Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

We bring our own onions to the park.

Excellent solution Logan, but at ball park prices, I want THEM to supply my onions.

I see an event, like the Boston Tea party, but with onions, not tea, and we don't tar and feather anyone, at least this time.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
make-a-sandwich-before-Vargas-throws-the-next-pitch slow?

Not even close to Steve "Human Rain Delay" Trachsel status.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Watching the highlights of last night's game on MLB.com with the Arizona FSN feed . . . I can't believe the tone that Darron Sutton was using to call the Brewers' positive plays. So somber and disgusted. Maybe this should be in the Silver Lining thread given that we don't have to listen to it anymore, but I feel bad for D-backs fans anytime a game doesn't go their way - what a Debbie Downer.

the diamondbacks red-hat section. annoying from afar, but when the broadcast cuts part of every 1/2 inning for a stupid interview amongst a group of 70-somethings, it's beyond tolerable.

then again, listening to Darron Sutton for more than 2 straight minutes isn't exactly therapy, either.

I am venting because if we hadn't scored in the 9th, Ned had Mota up in the bullpen. Mota would not be my first choice for a man to get the game to extra innings.

I am amazed that we are guaranteed a .500 road trip because Braun, Fielder, Hall, and Branyan all decided to suck for the entire road trip. That is a silver lining I suppose but wecan't continue to play like this and expect to keep winning.

My last vent - Is it just me or is Jim Edmonds that King of the Wall Scraper? The guy routinely hits the ball about a foot farther than he has to for a HR.

I can't believe the tone that Darron Sutton was using to call the Brewers' positive plays. So somber and disgusted.

He 'goes all out!1!!' every broadcast. Does his best to be the #1 FAN!. It's shtick to me, just like 'Gracie' saying, 'I'll tell you what, Daron Sutton...'

I'll freakin' tell you what you knuckleheads, your broadcast is the least tolerable one I've seen all season. I've watched just about every team's feed for at least an inning at this point. Theirs is like some bad Vaudville act.

the diamondbacks red-hat section. annoying from afar, but when the broadcast cuts part of every 1/2 inning for a stupid interview amongst a group of 70-somethings, it's beyond tolerable.

And Brewers fans thought our broadcasts were bad...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Mota's not the only one to blame, and a couple of those runners were on infield hits. Shouse had one stinking job to do, and ended up giving up a 3-run double on the only pitch he threw. Toughest loss to swallow so far this year for sure.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Mota threw two groundballs and walked a guy, hardly deserves the blame. I do believe we need more help in the pen, but Mota is the one guy that didn't actually get lit up. You want to blame someone, how about Prince Fielder moping around most of this series. 2 hits in 36 AB's on the roadtrip.

I figured this would be a good place to post this one:

http://www.fangraphs.com/lgraphs/280703129_Brewers_Diamondbacks_89287798_lbig.png

I don't even have any more words to vent. I think the graph says it all.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Gagne did great in the 8th. Threw only a handful of pitches and got people out ridiculously easily. The way I see it, Yost pulled Gagne to make him feel good about his success without risking failure. He manages too much for tomorrow and the next day, etc. In situations like this he should stick to winning games he can today.

Yeah, this is an awful way to start a vacation weekend

The fact that it happened at literally the last moment of an otherwise successful road trip and a game in which we tagged Brandon Webb for five runs (and that Parra was fantastic in) makes the bile literally rise in my throat

What a choke job. Worst loss of the year by far.

I am so hacked right now I am beyond words.I am not a vent thread contributor, I think things are on the upward move for this team, I am a Yost supporter....BUT.. the facts are in... we need bullpen help, we don't need a starter,( well yes we do, but so does everyone) we need to close this type of game out.... there is no excuse, none , for this kind of one half inning to occur. In 8/9 year old little league, this stuff happens,in the majors this is beyond comprehension......(it took me several minutes to compose a post that would not get me not only banned from the site, but kicked off the inter web). I feel sorry for Yost.

Archived