Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

My vent is directed towards Melvin and Mark A for not being smart enough to resign Sheets before the season. Good luck filling the starting staff with the Suppans and McClungs of the world. As far as I am concerned Melvin and Yost can both take a hike after the season and Jack Z can be the GM. Any Gm that isnt wise enough to resign Sheets when it is clear he was open to staying is worthless in my eyes.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate how the radio shows are talking about what to do with Sheets, and how he "finally" is performing in his contract year. This guy has been a critical component to our team for many years and has done well, even though he has had some injuries. We should feel lucky to have had him for this many years and let's see if he can help us get to the playoffs this year. If we lose him after that, so be it.

Thins is even when Sheets was hurt he still pitched a decent amount of innings

My vent is directed towards Melvin and Mark A for not being smart enough to resign Sheets before the season. Good luck filling the starting staff with the Suppans and McClungs of the world. As far as I am concerned Melvin and Yost can both take a hike after the season and Jack Z can be the GM. Any Gm that isnt wise enough to resign Sheets when it is clear he was open to staying is worthless in my eyes.

The Cubs don't seem to have a problem doing it with the Lillys, Dempsters, and Marquis's of the world.

I can't believe they IBBed what would've been the winning run. It obviously worked out fine but it still seems like a terrible decision.

Definitely agree. Double in the gap ends the game, and if Jones steals second, a bloop single wins it. Hated that move.

Tomorrow being an off day, I think I'll have to figure out how many "going for the road sweep" games we've lost in the last 4 years since our last successful road sweep. It's getting to be completely disgusting.

I'll be all right as long as I don't have to hear the words "gravy day" and all smiles in the clubhouse just happy to have taken 2 of 3.

Tomorrow being an off day, I think I'll have to figure out how many "going for the road sweep" games we've lost in the last 4 years since our last successful road sweep. It's getting to be completely disgusting.
I calculated this last time the Brewers lost when "going for the road sweep":

Since the Brewers swept their last road series (7/1/04), they have played 10 games in which they had an opportunity to sweep their opponent (on the road). They have lost all ten games.

2008 (3, including tonight); 2007 (5); 2006 (2); 2005 (0); 2004 (0)

It's now 11 games.

(cleaned up code --1992)

On April 3rd, we had Dave Bush (who was bad for two months) vs Ryan Dempster who's been lights out. May 22nd was Bush again while he was still pitching poorly, and today the Brewers had a disadvantage in the pitching matchup yet again. The Reds game was the only one they "should've" swept.

His BABIP since joining CHN has been ridiculously unsustainable, fwiw. Something in the .400 neighborhood, iirc.

Yet, of course, he hits another HR tonight. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

well, when every fly ball Edmunds hits toward left field gets caught in the summer Wrigley jet stream and ends up in the stands, I would imaging the BABIP gets a significant bump.

365 foot flyballs to left center end up 5-6 rows into the bleachers in that stadium.

I just watched one of the spotlight shows from earlier in the week. It showed Gallardo pitching. That was a huge punch in the gut. It hurts to be reminded of how much he could have helped us this year. I had put it out of my mind until just now.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I didn't understand bringing in Shouse to face what turned into two right handed hitters. There's TWO bullpen mounds out there so TWO guys can warm up at the same time.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

well, when every fly ball Edmunds hits toward left field gets caught in the summer Wrigley jet stream and ends up in the stands, I would imaging the BABIP gets a significant bump.

I could be wrong but I don't think BABIP has anything to do with homeruns.

Edit: I should add that I don't think Edmonds is going to keep up this pace but he's still a good hitter, even at this point in his career. It was a good low risk signing by the Cubs that is paying off very well right now.

We were only one Kendall high pitch call away. Too bad we didn't get that far.

I was in the kitchen when the homer was hit so I didn't see the pitch call but I did turn around just as Cameron was slowing down and watching it fly out. Ugh. Frustrating. Especially after taking a 6-3 lead.

No one really to blame out there but the players today. I have to get on Kendall for calling that Mota flatball to on an 0-2 count to Mauer though.

Joe Dillon should never start again either. It just sucks that Bill Hall is complete garbage, but i would rather chance it with him so there is a presence out there.

Archived