Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

Weeks is batting .215 and Cameron .217 - Absolutely unacceptable.

Let's not forget Bill Hall, who has a lusty .212/.275/.386 line.

Rickie also hasn't hit a HR since May 22. (But I heard on FSN that he was raking in BP!)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers, perhaps due to youth, just don't seem to have the mentality needed to tough out games on the road. Last night was perfect example. After Weeks leads off 3rd inning with double, Hardy can't move him over. Bunt if you have to, but move him over. Later Hardy had leadoff double and Braun fans on 3 pitches.

You have to get that runner over especially on the road in close games.

You also need guys to get big hits with runners on and this Brewer team fails far more often than what should be expected. After Kapler walked with the bases loaded, Weeks should have been ready for Qualls to throw him a first pitch fastball right down the middle. He did and Weeks watched it. That was the best pitch to hit in that AB.

(But I heard on FSN that he was raking in BP!)

believe the hype! He WAS raking in BP. He hit a couple OVER the Friday's Front Row Sports Grill in Left field. If you're familiar with Chase Field at all, you know that is a MONSTER shot.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

You also need guys to get big hits with runners on and this Brewer team fails far more often than what should be expected. After Kapler walked with the bases loaded, Weeks should have been ready for Qualls to throw him a first pitch fastball right down the middle. He did and Weeks watched it. That was the best pitch to hit in that AB.

I was alright with him taking there. Qualls was really off that inning. He was pretty wild to Kapler, and got behind Rickie 2-1.

The real problem with that at-bat was missing that 2-1 get me over fastball. 90 mph and split the plate in half. A guy with Weeks' talent should put that ball in the seats quite often.

Funny how sucking for an entire season takes precedent over sucking for 30 ABs or so, huh.

When you add in expectations and position he plays it shouldn't be a shock. Especially when the guy whined about his paycheck then went out and put up very average numbers for his position. Those numbers look even worse when you add in the defense he provides. I swear half the errors on the team could be traced back to his inability to dig any ball out of the dirt. Hoover he aint.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Well I was referring to Hall - Fielder. The idea that Prince is hurting the team is just beyond me. His defense at first isn't in the stratosphere of how bad Braun was at 3B, and Prince has 'struggled' his way to a very good line for anyone other than the player that hit 50 bombs last season, which convinced some fans that he'd do that (or roughly that) every single campaign.

Especially when the guy whined about his paycheck then went out and put up very average numbers for his position.

This is a sore subject for me. Let's get this straight, since the misinformation train has a full head of steam. Prince responded to a direct question about his contract... ONCE. He did not pull a Bill Hall and cry through his agent. Also, you need to check into the full-time 1B this season if you want to start stating where Prince stands relative to his peers. "Average numbers" is not accurate. He's been top-10 to this point... but since that's < 50 HR, fans are all over him & looking for reasons to be upset. Well, that & turning down a contract offer. We saw the same with El Caballo, and clearly he made the right move in turning down the Brewers' offer (as I think Prince did). I don't like it either, but I don't feel the need to badmouth him & just make up stuff to be angry about.

THT stats page, sorted for MLB 1B in terms of highest GPA

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

After Weeks leads off 3rd inning with double, Hardy can't move him over. Bunt if you have to, but move him over. Later Hardy had leadoff double and Braun fans on 3 pitches.
Sacrafice bunting in a tie game in the 3rd inning with a non-pitcher just isn't smart. You're right about Braun though, he showcased that awesome discipline again last night, especially with runners on base. It's honestly embarassing some of the pitches he swings at some times.

And Sutton & Grace were talking about how Braun rarely, if ever, chases. They sounded completely clueless last night... not surprising.

To paraphrase: 'Branyan either strikes out or homers'... no mention of how he BBs a buttload, too.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Amen, TLB. I'm sick to my nipples of the treatment Fielder gets on this board, i.e. the notion that he is a fat, fat-headed, fattypants unclutch malcontent who has already seen his best days and should be traded now, while he still has some value, before the rest of MLB catches on to how useless he is at everything.

(But I heard on FSN that he was raking in BP!)

believe the hype! He WAS raking in BP. He hit a couple OVER the Friday's Front Row Sports Grill in Left field. If you're familiar with Chase Field at all, you know that is a MONSTER shot.

I would be much happier if Rickie spent his time in BP driving the ball into the gap in right-center.

Watching Suppan and Mota pitch is frustrating to no end. It doesn't matter if Suppan is pitching from behind, with a slight lead, or a 6 run lead in the 4th inning, he continually falls behind batters, so he's forced to throw 88 MPH meatballs on 2-0 and 3-1. Now apparently if Mota isn't walking guys, he's giving up hits. All four batters hit the ball hard for the D'Backs, fortunately two were right at fielders. If Yost is so keen on having an "8th inning guy" I pray it becomes Riske.

Watching Suppan and Mota pitch is frustrating to no end. It doesn't matter if Suppan is pitching from behind, with a slight lead, or a 6 run lead in the 4th inning, he continually falls behind batters, so he's forced to throw 88 MPH meatballs on 2-0 and 3-1.
I always thought Suppan's problem was going 0-2 on guys then nibbling till they walked. Frustrating either way. I hope he doesn't pitch the next game I go to. He. is. so. slow. Bathroom breaks between pitches slow.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I sort of wonder if I'll get bashed as a bad fan for this, but my vent is that I can't even watch the games anymore. I turn it on, and then I sit in the other room occasionally checking the score. I was at the Blue Jays game (my first time at MP in almost 2 years) when they nearly blew an 8-1 lead in the 9th. In the 8th inning with a 7 run lead I thought to myself, "I never get here, so for the next two innings I'm just going to relax and take in the experience of a fun Brewer win." Then it took 45 minutes to get 5 outs. I know they won, but that game just made me so mad I can barely even watch anymore. I swear that I'm not a bandwagon fan, I've been following this team for 20+ years. Watching the same bad baseball from a team that is supposed to be 'talented' over and over really bothers me. I know they won last night, but why does a 6 run lead always have to end up as a save situation.
You may run like Mays...

Yeah, the easy wins seem far and few between for this Brewers team. Ultimately, it's nice that they're winning (it doesn't matter how in the end), but it's hard to picture this team as a legit playoff contender, even though I know they're close in the standings.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Mota needs to go away from 8th inning duty. Riske looked good though!
Riske got two guys easily and then gave up a 390' out. Maybe he becomes our best option to get to Torres soon, but that whole part of the bullpen is still a mess. If Mota's outing yesterday causes him to be one step closer to not being the "8th inning guy," then I'm fine with it. After all, no harm was actually done.

Does every away broadcast have to find the fattest, homeliest Brewers fans? For anyone getting the away feeds this year, it seems that the opposing broadcast's producers have a standing policy to find every plus-300lb. Brewer fan in the house and linger lovingly on them throughout the game. A separate question is why there are so many plus-300lb. Brewer fans, but I digress as I sip my Mountain Dew and figure out which Arby's special I'm having for lunch.

WHY, OH WHY does Sportservice put out sliced onions instead of chopped? You can barely buy a burger there, so 90+ per cent of sandwiches are sausages. Try putting a sliced onion in a hot dog bun, impossible!

Fire Sportservice, Doug, Ned, Jack or the guy in purchasing, just fire someone for this long running debacle!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Archived