Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

So Dillard gives up the two run single to the pitcher. So now I pull him? That'll give him confidence right, pulling him after giving up a hit to the pitcher. The next batter gets a swinging bunt infield single, and the bases are loaded again. Hard hit ball, right? Yank Dillard already! Yes, it's 6-0 with the bases loaded, but we have one hard hit ball, a single by the freaking pitcher. Then yes you have the three run double. Hindsight's 20/20, isn't it?

Actually, a mound visit would have been a great idea before the Casilla at-bat. It has to be a shot to your confidence when you're a young pitcher, you make a good pitch, and the guy gets on base by dropping a swinging bunt down the third-base line.

Dillard tried to make a perfect pitch to Casilla, and the slap-hitting infielder ripped one darn near 400 feet.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Billy has been playing third and it's tough to move around like that when you haven't done it much," Yost said. "Should [those plays] be made? Yes, absolutely.

"When you move around like that and get thrown into a position where you really don't have a chance to get comfortable at all, it's difficult."

Or maybe it's just time to admit that Bill Hall is a dreadfully bad defensive player with little hope for measurable, meaningful improvement. You don't have to say that, Ned, but adding to the heap of excuses doesn't help.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

The more I watch this 2008 team, the more I realize last year we had a better team and a golden opportunity to make it to the playoffs, and we blew it.

That hurts. Badly. Our bullpen this year makes me yearn for Chris Spurling.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I know everyone wants to kill Yost and trust me I can't stand him as much as the next guy, but Melvin is done getting a free ride with me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but he is the one who went out and assembled this diaster of a bullpen. He is the one who let's Yost continue to be employed. He's the one who went out and wasted money on Gagne and Cameron. Seriously, over the past 2-3 years what positive roster moves has he made? As far as I am concerned both he and Yost can be shown the door after this year. Turn the reigns over to Jack before we lose him to another team. If he can evaluate talent like he does through the draft I would imagine he can do it with free agency and trades as well.

Our bullpen this year makes me yearn for Chris Spurling.

That made me shiver like nails on a chalk board.

Me too, my friend, me too.

That said, I'd still take Julian Tavarez, Mike DiFelice, and Guillermo Mota over Greg Aquino.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Sigh............(sound of beer opening)..sigh...... gulp,gulp.gulp. Ahhhhhh! That's better.

Let's get used to games like tonight's. The past two nights the Crew has been outplayed by a Twins team that has been struggling big time. In extras tonight how many pitches did the Brewers see per at bat? Most of them swung at the first pitch trying to hit a walk-off home run and be the hero. What did the Twins do? They worked the count and hit the ball the other way and ultimately win the game. Tavares is left out there to die with three guys in the pen that I would rather see in the game.

There is no consistency in all areas of this team be it hitting, defense, starting, relief pitching or coaching/managing. I have tried to stay positive for as long as I can but this team is going nowhere fast and firing Yost/Melvin and trading a bunch of players isn't going to make it any better. This team just isn't good enough.

The next three weeks with St. Louis and Chicago having serious injuries to deal with the Brewers need to capitalize. If they don't its time to sell the farm and hope next year is better...sigh............(sound of beer opening).....sigh.......gulp, gulp.gulp........ahhhhhhhhhh that's better.

I love the vent thread.

22 total pitches in the extra innings. Only 3 at bats went more than 2 pitches, Fielder's triple, Cameron's weak ground out, and Counsell's at bat in the bottom of the 11th. 13 pitches for those at bats. 9 for the other 7 batters. Way to make the Twins pitchers work. Our offense is offensive.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am absolutely defeated right now. It hit me tonight- It's just not gonna happen this year. Or next, or the next... hell, it might not ever happen. I just have this feeling that I'm never going to see them win anything.

From the time I was 2 on, I've lived and died with the Brewers. I probably invest more financially and emotionally in this team than just about anything. And all they do is disappoint me. Year after year. Time after time they come up with new ways to break my heart. And I can't pull myself away. I'm like the bad guys in a Jackie Chan movie, I take the roundhouse kick to the gut then get up and come back for more.

I'm sick and tired of battlers, grinders, and gamers. Give me winners for God's sake. Soon.

I know everyone wants to kill Yost and trust me I can't stand him as much as the next guy, but Melvin is done getting a free ride with me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but he is the one who went out and assembled this diaster of a bullpen. He is the one who let's Yost continue to be employed. He's the one who went out and wasted money on Gagne and Cameron. Seriously, over the past 2-3 years what positive roster moves has he made? As far as I am concerned both he and Yost can be shown the door after this year. Turn the reigns over to Jack before we lose him to another team. If he can evaluate talent like he does through the draft I would imagine he can do it with free agency and trades as well.

I totally agree with this. Obviously Yost is a complete horror and needs to go but Melvin isnt exactly doing a good job either. Gagane and Cameron have both been awful as have his lousy bullpen acquisitions other than Torres. Between Gagne and Cameron Melvin has wasted 15 million, the type of money that could be used to resign Sheets. So basically he has wasted money on a bunch of stiff veterans while making no attempt to resign our number one starter who will be impossible to replace. Throw in the fact that he is too damn stubborn to fire yost and it is time to get rid of both Melvin and yost. Jack Z is largely responsible for the success of this team and an argument can be made that he is far more important to future success as well. Its time to promote him to GM and let him hire a real manager.

I am absolutely defeated right now. It hit me tonight- It's just not gonna happen this year. Or next, or the next... hell, it might not ever happen. I just have this feeling that I'm never going to see them win anything.

From the time I was 2 on, I've lived and died with the Brewers. I probably invest more financially and emotionally in this team than just about anything. And all they do is disappoint me. Year after year. Time after time they come up with new ways to break my heart. And I can't pull myself away. I'm like the bad guys in a Jackie Chan movie, I take the roundhouse kick to the gut then get up and come back for more.

I'm sick and tired of battlers, grinders, and gamers. Give me winners for God's sake. Soon.

I agree. I keep thinking more and more lately: "When is it OUR turn?" Basically every other team in our region (Twins, Tigers, Cubs, White Sox, Cards, etc.) has been to the playoffs, or won a World Series, in the last fifteen years or so. The Brewers haven't done jack, and I'm tired of it.

I agree with the sentiment about Melvin and Yost, stated a couple posts above. If this team doesn't make the playoffs once again this season, Mr. Attanasio needs to make major changes, and that includes letting both of them go. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of seeing the Cubs and Cardinals enjoy success, while we wait for next year, or wait for the next couple prospects to get called up from AAA.

I'm not absolving the team, either. Prince Fielder keeps popping and grounding out seemingly almost every at bat, and Bill Hall has been mostly dreadful lately. It's a shame, because the starting rotation has actually been pretty decent. The lineup has made these last couple Twins starters look like Cy Young contenders, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I've got the opportunity to go to my first Brewers game in over two years this week. I should be excited, but instead I'm afraid I'll be forced to sit through a debacle like last night. I agree with the tone of a few of the above posts. I'm trying not to lose faith and convince myself that these are growing pains of a team that has a lot of potential. But, they don't seem to be getting any better right now. Any progress seems followed by a bigger regression. 22 pitches seen in the extra innings last night! Unbelievable. They don't know how to win.
You may run like Mays...

I love how Twins fans were calling us a garbage team on the walk back to the car at Miller Park on Saturday when their team can't hit a home run if their life depended on it. Let's face it. The Twins got very lucky this series and the Brewers were 3 inches away from a 2/3 series victory. What a frustrating series. The better team lost, IMO.

On Father's Day, the Brewers had a starting pitcher of Seth McClung. A shortstop of Craig Counsell. A second baseman of Hernan Iribarren. A third baseman of Russell Branyon. And a right fielder of Gabe Kapler.

Before the season, that would have made you want to vomit.

Yesterday, I thought - "We have a pretty good chance of winning today"

So, um...yeah - lots of our guys have underperformed this year.

Apparantly, according to Hank Steinbrenner, we National Leaguers need to grow up:

The Yankees' loss of their ace, Chien-Ming Wang, for up to 10 weeks prompted the team co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner to chastise the National League for playing without a designated hitter. "My only message is simple," Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. "The National League needs to join the 21st century. They need to grow up and join the 21st century." Steinbrenner said he was angry and added: "I've got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He's going to be out. I don't like that, and it's about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s."

It's not a vent, but I can't even take that seriously.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/54192?eref=sircrc

Edit: link

Archived