Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 3)

Fortunately, the Cubs aren't as good as their record indicates or as good as they have been playing.

I get what you're saying, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but . . . isn't it just pure speculation to judge them on something besides their record and their play?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fortunately, the Cubs aren't as good as their record indicates or as good as they have been playing.

I get what you're saying, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but . . . isn't it just pure speculation to judge them on something besides their record and their play?

Granted, that is all there is to judge them on right now, but one has to consider the fact that they have played more home games so far then any other team in baseball. One also has to consider that they have played only 12 games against teams in 2nd place or higher in the standings.It also helps that they have already played the Pirates 12 times. I am not convinced they are legit. We will see what they do in the next stretch of 32 w/ 23 being on the road. My guess is, they will regress to the norm.

In that same letter, they referred to TGJ as a superstar of the furture or something along those lines. It's sad they all letters like that to be published.

Superstar of the future with excellent genes was the exact quote.

In that same letter, they referred to TGJ as a superstar of the furture or something along those lines. It's sad they all letters like that to be published.

That's just comical.

Excellent jeans?

Yosted? Why did we pull Villy after 1 quick, dominant inning? The more relievers you throw out there in a game, the better the odds you'll find a guy who has an off night. GRRRR!!!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

EDIT: ...or two guys that have an off night. Great. GET BENT, NED. And get away from my favorite team, idiot.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I've defended him for a very long time, but there has to be a line. Enough is enough. At some point, something is his fault. This is exactly what I feared coming into this series. I didn't want to see us back on the road, but we had this game won. This is exactly how I fear us undoing the six game winning streak ... we blow out a fart like this and get swept this weekend, then drop 2 or 3 in Houston.

So you're playing in a hitter's paradise, your starter somehow manages to go 6 brilliant innings before you need to roll the dice and go to the pen, the force is with you and you get a fantastic inning from a guy who's a bred starter, and you think it's a good idea to just give another guy a whirl? What is going on here?? How do you not just stop right there after Villy's inning, count your lucky stars that you picked the right guy for tonight, and let the train keep on a'rollin? Why the attempt to outsmart the obvious!?!?!?! UGH. That's our Yost....

http://images.yuku.com/image/bmp/5b515c4997d8bc2cead77a68d15f6cf7efe53cc.bmp

http://images.yuku.com/image/bmp/60925834e4936d14b2425891075ed2070800070.bmp

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

So angry right now. Way more then any other loss, this was in the bag. A formality, it was over. But Yost the idiot pulls Villy and then Mota and Shouse blow up. Should be 5 game over .500 and on a 7 game win streak right now. Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Ned Yost can pack his bags tonight. It's too bad that the Brewers brass doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to fire him. Why would you pull Villy you idiot?

This team will never make it to the playoffs with this idiot as manager.

As much as I want Yost gone, it isn't going to happen. I have just come to that conclusion. If it was gonna happen it would have happened after the Boston series. It didn't and we are stuck for the season now.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

For some reason, I feel compelled to watch the Cubs/Dodgers, If this turns into the night where 5.5 GB turns into 7.5 GB, I think I'll be heading to Home Depot tomorrow as I'll have a drywall repair project to work on prior to tomorrow night's game.

So you're playing in a hitter's paradise, your starter somehow manages to go 6 brilliant innings before you need to roll the dice and go to the pen, the force is with you and you get a fantastic inning from a guy who's a bred starter, and you think it's a good idea to just give another guy a whirl? What is going on here?? How do you not just stop right there after Villy's inning, count your lucky stars that you picked the right guy for tonight, and let the train keep on a'rollin? Why the attempt to outsmart the obvious!?!?!?! UGH. That's our Yost....

What a perfect post for the 1000th post in the vent thread. What Ned did tonight is baffling. Just think of how much a genius Doug Melvin could've looked like if he had fired Ned when badger blogger (or whatever its callled) rumored it.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

How many years has Yost been here? How many winning seasons do we have? How many playoff appearances have we made with him as manager?

Now tell me why he still has a job? Anywhere else, he's gone years ago. He'll probably be back next year too.

Archived