Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For what it's worth, I caught some games this weekend with friends (and life long die hard fans) from St. Louis. They do not like Tony, said he's arrogant, and tries to over-do himself with his in game management. I just thought it was worth posting as some view him as one Milwaukee would be better off with. Just a good example of every teams fans disliking their own manager.

I think it's slightly false to say anyone thinks we would be better off with LaRussa; it's just that most think we would be better off with Yost's mom. And the fact that Tony consistently outmanages Ned.

On another topic, I've been watching a lot of games lately, and I'm amazed at how many strikes pitchers throw in the AL. Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like there are a lot more strikes thrown and they rely much more on their defense.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I think it's slightly false to say anyone thinks we would be better off with LaRussa; it's just that most think we would be better off with Yost's mom. And the fact that Tony consistently outmanages Ned.
LaRussa is one of the first names that comes up whenever people talk about a dream manager. There are many who think that LaRussa=ideal manager. I personally think he is arrogant.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I will never learn to love our atrocious right-side defense. YOU SUCK PRINCE. S-U-C-K. Poor Parra, he deserved so much better. I HATE YOU PRINCE.

Maybe BA will stop raving about the defense. "Well (player x) only has one error and is 2nd in the NL in Fielding percentage!" I don't care if Rickie's second in fielding % or Braun only has one error, that doesn't make them good.

Prince is a mega-talent, and I love him, but its May 15th and its time for him to stop sucking. I am not a big if only this one play in a 9 inning game had been made , things would have been different guy, but if he doesn't botch that most routine of routine ground balls, the Brewers win that game. I could even go one wild and crazy step further and say that if he doesn't botch that most routine of routine ground balls, not only do the Brewers win, but one could also argue Riske would not have come into that situation and would probably not be seeing Dr. Raasch tomorrow. Hyperextended elbow? Sounds like trouble to me.

I was going to start a thread on this topic, but I guess it will work just as well here. This is a serious question....what kind of line does Prince Fielder need to put up to justify him not being a liability to this team. Prince flat out is not hitting. He is not driving the ball consistantly and is hitting way to many weak ground balls. His defense is absolutely horrible. He has ZERO (0) Range at First base, doesn't scoop low throws well, and botches a lot of routine plays. I know they keep talking about how hard he works.....really....then why does he continue to suck at fielding. If he was truly working day in and day out some sort of improvement would be evident, would it not? I sure don't see it. At this point in the season, I would say that Prince has hurt this team more than he has helped. Sure the season is young, but when it all is said and done with what kind of numbers would he have to put up in your opinion to make up for his shortcomings.

Sure the season is young, but when it all is said and done with what kind of numbers would he have to put up in your opinion to make up for his shortcomings.

Hoenstly, probably something slightly worse than what he will end up with at the end of the season.

...It's not like he's Joe Girardi or Bobby Cox or even Tony LaRussa...

Nice description, this is pretty accurate... though I think Girardi is a mediocre manager who screwed the Rockies over by his pitching staff usage.

I agree, and I actually meant to type Joe Torre (although I know he has his anti-fans as well). I don't know how that came out Joe Girardi.

Can the Brewers be good when they're expected to be good, just once???

All the (legitimate) hype surrounding this team is making these bad, bad losses much harder to take. Sadly, it's hard to expect much of a turnaround without Yo and a bullpen that is as predictable as a plastic bag in the wind.

Oh yeah, and the offense SUCKS too. Are we trying to set the major league record for sub-.200 hitters in a lineup? Yes I'm talking about you Rickie, Billy, Cameron.

Ugh....I've said it every year for the past 15 years, "I wish I didn't care about the Brewers."

Archived