Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

so before work, i was watching sportscenter while getting ready for breakfast, and i saw that after top plays, they were going to show the brewers-astros highlights. so i decided to wait and make myself late to work so i can see the highlights (i couldn't watch the game last time).

well after the top 5 plays and commercials, they skipped the brewer highlights and went right to "what to watch for" and then the end of the show.

thanks for nothing, ESPN

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Idiyost letting a young reliever get blasted in the sixth inning? I mean, it's not like the bullpen got slaughtered yesterday.

You can't teach gritty and battling, you have to experience it.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

How about Idiyost letting a young reliever get blasted in the sixth inning? I mean, it's not like the bullpen got slaughtered yesterday.

Okay, you've got two on and two out - the two men reaching on an infield hit and an error. So you IW Lamb (who isn't doing much this year, but you have to do it) to get to the pitcher. Dillard hasn't pitched recently, and he's pitched well when he's been in there, and you're down 4-0 already, so why not see how Dillard can handle the pressure, and he's pitching to the pitcher - should be able to get him out, okay? I'm not really worried about any of our pitcher's confidence levels WHEN THEY'RE PITCHING TO A FREAKING PITCHER, okay? So Dillard gives up the two run single to the pitcher. So now I pull him? That'll give him confidence right, pulling him after giving up a hit to the pitcher. The next batter gets a swinging bunt infield single, and the bases are loaded again. Hard hit ball, right? Yank Dillard already! Yes, it's 6-0 with the bases loaded, but we have one hard hit ball, a single by the freaking pitcher. Then yes you have the three run double. Hindsight's 20/20, isn't it?

LaRussa should be executed after tonight's game by the Cardinals (in case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.)

Bill Hall, you owe the team 6 runs. Feel free to start paying up any day now.

However, I will be shocked if he is in the lineup tomorrow. I would rather see the Hurricane get a start, but I fear Dillon will be playing 2nd. I am going to the game tomorrow, and I usually don't boo Brewers. But I might make an exception for Bill Hall. If I was a GM for any other team, I wouldn't give up a bag of magic beans for him right now.

but I fear Dillon will be playing 2nd.

We wouldn't want to miss out on Hall's defense there though. I never boo either, like ever, but I won't be surprised if I boo Hall sometime on this homestand. You're playing poorly, fine, then don't complain about PT and ask to get traded.

Bill Hall is like the new Wes Helms. A player that we thought had some good potential and we backed that hope up with a lot of money, only to find out that said player wasn't that good. Then saw player get consistently booed at home.

The problems I had with tonight's game are plenty:

1. We got to the game early. My Italian was luke warm at best. Not a good start.

2. I look at the lineup and see Counsell batting second. Then I look down farther and don't see Iribarren. I then texted one of my bartenders complaining that they bring the guy up and don't let him play at all.

3. Also, having Branyan, Cameron, and Hall back to back to back is plain idiocy. Impossible to manufacture a run when everything is a popout or strikeout.

4. Then Prince tries to tag on a fly to left center field. Why? He won't score on a wild pitch unless it rolls 50 feet away from the catcher.

5. Then I get a guy behind me whining about how Bush needed to come out before it was 4-0. Then he went on to state that if we slipped Ned some decaf and a jelly donut, he may need a nap and Simmons could manage. That was pretty funny.

The only good thing was the weather. It was beautiful out.

3. Also, having Branyan, Cameron, and Hall back to back to back is plain idiocy.
I think batting Prince and Branyan back to back is even more idiotic.

I really don't mind if a RHP is starting. At least Prince will see good pitches then. If Hall or Cameron bat fifth, Prince sees nothing.

I first posted this on the MJS blog tonight after the game. I was just so ticked after listening to the Crew at work and needed some way to vent.

Yost Gives Coaching A Bad Name

A Shot out of the park and Yost's to blame
He gives coaching a bad name

David Bush pitching is what you smell
He promised you innings then put Yost through hell
Oodling of runs given em a Tee
Yost claims he's a battler, can't he see?

ohhhh....Costing the Crew a ton
ohhhh....There's nowhere to run
No one can save Ned
The damage is done

[Chorus:]

A Shot out of the park
And Yost's to blame
He gives coachin' a bad name
He Plays his part by mismanaging the game
Ned gives coachin' a bad name

A call to the bullpen is on his lips
Mota, Gagne, and Turnbow, shoot from the hips
A coaches nightmare, just say goodbye
Melvin claims he got you help, pick your guy

ohhhh....Costing the Crew a ton
ohhh....There's nowhere to run
No one can save Ned
The damage is done

[Chorus:]

A Shot out of the park
And Yost's to blame
He gives coachin' a bad name
He Plays his part by mismanaging the game

I think playing Bill Hall against RH pitching is more idiotic not too mention with Iribarren up and leaving him as a pinch hitter. Talk about continually wasting a guy then playing one of the worst fielders right now in the NL.

Ned just does the dumbest things. I saw where Brewer fans were making fun of Lou for not pinch hitting the Big Shambrano, but he's a better hitter than Hall, Counsell, Gwynn, etc. Yost would've pinch hit for him.

I still think of the "This is your brain on drugs commercial" that use to play and Yost every time he does dumb things like bat Hall against RH's with an option up.

Yost brings us down

You got the Brewers playing from behind,
Your decision making is one of a kind.
Yost brings us down, no no no no no,
Don't tell us once more, look at the score
Yost brings em down.

You wanna bat Rickie then Cam.
The way they hit, it's such a big sham
Yost brings us down, no no no no no no no no,
We told before, we want Hall no more
Yost brings us down.

Yost brings us down, grroosss
Yost brings us down.

What happened to playing to win
Your coach like your loaded on gin,
Look at the score, then show Yost the door
Yost brings us down.

You're costing us games every other night
I wish you would keep Hall and Bush out sight.
Get him out the door, cos winning's a chore

Yost brings us down.

Some fans have given you too much of a pass,
Jeremy, the fans, and Ned smoking the grass.
Yost brings us down, no no no no no no no no,
Ill tell you once more before I get off the floor
Yost brings us down.

Wes, Kevin, and more you played every day
You never listen to what anyone has to say,
Yost brins us down, no no no no no,
He's lost it before, I want no more
Yost brings us down.

Archived