Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a 'yost must go' guy--this strategy of keepng mota in, not keeping cv in, and not putting cameron in for def reasons--wow.

you can only see this for so long. it is easy to manage an 8-1 win, but this thinking of 'we win some, we lose some' and 'we are battling-this is baseball', is getting very old.

lets play for tomorrow. and every game counts.

Blowing it on the road. What a surprise. For whatever reason, this loss made me really angry - more than any other loss this season. It's crap like this the prevents them from ever being to put together a season-changing winning streak.

I'm soooooooo tired of watching them SUCK and screw up games they should have won, just because it's not at Miller Park. It's been a staple of Ned's tenure. Show promise at home, piss it all away when they go back on the road. How long do we have to watch these same trends before this dolt gets his walking papers???

I think it's safe to say I haven't been this pissed after a loss since last season. It's pretty unreal how many things went wrong. Brining Mota in for Villanueva is easily one of the worst moves of the year, plus not having Cameron as a defensive replacement is a complete joke. It's unreal how many times he'd make them for Braun, Hardy, Hart, but not Kapler when we have a frickin' gold glover sitting on the bench. The fact that they also didn't get another run in the 8th with Kendall at 3rd and nobody out is pathetic as well. Frick.

Yost can do no right. We get it.

Why are you in the vent thread after a tough loss in which Ned made questionable moves? If you don't want to read venting, you should probably find a different thread. Honestly, some of the Yost supporters around here are true gluttons for punishment. It's as if you seek out negative posts about him so you can whine about it.

"Mota's been our eighth-inning pitcher the majority of the year," Yost said. "We went to our eighth-inning pitcher."

Ugh...that's frustrating. Besides the fact that it's a ridiculous rationale for pulling your hot pitcher who just threw a 10 pitch inning, has Mota really been the eighth inning guy all year? Not really, Ned.

Before the end of the year I might have to re-vamp the Bullpen Advisory System.

The really sad part is I can't even get angry after losses like this one anymore. After the soul numbing collapse we suffered last year, I am angry for maybe 5 minutes and then it just becomes comical.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why are you in the vent thread after a tough loss in which Ned made questionable moves? If you don't want to read venting, you should probably find a different thread. Honestly, some of the Yost supporters around here are true gluttons for punishment. It's as if you seek out negative posts about him so you can whine about it.
My previous post was sort of a vent. It would be nice if I could avoid negative posts/vents about Yost but they're everywhere. In every Brewers loss the IGT changes from a discussion of the game into the Yost bashing thread. Sure, there are many people that discuss managerial strategy in there criticism of Yost, but there are others who add nothing to the discussion and feel it necessary to add a "fire Yost" or "Yost is so stupid" comment at every opportunity.

Unfortunately I got to witness this first hand. I don't really know why Villy didn't come out for the 8th too. I guess a 123 inning isn't good enough. I don't really know why Mota didn't get yanked after getting rocked by the first 4 batters. I don't know how any team gives up 5 runs in the 8th inning. I don't know how they missed 2 double play oportunities in that same inning (not that it had any bearing on the runs already scored). It seems like the whole team lost focus and were ok with giving this one away because they had been hot previously.

Side note: would Cameron have caught those 2 doubles to center? Just thought I would throw that out there.

Second side note: why do we strike out so much against a 1-6 pitcher with a high 5's era.

I'm soooooo pissed at this game right now and will be for a while (until they win probably). I really am sick of yost and his attitude towards questions about his managing style. He talks like he always makes the right descision even if he is wrong (which seems like a lot). Aparently yost doesn't have any clue what needs to be done to get the job done. Someone has to be held responsible for this melt down. This seems like it is happening way too much to a team that is supposed to be one of the elite teams battling for a playoff spot.

Sure, there are many people that discuss managerial strategy in there criticism of Yost, but there are others who add nothing to the discussion and feel it necessary to add a "fire Yost" or "Yost is so stupid" comment at every opportunity.

Yost is so stupid.

This game made me angrier than any other this year. It really seemed they had figured it out, then bam, right back down to earth. Players need to make the plays, but when a pitcher comes in and it's BP from the first batter on, get him out before the game is tied.
You may run like Mays...

Sure, there are many people that discuss managerial strategy in there criticism of Yost, but there are others who add nothing to the discussion and feel it necessary to add a "fire Yost" or "Yost is so stupid" comment at every opportunity.

Yost is so stupid.

Yost should be fired for being so stupid.

worst loss of the year (not worst game, that goes to the gallardo injury). absolutely sickened by yosts use of the pen and overall lack of defense in the 8th. His post game comments grated my nerves. Another blown win for sheeter. Hey someone tell me why sheets would ever give us a home town discount after our pen and lack of run support has cost him real shots at 2 cy young awards. Great start to the trip, lose with sheets out there. man i am getting pissed all over again.

This team is just unable of performing well on the road. I used to think we could snap out of the road woes but I just have my doubts now. If we go 1-5 or 0-6 on this trip maybe Yost will finally get canned.

I'm really starting to doubt he'll be fired mid-season. It might've been close after the last road trip, but then they follow it up with a great homestand. If they go 1-5 or something on this road trip there will be rumblings again, but a good home stand will probably erase that.

As for an actual vent, the Brewers managed just 4 hits and 2 runs in 6+ innings off Greg Reynolds. At least they didn't strike out though, damn those strike outs!

Here's one for people who claim fans only complain after a loss.

Having Corey Hart bunt in the eighth inning last night was incredibly stupid. First of all, bunting with guys on first and second is a big pet peeve of mine anyway, for a couple reasons. First of all, you already have one guy in scoring position. Why give up an out in that situation? Secondly, it's much easier to force out the lead runner in that situation than with just a runner on first (which is what happened, but I've always felt that way. not just a hindsight thing).

When you consider the Brewers' case, it only gets worse. If a terrible hitter was at the plate, I might understand more. Hart is the last good hitter in the lineup at that point. Having Corey Hart bunt to set up chances for Bill Hall and J.J. Hardy (against a righty, no less) defies anything close to logic. The only other possible defense you could use is to stay out of the double play. Well, Hart's the fastest guy on the team. Playing to keep him out of a double play is useless.

That dumb call cost them a chance at a big inning and important insurance run(s). If it weren't for Sal Torres, it very well could have cost them the game.

I agree...my biggest problem with Yost is that he constantly has Hart bunting with guys on first and second. I don't care if he's good at it -- he's one of your three best hitters in the lineup and has been one of the best hitters in the lineup with RISP. It's even more stupid when you consider that it's likely Prince Fielder who's standing on first base, and he's probably not going to score from second base anyway unless you get a ball that's hit deep into the gap. It's monumentally stupid when you're relying on guys like J.J. Hardy and Bill Hall to drive those guys in when they've had trouble hitting anything but grounders and shallow pop ups.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I agree...my biggest problem with Yost is that he constantly has Hart bunting with guys on first and second. I don't care if he's good at it -- he's one of your three best hitters in the lineup and has been one of the best hitters in the lineup with RISP.

But... Corey's the #5 hitter -- the #5 hitter plays RF & has to bunt in those situations! Ned's read The Book! I fail to understand why people are bashing Ned.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Hmm. Just noticed my comment was deleted for saying a word that was made popular by a scene in Caddyshack. Anyway I know a lot of posters around here and I obviously made a shredder of myself in the IGT. I hate this blue stuff. Even though I was wrong I am usually right in my sarcasm detector. Alas fail is fail.

Ned Yost is stupid.

Archived