Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

Blowing a 3 run lead on the road we all see the real brewers tonight.Another chance thrown away to gain ground, but again the brewers perform like a road joke that they are.a bad effort againsta team that wanted it more. I also had it with Mota and believe it time to see what Choate can do ,because Shousy is not getting the job done.i am so angry that we blew this game and a chance to gain ground in our division.

Thaankfuuly i will be away this weekend so i don't have to watch these guys blow another road game

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's been said several times, but calling for four straight fastballs up in the zone is so moronic. I mean does Joe Mauer hit .700 on pitches below his belt or something? For all the talk he gets about "calling a great game", Kendall looked bad on that tonight. I hope Dillon doesn't play the rest of the series either. Obviously everyone has bad games but he really hasn't done anything lately when he gets chances. The play at first where he dove at Casilla coupled with his swinging at the first pitch after a Branyan 6 pitch walk didn't impress me tonight.

4 straight high fastballs with an 0-2 count was just plain stupid. How about wasting a pitch? Throwing a slider or something? Mauer is a .300 hitter for a reason and when you continue to put it in the same spot at the same speed, he's going to catch it. Of course, the entire thing could have been avoided if Ryan Braun didn't play so deep. 95% of other left fielders catch that foul pop down the line that he just missed.

I'm looking at Mauer's hot zones and cold zones right now. It's broken up into 9 sections.

low and away he's hitting .286, low and down the middle he's hitting .182, low and inside he's hitting .429, middle inside he's hitting .588, right down the middle he's hitting .536, middle away he's hitting .250, up and inside he's hitting .462, up and down the middle he's hitting .143 and up and outside he's hitting .364.

So while they were technically pitching Mauer in a "cold zone", making the same pitch four straight times in the exact same spot isn't a good idea. Especially for a hitter as good as Mauer. It's not like that's his only cold zone either. He doesn't hit great on the middle to low outside stuff or on the low pitch down the middle. And honestly, in a tie game in the 8th inning I'd much rather they pitch him low and away than up and down the middle. Worst that happens if you pitch low and away is likely a bloop double right down the line. Worst that happens if you pitch him up and down the middle, well, you saw it.

4 straight high fastballs with an 0-2 count was just plain stupid. How about wasting a pitch? Throwing a slider or something?

I agree- for as good as Kendall has been this year behind the plate and in every facet of the game at catcher, the AB to Mauer was completely puzzling and obviously lost us the game.

Mota kept missing too far down. I am thinking Kendall wanted it in an unhittable spot way up, but Mota kept leaving it too far down. The last pitch was further down than the previous three.

My vent is that my Brewer Fever has subsided quite a bit. The last two games have sucked big. The Brewers better put something together against Livan Hernandez, or else.

Mota kept missing too far down. I am thinking Kendall wanted it in an unhittable spot way up, but Mota kept leaving it too far down. The last pitch was further down than the previous three.

My vent is that my Brewer Fever has subsided quite a bit. The last two games have sucked big. The Brewers better put something together against Livan Hernandez, or else.

I watched the replay of the home run. He had it as high as Kendall had his glove, but threw it an inch or two further over the plate. He obviously missed his location by a bit, but calling for four straight fastballs is still dumb.

Did anyone else see Braun half ass the triple Gomez hit down the left field line? He leisurely strolled over and waited for the ball to roll to him instead of actually running toward it. Did he forget who was running? It obviously didn't matter as Slowey dominated the Brewers but it still made him look really bad.

There was also no reason for Sheets to pitch the 7th. He was approaching 100 pitches plus he hadn't fooled many hitters since the 3rd inning.

The player that bothered me on that play was Hall. At least from the in-game replays, it looked like Hall had a very real chance to dive & reach (or at least get near) that hit. Braun (imo) played the ball cautiously due to the curve of the Metrodome base wall there. I don't recall him playing the ball for anything more than the ricochet (meaning -- I don't think he dogged it, just played cautiously a tricky LF corner he'd never seen before). I don't really think that anything Braun did helped Gomez to a 3B. The ball was hit slowly enough that Gomez had a 3B nearly out of the box.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yes, gosh darn our 5th starter for never winning games when he gives up 4 runs. Gosh darn him for being our second best pitcher in June. Gosh. Send him to Mexico for some bats and bring back Vargas!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Not that it really mattered, but the ump was super inconsistent in the 9th inning.

Bill Hall looked lost against Doug freakin' Davis. In 55 June PA's he's OPSing a solid .512, after .656 in 90 May PA's, ugh.

Tschida's zone sucked all night, practically. The left side of the plate (away to RH batters) was a coin-flip even if the pitch was off the plate, and then things just got even worse in the 9th. That curveball Lyons threw Braunie (called a ball... somehow) was a relatively obvious strike, so it's not like we're just pissing & moaning.

Send him to Mexico for some bats and bring back Vargas!

Is Estrada available to pitch?!?1!?1 OMG! (yes, I know you were kidding, Baldy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived