I'm taking the rest of the month off.

I am really glad to see Volquez pitching the next game I go to. Thank God it isn't going to be Harrang. I might have sold my ticket if that stud was pitching against the Crew. Who didn't see the Rusch domination coming tonight? I would steer way clear of that Josh Fogg game as well. That match-up reeks of shutout.

And sadly none of this post should be in blue. This home run or bust team is brutal to watch when the result is nothing.

Benny Sheets pitched a great game tonight. His stuff was tremendous blah blah blah. His stuff is getting crisper and crisper.

We struggled to score runs tonight. Rusch threw a good game, if you look at the matchup going in you think you know...Rusch pitched a great game he actually outpitched Benny a little bit.

Asked about the Rockies working the count. They're a good hitting team, very, very good plate discipline.

Mota's struggling right now. There's no way around it. He's struggling a little bit. Riske, Gagne and Villanueva are throwing the ball well and we'll just cover for him until he gets straightened out.

Asked if any of those guys were available. Oh they were all available. THEN USE THEM!

Mota's struggling right now. There's no way around it. He's been struggling quite a bit for four straight years now. Riske, Gagne and Villanueva are throwing the ball well and we'll just cover for him until he gets straightened out.

Fixed for Ned's and Doug's sake

well it seems like the brewers anual all star break swoon.

They seem to always fall apart coming into the break.

It has to be time to remove Mota from the roster. Yost better be carefull here cause Mark added CC not to watch his manager throw away games.

I believe Yost is under a close watch Because Mark has made it a point it win now.

Yost gets asked a tough question on why he went to mota and Ned totally ignores the question. Answer the tough question jerk!

He doesn't answer this question because it would tip Doug and Mark off as to how incompetent his is regarding bullpen management. See, Ned has a custom made majik 8-ball in the dugout with all the bullpen pitchers names on the die inside. The name that comes up after 7 shakes is the pitcher he goes with. And he will not shake again until the first of two things occur: 1) the pitcher gives up 4+ runs, 2) the pitcher does not record 3 outs within 20 minutes.

Bringing Mota in? I can maybe justify it. Allowing him to give up 4 (expletive) runs and completely demolish any chances of us winning the game is absolutely unacceptable.

And yes, I would also like him to defend why he makes the decisions he does.

We make a pretty exciting move, and the Cubs 1-up us a day later by making an even better move. Cubs will probably win the division ... intolerable. Awful at home against the freaking Rockies. Losing ground daily. Glendon Rusch = Cy Young. So full of hate and anger....
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Regarding the use of Mota tonight -- I think it is pretty clear from his recent usage pattern that Mota HAS lost his "8th inning guy" job. We didn't have the lead tonight. Whoever the "8th inning guy" currently is (my money is on Gagne), that guy only works when there is a save / hold situation to be preserved. My vent concerns this philosophy and its complete and utter ludicrousness.

Using Christopher Shea's neat Win Expectancy Finder (link), let's compare a situation where the Brewers would have been trying to preserve a 3 run lead to tonight, where they faced a 1 run deficit.

First, starting the top of the 8th with a 3 run lead:

Runs allowed in 8th..........Chance of winning

0.................................................98%

1.................................................96%

2.................................................89%

Now, with a 1 run deficit:

Runs allowed in 8th..........Chance of winning

0.................................................30%

1.................................................15%

2.................................................7%

Which of these two situations seems to you to call for the better pitcher? Why, in the name of all that is holy, does Ned Yost believe that the superior short reliever should be used in the case of a 3 run lead, while the designated bullpen millstone (even Yost has to think that's what Mota is right now) is the right guy for the 1 run deficit?

My other vent -- What kind of post in this thread requires research? I can't even vent right.

Why can't we ever have a bullpen that isn't a scrap heap full of cow dung? We usually have 3 guys that you can count on and 3 guys who have no business being there. Why can't we for once develop a Marmol, Papelbon, Rivera, anyone at all? I hope to all heavens that Mota is just released. I would much rather have DeFelice, Dillard, or Pena. Come on Doug and Ned everyone knows that Mota has completely lost it, just cut him and move on

It pisses me off that we always have so much trouble with Colorado. Especially a year where they have struggled so much. It also pisses me off that we have absolutely no patience at the plate. And the bullpen...I won't even go there. What good is it to have two aces in your starting rotation only to have a dreadful bullpen and painfully inconsistent offense? Thank you.

What is it with the rockies? It seems like we never play good against them, lately. Maybe the Brewers have a tendency to play to the level of the team they are playing. "Were only playing the rockies, so lets play like we are the worst road team in baseball" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif. At this point I would say that the Rockies have as good a chance as the Brewers do to make the playoffs. Their bullpen is coming back together after a rough start to the season and they have alway been patient and just overall good hitters. That seems to be exactly opposite of what the brewers are, an impatient group of "want to hit the home run every at bat" hitters with a bullpen that is seemingly getting worse every week. I don't know how much more of this roller-coaster I can take, I think I'm getting sick. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

So.. I dislocated my pinky at soccer last night. Not playing.. but after the game while taking off my cleats, it some how got stuck in my sock I borrowed from someone (they were tight.. I forgot my stupid socks) and when my shoe popped off well.. I dislocated my dumb left pinky.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=30553

Archived